Time to bring the curtain down (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Unfortunately this is not working at all.

Mowbray has been out manoeuvred by opposition managers for several weeks now. Losing home games to Fleetwood and Rochdale is not acceptable.

People can complain about budgets but he has a bigger budget than at least 3 teams in the top 6. He has badly let the club down since November and has made some seriously bad decisions regarding player signings.

We have made zero process since Pressley after the first third of the season. He admits he has no answers.

Well I've got an answer.

skyblue1991

Fine if you want Mowbray gone.

Who is a better option out there at present? I disagree with what some say when then don't have to state who they want as a replacement if they want someone sacked.

So I'm going to ask: if we sacked Mowbray tomorrow who is going to get us back into the top 6?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Steve McClaren might be available soon.

pusbccfc

Agree with you Grendel.

oscillatewildly

Why is it always the assumption that there is never anyone better out there than the failing current incumbent? Right now I'd be happy to take a gamble on some maverick loon to at least have a go at jump starting us back into the play off pack. I don't know, something just tells me things aren't gonna improve much between now and seasons end. :thinking about:

Gazolba

Joe Cole, player/manager ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Please go away G, I know you crave attention by trying to be controversial but bore off.

Mowbray has already proven himself to be a much better manager than SP, going pear shaped at the moment but needs to be given another transfer window in the summer.

skyblue1991

Why is it always the assumption that there is never anyone better out there than the failing current incumbent? Right now I'd be happy to take a gamble on some maverick loon to at least have a go at jump starting us back into the play off pack. I don't know, something just tells me things aren't gonna improve much between now and seasons end. :thinking about:
Who then?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Please go away G, I know you crave attention by trying to be controversial but bore off.

Mowbray has already proven himself to be a much better manager than SP, going pear shaped at the moment but needs to be given another transfer window in the summer.

Do you mean at CCFC or in general about Mowbray proving himself as better than Pressley?

Didn't Pressley have us near/in the play offs (without the point deduction) around November too before also hiring terrible form?

NorthernWisdom

Mowbray has already proven himself to be a much better manager than SP.

Personally I don't think he has...

However, that's exactly why I wouldn't sack him, either.

The problem's instrinsic at the club, so managers can ride a wave for a short time, but then it goes wrong. Even if you were to accept that it's the manager's fault and not the way the club's set up, then those making the choices of who to employ as manager clearly do a poor job of that, so what's the point of changing the manager only to go through it all again?

Oh, and Robins is available ;)

Grendel

That's bullshit - check both managers records then come back to me - rather sheepishly.

Grendel

I would approach robins and give him to the end of season with a big bonus for top 6 position.

Calista

I loved it while Robins was the manager, but it’s hard to overlook the fact that he cleared his desk and walked out on us like spoilt child. And I doubt if Joy has forgotten that either.

NorthernWisdom

I loved it while Robins was the manager, but it’s hard to overlook the fact that he cleared his desk and walked out on us like spoilt child. And I doubt if Joy has forgotten that either.

He did say it was the council's fault...

Of course, Robins was also wise enough to bog off while riding that wave, rather than waiting for the inevitable slump that comes for all managers of CCFC!

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's bullshit - check both managers records then come back to me - rather sheepishly.
Don't need to

The squad Pressley performed well in the first half of Sixfields was 100% inherited from the previous manager

The squad Mowbray has performed well first half of the season with was almost entirely put together by himself and Venus in one transfer window. Mowbray is not getting the best out of the team in the last few months but it is a talented squad which he has put together almost from scratch.

And that alone is enough reason to believe Mowbray is much better than Pressley

Nick

Administrator
Don't need to

The squad Pressley performed well in the first half of Sixfields was 100% inherited from the previous manager

The squad Mowbray has performed well first half of the season with was almost entirely put together by himself and Venus in one transfer window. Mowbray is not getting the best out of the team in the last few months but it is a talented squad which he has put together almost from scratch.

And that alone is enough reason to believe Mowbray is much better than Pressley

while I didn't rate Pressley at all, you would think doing well with a group of players you haven't chosen should be harder than doing well with a group of players you have?

Ian1779

I'd give him to the end of the season. He does deserve it. If he can't rescue this from here on in then he should walk away.

NorthernWisdom

while I didn't rate Pressley at all, you would think doing well with a group of players you haven't chosen should be harder than doing well with a group of players you have?

Wilson got his chance under Pressley too. Maddison's recent comments show Pressley could help and bring on players, give them confidence. Is easy to say it wasn't his squad, but WIlson may not have been the same player under a different manager...

We also added Webster, which was nice. He actually did alright first season. He was the Ricketts equivalent.

In terms of squad put together, Pressley's use of the youth graduates resulted in a more saleable side than the one Mowbray's put together...

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not always, you see a lot of managers go into a job and do very well initially with players they inherited and then struggle in the following seasons. Pressley was fortunate in that way to follow a relatively successfully manager in Robins who had also put together a decent squad for Pressley to inherit.

Another example is Martinez at Everton, inherited a very solid and good Everton team that Moyes had built, Martinez gave them a bit more freedom and added Lukaku but they still had all the good habits and discipline Moyes drilled into them and suddenly you now have a very good team with and they finished with 72 points in his first season.
A few years on now and that organisation and discipline Moyes instilled into Everton has slowly being lost as it hasn't been practiced, and now Martinez shortcomings as a manager are now being shown up.

Pressley inherited a good squad and turned it into a very poor squad.

Mowbray inherited a very poor squad and has turned it into a good squad which has under performed over the last few months.

Users who are viewing this thread