To The Misled and Affronted Sheffield United Fans - our right to reply... (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

utter bullshit, they're sisu love in started long before the pitch invasion.

They're a horrible club supported by horrible fans who've played horrible football over the years. I still wouldn't wish on them what we've been through though.

Joy Division

If after all the explanations of what the protest was about they still don't get it, then I think its always going to be lost on that few of them. A Blades fan I know even said to be he thought a bunch of them were being twattish to us all evening and was pretty embarrassed.

By all accounts they weren't particularly nice to the Charlton fans at their protest either.

Liquid Gold

It's so childish that through the mass criticism they've received from fans of other teams they are still trying to justify their actions. Be men, apologise and say you got it wrong.

Nick

Administrator
Are people still angry about them singing a song to wind up our fans?

We had fans singing "She said yes" about Marlon King for god sake.

It was football fans singing things to wind the other fans up.

Joy Division

Are people still angry about them singing a song to wind up our fans?

We had fans singing "She said yes" about Marlon King for god sake.

It was football fans singing things to wind the other fans up.

At least with that awful Marlon King song most of our fans are completely disgusted by it and quick to condemn it.

lifeskyblue

They were signing love sisu, in the first half, way before the 85th minute pitch invasion

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My first thought when hearing them sing that was irony. Of course they don't support SISU. Most will never have heard of them.
It all seems a bit like a pantomime...'oh yes he is' 'oh no he isn't'. You know formulaic...it's what football fans do. If that is what gets most people worked up about Thursday then god help us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec

My first thought when hearing them sing that was irony. Of course they don't support SISU. Most will never have heard of them.
It all seems a bit like a pantomime...'oh yes he is' 'oh no he isn't'. You know formulaic...it's what football fans do. If that is what gets most people worked up about Thursday then god help us.

This. Not sure why it's so difficult to see.

I'm a Sheffield United fan and I watched it on Sky. The pro-SISU chants did start in the first half, soon after we scored the first goal. The chants were clearly a tongue-in-cheek way of saying 'thanks for the 3 points, SISU' (as it seemed like we would breeze it as we were controlling much of the 1st half). That's how I saw it anyway.

Rodders1

I'm a Sheffield United fan and I watched it on Sky. The pro-SISU chants did start in the first half, soon after we scored the first goal. The chants were clearly a tongue-in-cheek way of saying 'thanks for the 3 points, SISU' (as it seemed like we would breeze it as we were controlling much of the 1st half). That's how I saw it anyway.
I don't understand why the sheff u fans were supportive of the charlton protest (throwing stuff on pitch) versus our protest (running on the pitch)?

Both were not violent. Both stopped the game, and both games started again.

There's no difference in my eyes.

And as for the whistles - get over it FFS. No worse than the bloody clappers at Leicester.

Liquid Gold

our football club is dying and you're taking the piss, some things are a bit close to the bone you know. If a family member had terminal cancer you'd be pretty pissed off if someone was using it to take the piss out of you. A football club is basically a member of the family for some.

Nick

Administrator
our football club is dying and you're taking the piss, some things are a bit close to the bone you know. If a family member had terminal cancer you'd be pretty pissed off if someone was using it to take the piss out of you. A football club is basically a member of the family for some.

I think if it was CCFC fans or somebody who knows more about it singing it then it would be close to the bone.

They were singing it as football fans having beef across the terrace, should have just been greeted with a "wanker, wanker" type thing back ;)

jimmyhillsfanclub

Well I'd suggest those people attempt to get a little more perspective into their lives......

......With all due respect, your analogy above is fucking ridiculous....

theferret

I think if it was CCFC fans or somebody who knows more about it singing it then it would be close to the bone.

They were singing it as football fans having beef across the terrace, should have just been greeted with a "wanker, wanker" type thing back ;)

I wasn't that arsed about the singing - it annoyed me, but it was largely just mischief. No big deal really. What was bothersome was how confrontational they became, to the point that they started to spill onto the pitch to try and get at the protesters. Why? Had it just been the singing we'd have forgotten about it, but it was more the angry reaction and the subsequent trolling that grates. Buy hey, fuck em.

Well I'd suggest those people attempt to get a little more perspective into their lives......

......With all due respect, your analogy above is fucking ridiculous....
This is a ridiculous reply! You go to Newcastle football is a religion.....I 100% agree its like family.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Adge

If protests, ie pitch invasions are to continue in the future, (and I would back them) we have to be careful not to alienate the visiting fans who may well be sympathetic, but have payed good money to travel and watch their team. We need everyone to be on board!

D

Deleted member 4439

I have smidgeon of empathy with what the guy is saying. If we were pushing at the top we wouldn't take too kindly to have the game stopped in the way it was, especially if that would have meant only a point (when, in truth, Utd always looked the most likely to score, despite our players raising their game), But where the writer lost me completely was in his absolute cognitive dissonance in believing that whistles were louder when Utd were attacking and that the balloons were to their disadvantage. A schoolboy whine.

lifeskyblue

I agree...tongue in cheek and irony. I was criticising our fans for focusing on this.

Covstu

I don't understand why the sheff u fans were supportive of the charlton protest (throwing stuff on pitch) versus our protest (running on the pitch)?

Both were not violent. Both stopped the game, and both games started again.

There's no difference in my eyes.

And as for the whistles - get over it FFS. No worse than the bloody clappers at Leicester.
Because we didn't send them a nice letter asking them if we can

Flying Fokker

The Sheffield United fans 'attitude' is a distraction. Ideal for SISU in as much as some vented their frustration on other fans. Erroneously of course.

SISU don't like bad publicity. Media will cover the protests like circling vultures if this continues.

stevefloyd

Hey lets not knock them... if Shitsu think they love them maybe they can fuck off from here and buy them.... ohh I do love irony.... a cunning plan by them methinks

Macca

Seriously man the fuck up. Makes us sound like a bunch of pussies. It's a football match, hardly attended by a majority of brain surgeons and scientists. Anyone who has travelled away with City will know that yes even we have a large number of fans who behave like utter dicks.

Users who are viewing this thread