Tiredness (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

Noah's going to have to build another Ark to deal with the amount of tears you're going to shed when O'Hare and Bidwell leave in the summer
But he is right on this occasion !

larry_david

Remember that, it was shocking. He couldn't even walk.
He did it with Godden as well two seasons ago where he blocked a shot in the first half and carried on another 30 mins and then was ruled out for 2 months with an ankle injury from it.

His lack of trust in the kids really does wind me up. Lati has been shite for the last 2 months but he's played every position under the sun and every game, he's known to be injured so is it his fault he's absolutely knackered?

You try playing footy week in week out when you're knackered, injured and confidence is shot from being flogged every game.

MR needs to trust his squad more and i'm sorry but he needs to start protecting his players too. Dausch last night proved in that 6 mins that he could at least do something positive, use them more.

SBT

It's possible for some of the things you've mentioned to be correct and for fatigue to be a factor, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

But I will keep banging on about squad size, if we don't increase it we won't go anywhere.
Spot on. We’ve been shocking in the past few games, but a poor run will look even worse when you’ve got a squad the size of ours playing through injuries and fixture congestion.

SAJ

It's possible for some of the things you've mentioned to be correct and for fatigue to be a factor, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

But I will keep banging on about squad size, if we don't increase it we won't go anywhere.
You say this so I’ve just looked at stats from last season to this of minutes played
22/23 season minutes played in 51 matches for the top 11 players in terms of minutes played
Gyokeres 4377
Wilson 4260
Bidwell 3963
Doyle 3819
Hamer 3758
Fadz 3758
Sheaf 3174
Allen 3085
Eccles 2619
Panzo 2304
Godden 2160

Total minutes played 34154
Now compare to this season but over 52 matches
Thomas 4021
Eccles 3676
MVE 3522
Lati 3357
Wright 3307
Simms 3134
Sheaf 2881
Collins 2730
Kitching 2568
JDS 2548
Bidwell 2410.

Total minutes played 36835.
So between the 11 they played 2700 minutes more.
so last season in less games (by 1) all of the top 9 players played more minutes than the top 9 in this season but they have had an extra match to play those minutes in.

So how come tiredness and fatigue is such a massive problem this season but not last?

Last edited:

Otis

This thread shows just how quickly robins will be looking for another job. The thin patience and perspective is alarming but not a surprise
Yup. It's been a very decent season for us and we have only fallen short at the last hurdle due to squad size.

But already there is so much slating of Robins it's untrue.

I'm not surprised either, but it is very sad to behold.

fernandopartridge

We've got 2 players in the top 100 most minutes played this season (Thomas and Eccles). The top 50 includes more than that each from the top 3 teams.

Granted, we had the cup on top but we rested some players in the 3rd, 4th and 5th round.

The deterioration in form began before the recent block of games.

Nick

Administrator
He did it with Godden as well two seasons ago where he blocked a shot in the first half and carried on another 30 mins and then was ruled out for 2 months with an ankle injury from it.

His lack of trust in the kids really does wind me up. Lati has been shite for the last 2 months but he's played every position under the sun and every game, he's known to be injured so is it his fault he's absolutely knackered?

You try playing footy week in week out when you're knackered, injured and confidence is shot from being flogged every game.

MR needs to trust his squad more and i'm sorry but he needs to start protecting his players too. Dausch last night proved in that 6 mins that he could at least do something positive, use them more.

It's even when we have been in positions to give players run outs where we have either lost the game or we are winning by a margin so can give some youngsters a run out and get minutes in other players legs.

He doesn't seem to want or know how to rotate a squad.

clint van damme

You say this so I’ve just looked at stats from last season to this of minutes played
22/23 season minutes played in 51 matches for the top 11 players in terms of minutes played
Gyokeres 4377
Wilson 4260
Bidwell 3963
Doyle 3819
Hamer 3758
Fadz 3758
Sheaf 3174
Allen 3085
Eccles 2619
Panzo 2304
Godden 2160

Thomas 4021
Eccles 3676
MVE 3522
Lati 3357
Wright 3307
Simms 3134
Sheaf 2881
Collins 2730
Kitching 2568
JDS 2548
Bidwell 2410.

so last season in less games (by 1) all of the top 9 players played more minutes than the top 9 in this season but they have had an extra match to play those minutes in.

So how come tiredness and fatigue is such a massive problem this season but not last?

Good bit of analysis but 3 of those games came at the end of the season in the form of play offs. And last season didnt include 2 games against Premiership opposition one which required a late come back and a semi final that went to ET and penalties.
Think that has to be factored in.

stupot07

Gyokeres 4377
Wilson 4260
Bidwell 3963
Doyle 3819
Hamer 3758
Fadz 3758
Sheaf 3174
Allen 3085
Eccles 2619
Panzo 2304
Godden 2160

Thomas 4021
Eccles 3676
MVE 3522
Lati 3357
Wright 3307
Simms 3134
Sheaf 2881
Collins 2730
Kitching 2568
JDS 2548
Bidwell 2410.

It would be interesting to see that breakdown for just 2024. And how little minutes some of our squad have played. It will go back to Robins not trusting his squad.

larry_david

It's even when we have been in positions to give players run outs where we have either lost the game or we are winning by a margin so can give some youngsters a run out and get minutes in other players legs.

