Time to part ways… (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

This isn’t a sack Robins or Robins out thread.

When has a manager like Robins (who’s been here for a long time) actually just taken the club as far as he can?

Does there come a time when naturally with both parties you have to freshens things up, new ideas, new ways of working with players etc?

Robins did better with no money/limited funds and got the team to gel, yet he can’t do it will multi million pound footballers? Is it just a step too far?

He’s done what was required which was lift us from the it’s of the football league to settled back in the Championship. Is it task complete and now we need a new breed of manager to take us forward?

Otis

When has a manager like Robins (who’s been here for a long time) actually just taken the club as far as he can?

Does there come a time when naturally with both parties you have to freshens things up, new ideas, new ways of working with players etc?

Robins did better with no money/limited funds and got the team to gel, yet he can’t do it will multi million pound footballers? Is it just step too far?

He’s done what was required which was lift us from the it’s of the football league to settled back in the Championship. Is it task complete and now we need a new breed of manager to take us forward?
Nope.

Have to give him the January window to help improve the squad and then see where we are come the end of the season

Matt smith

Nope.

Have to give him the January window to help improve the squad and then see where we are come the end of the season
Agree with the January comment and would give him that window to further shape the side and he’s been wonderful for this club

however I don’t think the original posters comments should be dismissed, I think they’re fair comments that can be debated

and this season I do think he’s got a lot of things wrong, and the recruitment has been patchy

If he’s got a couple more pieces of the puzzle to bring in and they make us a hell of a lot better then he deserves praise

but it’s not great at the moment

Cov98

Nope.

Exactly. I think even if Doug is thinking about a possible change he’d be a lunatic to do it before the end of the season. It’d be different if we were bottom by Christmas but with the way we’re going we should be lower mid table by the end of the season. You could gamble and get rid of robins after Christmas and it’ll either work or get us relegated. At least it’s fairly certain we won’t go down with robins in charge this season.

Evo1883

Robins did better with no money/limited funds and got the team to gel, yet he can’t do it will multi million pound footballers? Is it just a step too far?

Time to log off , can't stand many of our fans .. thankless turds

Ccfcisparks

Happy Comedy GIF by TRT

AFCCOVENTRY

Agree with the January comment and would give him that window to further shape the side and he’s been wonderful for this club

however I don’t think the original posters comments should be dismissed, I think they’re fair comments that can be debated

I see most of the comments are what I expected. This isn’t a Robins out thread but a debate on when does the time come, especially with a manager who’s been fantastic for us bringing us out from the lower leagues. There’s an element of Robins is untouchable across the fan base.

Matt smith

I see most of the comments are what I expected. This isn’t a Robins out thread but a debate on when does the time come, especially with a manager who’s been fantastic for us bringing us out from the lower leagues. There’s an element of Robins is untouchable across the fan base.
Yeah he shouldn’t be untouchable, there’s no sentiment in football

but as I’ve said, he deserves the January window and behond to shape this new team, it needs some work, but he’ll know that more than anyone on here

Sky Blue Heaven

Good debate starter AFC, I’d be interested to know who you (or the rest of the forum) think could do a better job than MR? Who are the new breed of managers coming through? When Championship managers are sacked these days, all I see are the usual suspects being linked; the majority of which have just been sacked by their previous clubs. I know I’m covering old ground but to lose the two best players in the Championship, and especially, to replace Gus at such short notice was always going to be a challenge. Appreciate the club should have made provisions, but they didn’t for whatever reason. Keep the faith, PUSB

Matt smith

Good debate starter AFC, I’d be interested to know who you (or the rest of the forum) think could do a better job than MR? Who are the new breed of managers coming through? When Championship managers are sacked these days, all I see are the usual suspects being linked; the majority of which have just been sacked by their previous clubs. I know I’m covering old ground but to lose the two best players in the Championship, and especially, to replace Gus at such short notice was always going to be a challenge. Appreciate the club should have made provisions, but they didn’t for whatever reason. Keep the faith, PUSB
We haven’t replaced him yet, we will in January, imperative we get the right player

will probably be styles, although that doesn’t really wet the appetite

I think we’ll spend 3-5 on a midfielder

Warwickhunt

And who we going to get? Pep Guadiola or another failed manager?

Warwickhunt

We haven’t replaced him yet, we will in January, imperative we get the right player

will probably be styles, although that doesn’t really wet the appetite

I think we’ll spend 3-5 on a midfielder
I quite Ilias Chair from QPR

Hobo

ir i

Take a look at some teams who have changed their managers after progress. They often go backwards for several seasons.

We are in a rebuild which was needed. It will take time but things are not as bad as people are making out.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well so far the front runner seems to be the Son of God. Two votes for him already.

Grendel

Genuine question- why is he untouchable?

No one is - it’s interesting those who say this tend to be stay at home “supporters”

PVA

Genuine question- why is he untouchable?

he’s done a great job, but shouldn’t just be given unlimited time based on the past, should get some additional Lee way granted

I didn't say he was.

I'm saying it's not surprising that there's an 'element' of him being untouchable. Of course there is, given what he's achieved.

PVA

No one is - it’s interesting those who say this tend to be stay at home “supporters”

Why do you keep spouting this shite? So fucking tedious. You're obsessed.

Didn't see you at Millwall by the way. Some 'supporter' you are.

Grendel

Why do you keep spouting this shite? So fucking tedious. You're obsessed.

Didn't see you at Millwall by the way. Some 'supporter' you are.

It isn’t shite is it. There are 19,000 season ticket holders - many first time purchasers who have invested significantly to the clubs budget. They are the most important people from kings perspective and need keeping on board. The football is drab and the results are not inspiring - so there is a real risk of fans not renewing

A day trip in London provides the club with no money so yes our views are the ones that matter

Users who are viewing this thread