TLS - Forest Report (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4439

Most accurate summary of our play that I've seen on here. So we were as bad as I thought then. First half was mightily depressing, and I have less confidence for this year than I did at the start of last year. Btw, don't tell anybody else I said this.

NortonSkyBlue

Most accurate summary of our play that I've seen on here. So we were as bad as I thought then. First half was mightily depressing, and I have less confidence for this year than I did at the start of last year. Btw, don't tell anybody else I said this.
Far be it for me to disagree with you but I didn’t find the first half depressing, it was a game of football where we were finding our feet and eventually we did.
If Forest did a TLS and I was reading about the joyous first half and how I had renewed confidence in the team then the bubble burst then I could sort of get it but frankly we were never that bad and never that good, we just got better as the game went on. Better that way round.

LilleSkyBlue

Didn't find the first half depressing either. Forest outplayed us and deserved their lead but it was a surprisingly decent game of football and it felt like the right changes at half-time (Dacosta off, Dabo shifted was just the ticket) could get us back into things.

Not really a 'toilet match' - though one doesn't like to be seen to be quibbling with a man who shows such insight into the game.

Otherwise, that's another top piece by Laurence and I look forward to more. Since I never get to games and have grown to love ifollow, his whole-body, immersive matchday reports remind me what football's really about.

pusbccfc

Amazing work as always.

D

Deleted member 4439

Far be it for me to disagree with you but I didn’t find the first half depressing, it was a game of football where we were finding our feet and eventually we did.
If Forest did a TLS and I was reading about the joyous first half and how I had renewed confidence in the team then the bubble burst then I could sort of get it but frankly we were never that bad and never that good, we just got better as the game went on. Better that way round.

It wasn't terrible, but I was left observing everything that Lawrence has pointed out in his blog. Tbh, I wasn't on the best form, and I let what happening on the pitch affect me more than it should, such is my passion to see us do well. Anyway, just the start of the season, onwards!

87mint

Thanks guys. I think there was probably something to what Robins said, in terms of players being genuinely adjusting to having 20 thousand rowdy fans scrutinizing their every move.

I didn't find it depressing as such, just both teams weren't quite where they wanted to be. Anyway - onwards: win when you play average etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread