Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
For wanting to play kids that Robins clearly doesn't rate highly enough

And you know he doesn't rate them highly enough to play a half against Maidstone in a game we had already won? 🤣

blunted

Apr 27, 2021
Imagine going to a pub then on to a club, pulling and dragging yourself up after no sleep with a lot of physical activity. That is how our players feel.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
View attachment 35497

Wish everyone COULD see that.

Obviously not though. The more knowledgeable fans know better than the manager

Anyway, season is over now.

It's been a ride, but some very upbeat and enjoyable moments.

We got very excited for a while didn't we.

We haven’t been tired for the last 13 league games

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Anyone who thinks fatigue wasn't a factor in recent performances is frankly chatting shite.

Last 13 games?

djr8369

Jun 9, 2018
View attachment 35497

Yep, in every game since the semi-final it’s been painfully obvious we’ve fielded 2-3 players who shouldn’t have been playing and I’m sure the rest weren’t anywhere near 100%.

Reactions: skybluecam and Otis

CovLad94

Jul 30, 2017
It is actually possible for players to play shite for more than one reason. Pretty obvious that tiredness has been one of them in the past few weeks.
Lack of personnel due to injuries.players having to play out-of position (ie Eccles today) and poor bench. Just how it is, fatigue plays a massive factor. Have no doubt we'll be better and stronger next season. Can't wait

SBT

Sep 14, 2012
From Liam Kelly after the game:
The congestion of games, the FA Cup, it just took it out of everyone. You have seen the amount of injuries we have picked up over the last couple of weeks.

“That is pretty much how the lads are feeling. They are feeling tired, they are feeling worn down, it has been a tough season.”
The gaslighting powers of Mark Robins, ladies and gentlemen!

messiahrobins

Feb 27, 2024
Lack of personnel due to injuries.players having to play out-of position (ie Eccles today) and poor bench. Just how it is, fatigue plays a massive factor. Have no doubt we'll be better and stronger next season. Can't wait
Potentially you are right, IF we keep our best players, and i am worried about that. I have a horrible feeling Wright, Sheaf and MVE will be off. Wright is a magnificent player and i am certain there will be offers for him. MVE looked world class v Man utd at Wembley and already had a fairly big reputation in Europe i think so i can see bids coming in for him. sheaf is as good as gone.

skybluecam

Apr 25, 2015
Potentially you are right, IF we keep our best players, and i am worried about that. I have a horrible feeling Wright, Sheaf and MVE will be off. Wright is a magnificent player and i am certain there will be offers for him. MVE looked world class v Man utd at Wembley and already had a fairly big reputation in Europe i think so i can see bids coming in for him. sheaf is as good as gone.
Playing for a mid table Eredivisie club doesn’t give you a big reputation in Europe 🤣

Wright and MVE aren’t leaving, certainly not for less than £20m. Sheaf £15m.

messiahrobins

Feb 27, 2024
Playing for a mid table Eredivisie club doesn’t give you a big reputation in Europe 🤣

Wright and MVE aren’t leaving, certainly not for less than £20m. Sheaf £15m.
You have more faith in Doug King than i do. I think he sees this as business and not as a Jack Walker type hobby back in the day so if we made a profit on Wright and MVE i could see him allowing them to go. Hope i am wrong as Wright was my POTY

Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry
You have more faith in Doug King than i do. I think he sees this as business and not as a Jack Walker type hobby back in the day so if we made a profit on Wright and MVE i could see him allowing them to go. Hope i am wrong as Wright was my POTY

I know where you are coming from but as a businessman I think he knows success isn't just about making money in the short term but moving the business forward. Otherwise he would not have reinvested in the players he did this season and wouldn't be investing in improving the clubs infrastructure.

His best chance of making a lot of money out of the club is to get it in the Premier League and sell it. However as some clubs are finding there are not loads of billionaires queueing up to buy UK football clubs.

Let's face it Jack Walker couldn't have afforded a modern day Premier League Club and buy the title.

Reactions: messiahrobins

Diogenes

Dec 16, 2023
Lancashire

If he sees it as a business (sensible) then selling at the first opportunity won't progress the long term goals for the business which is to get into the premier league.

For this "model" to work, you can't rely on an endless conveyer belt of stars that you will develop and make a profit on. Without good planning, they will dry up at some point and if you have sold your best players at the first opportunity you will regress.

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

We’d genuine have close to £60m to spend. Even I could get us promoted with that.

Hertsccfc

Apr 29, 2018
If he sees it as a business (sensible) then selling at the first opportunity won't progress the long term goals for the business which is to get into the premier league.

For this "model" to work, you can't rely on an endless conveyer belt of stars that you will develop and make a profit on. Without good planning, they will dry up at some point and if you have sold your best players at the first opportunity you will regress.
You also end up with a load of poor players like Collins on four year contracts. Not all signings like this work.

alfielloyd

Feb 8, 2020
View attachment 35497

MR suggested the players were tired in February, the question is why and why were our players so much more fatigued than players at other clubs?

messiahrobins

Feb 27, 2024
I know where you are coming from but as a businessman I think he knows success isn't just about making money in the short term but moving the business forward. Otherwise he would not have reinvested in the players he did this season and wouldn't be investing in improving the clubs infrastructure.

His best chance of making a lot of money out of the club is to get it in the Premier League and sell it. However as some clubs are finding there are not loads of billionaires queueing up to buy UK football clubs.

Let's face it Jack Walker couldn't have afforded a modern day Premier League Club and buy the title.
Hull City i think prove Doug right thus far in fairness

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
First full season at this level for by my count 6/11 first team.

Hasn't it been said before that our training is quite intense?
No idea how it compares to other teams, I cant imagine ours can be much more intensive.

Reactions: shmmeee

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Aug 16, 2018
You'd think at the end of the season with so many games in a short period they'd dial it back a bit.

Mucca Mad Boys

Jul 26, 2012
Coventry
Hasn't it been said before that our training is quite intense?
No idea how it compares to other teams, I cant imagine ours can be much more intensive.
You'd think at the end of the season with so many games in a short period they'd dial it back a bit.

Robins talks a lot about giving players a rest and has gone in depth on this in interviews previously.

It’s more likely the accumulation of matches because we don’t have the numbers.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Aug 16, 2018
Robins talks a lot about giving players a rest and has gone in depth on this in interviews previously.

It’s more likely the accumulation of matches because we don’t have the numbers.
I agree. Even reducing training to little more than stretching the players would still have been knackered.

Reactions: Mucca Mad Boys

Users who are viewing this thread