Time to end the TV licence? (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Agree with most of that and although in many ways it is left of centre (certainly in terms of comedy/panel shows etc, ticking diversity boxes etc) I think newswise it's centre, and in some cases even right of centre.

In politics last election you couldn't move for stuff on Corbyn and Labour anti-semitism everyday. In comparison very little was said on the claims over Islamophobia/anti-semitism in the Tories and all of Johnson's many faults/gaffes. Nothing on the hypocrisy of JRM's investment fund and Russia. How hard have they pushed where the Russia report is? Labour constantly being questioned on how to pay for all their pledges - hardly pushed on the Tories at all. I'm not going to go into the lack of questioning on the PPE/ventilator scheme/preparation for the pandemic at the moment as it's an ongoing thing and I'll see how much questioning is done of the government when some kind of normality resumes. Laura Bluenoseberg clearly has a bias towards the Tories (not in a Fox News type way but has a definite lean in that direction)

I think the threat of defunding the BBC basically made them more compliant to the government's wishes (though not totally).

Its pretty socially and economically liberal. Which is weird because that’s the opposite to the majority of the country who are generally slightly left wing and socially conservative.

The news section is heavily dominated by Tories. The entertainment by liberal luvvies, the comedy is left wing but that’s because the right aren’t funny.

Users who are viewing this thread