He doesn't seem to want or know how to rotate a squad.
Agree, I always hark back to the one of the first seasons back in the Championship and he was banging the 'players are knackered' drum and we were 3 or 4-0 up against Rotherham with 20 mins to go and he refused to make a single sub.

And then post match 'we're out on our feet'

fernandopartridge

The other point worth making on tiredness is that the league fixtures were condensed into shorter periods because of the world cup break last season

SAJ

Gyokeres 4377
Wilson 4260
Bidwell 3963
Doyle 3819
Hamer 3758
Fadz 3758
Sheaf 3174
Allen 3085
Eccles 2619
Panzo 2304
Godden 2160

Total minutes played 36835
Thomas 4021
Eccles 3676
MVE 3522
Lati 3357
Wright 3307
Simms 3134
Sheaf 2881
Collins 2730
Kitching 2568
JDS 2548
Bidwell 2410.

So how come tiredness and fatigue is such a massive problem this season but not

Probably because this year we’re having to squeeze our last five games of the season into a ten day period that also coincides with a load of injuries.
He’s said for far longer than the last 5 matches the players are tired.

SBT

He’s said for far longer than the last 5 matches the players are tired.
Yes, and now with the fixture congestion and injuries it’s becoming a problem.

He complains about this every year, all managers do.

shmmeee

The other point worth making on tiredness is that the league fixtures were condensed into shorter periods because of the world cup break last season

But equally we got a midsession break.

I think the biggest difference is we had a mostly settled squad aside from Palmer coming in and the loanees so levels were where Robins wanted them already.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Tiredness ?

How did the likes of Liverpool, Leeds and Nottingham Forest win all them league titles between them back in the day, playing 60 games, with Cup games and European games a season with ONLY ONE sub allowed with smaller squad's.

And they say the players of today are fitter. LOL.

Sky Blue Harry H

Was anyone else concerned when MVE went on a couple of runs late in the game last night and got hacked down. Each time I was waiting to see if it was a serious one, as he looked completely shattered (despite being able to sprint). I do think players are more prone to injury when they are fatigued (and I don't think MR is making excuses, just giving explanations for some performances)

MikeyMoo

We may have had a dip in form but we were still scoring a lot of goals. It's a defensive midfield/defense problem, which we didn't have last year, it's been off an on all season. Out attack can't really be faulted. Godden got goals in the first 10 games, then it was the midfield, then Simms/Wright who may still end up with 20 each this season. But at the back (and I don't know to what extent the midfield cover) we had inexperience, some reckless or poor decisions, a string of own goals it seems, keeper jeepers. I don't think we need a change of personel, just a better all round season in this regard. Our defense was really good last season with all the loan players, I'd like to think it will be that good again next season, and we'll be even better going forwards. Midfield strength TBD.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Tiredness ?

How did the likes of Liverpool, Leeds and Nottingham Forest win all them league titles between them back in the day, playing 60 games, with Cup games and European games a season with ONLY ONE sub allowed with smaller squad's.

And they say the players of today are fitter. LOL.
If you compared the intensity of top level football then to now it's far quicker now. It'd look L1 standard now.

With sports science players are pushed to their limits. Back in the day they'd be in the pub smoking a fag an hour after a game.

Nick

Administrator
You're assuming he says the same things to them as he does to the media which is pretty naive.

When he's going to the media every week to excuse them for being tired they are getting a free pass publically.

robbiekeane

I think everyone needs to calm the fuck down. So we had a wobble and robins ran out of ideas in the last quarter of the season when he had all the hype from the cup run. We’ve had some key injuries and didn’t strengthen like we wanted to in January.

Chill out. The fact we’ve been in with a chance most of the season and the cup run is amazing given all of the dribblers on here in the first ten games

On we march

mmttww

When he's going to the media every week to excuse them for being tired they are getting a free pass publically.

Come on! The MR that the players get is the bloke caught on camera telling Godden to "f*cking work harder, then!" when we were three-nil up vs. M'Boro.

'Every week'? You're making stuff up. No chance he's talked about tiredness anywhere near that often. It wasn't the focus of his comments Tue night, either.

Last edited:

DrPoolittle

Gyokeres 4377
Wilson 4260
Bidwell 3963
Doyle 3819
Hamer 3758
Fadz 3758
Sheaf 3174
Allen 3085
Eccles 2619
Panzo 2304
Godden 2160

Thomas 4021
Eccles 3676
MVE 3522
Lati 3357
Wright 3307
Simms 3134
Sheaf 2881
Collins 2730
Kitching 2568
JDS 2548
Bidwell 2410.

Tired and fatigue is caused by mental pressure as well

Nick

Administrator
Come on! The MR that the players get is the bloke caught on camera telling Godden to "f*cking work harder, then!" when we were three-nil up vs. M'Boro.

'Every week'? You're making stuff up. No chance he's talked about tiredness anywhere near that often. It wasn't the focus of his comments Tue night, either.

Funnily it gets talked about more when our form completely dropped off..

mmttww

Funnily it gets talked about more when our form completely dropped off..

Why would a manager come out and say "Yeah, we're in great form. Did you know half the squad is knackered and carrying knocks?".

You think he's giving players a free pass, I don't. I think you're taking one or two comments he made as a stick to beat him with. Don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread