To those who are staying away (1 Viewer)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The scenes inside the stadium when the 3rd went in were special. It makes so much difference having the fans closer together.

I fucking love this season.

I went bonkers but stopped quickly to take it in I looked up towards block 15 ( I'm block 20) and it was bedlam you could see people throwing themselves on others people weren't just celebrating as they 'normally' would there was more 'chaos' as such more jumping/ bouncing/ flailing of arms etc.

Shame it probably wasn't filmed anywhere it genuinely stopped me celebrating the goal for 10 seconds to stop watch and smile.

Also the feel towards the end of the game Saturday wasn't like before when we've come back to win games like that its 3 points towards something different not just survival or lower mid table, that feeling that we had kept ourselves in a strong position in the top 6 gives that extra boost.

Last edited:

Gazolba

Those who are staying away are not reading this forum. In fact, they are probably not checking CCFC's results at all. Supporters once lost are pretty much gone for good. Only a dribble will come back once results improve. It's up to CCFC to find a whole new generation of supporters. Unfortunately, the owners and management don't seem to have a clue how to do that.

Gazolba

Astute;984125 But I like to think that I am a CCFC supporter.[/QUOTE said:
You are, any anyone who says different is an idiot.

hill83

I only went to two games last season even though I had a season ticket. Because we were shit and I hated it. I didn't class myself as a 'real fan' last season. Take some responsibility for not going.

That being said, everyone is more than welcome back.

Edit: I'm talking about people making a conscious decision not to go. Not to people that can't make it.

Last edited:

skybluelee

Everybody's personal stance is different; financially, geographically, health-wise etc.

However, somebody whose attendance at a match is dictated by the success on the pitch is not a real supporter.

hill83

I don't think the term 'real' works to be honest. 'Shit' would work better.
Last season I was a shit fan/supporter.

skybluealan

I could not care less what anybody says about true fans, I've been to two home and two away games this season as I am one of those who have to book a hotel for the night while watching any home games. I was there during the JH days and before so I'm to old to argue about true fans etc, Anybody who supports Cov to me whether they go to matches or not, (could live the other side of the world) are true fans.

skybluebeduff

Just watch the highlights again, and listen to the roar when we scored our 3rd, why would anyone not want to be part of that?

Evo1883

Look we all know the difference between a STAYAWAY and somebody who simply have reasons or situations that dictate attendance .
i have no clue why people get so pissed off over this subject .
yes we know people work , yes we know people travel ,yes we know people have children , yes we know people cannot afford it .
however it's undeniable that we have a few fairweather fans , as do alot of clubs, its true that if we had a huge game tomorrow the attendance would be 32000 then next week 12000 , and its also correct to say that these supporters are somewhat "shite " in comparison to the people that make the effort within reason .
and the reasons have already been mentioned

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I would love to become a regular attendee supporter again. Since early retirement 5 years ago, as most of you know, I now live on the Isle of Wight. The cost to get to a game is way beyond my reach. Nearly £50 just for the ferry crossing, at least £30-£40 for fuel, Ticket cost and food costs, plus all day travel, .... it comes to over £100 to watch a game. Just can't do it anymore lads. :( But I will be a CCFC supporter till the day I pop me clogs!
PUSB!!

covcity4life

last year it was horrible at ricoh, you have to expect attendences to drop if a)no entertainment b)your team you love keeps getting beatevery week, its depressive lol

but to the stay away fans all i can say...its changed!

i have been 5 games this season and seen 3 wins and 2 draws , each win we scored 3 goals too! i think in total 11 goals for and 6 against in those 5 games. go home with a smile on face everytime bar blackpool and even then i was content enough

go watch a game while we are in form,you might get hooked again

I would love to become a regular attendee supporter again. Since early retirement 5 years ago, as most of you know, I now live on the Isle of Wight. The cost to get to a game is way beyond my reach. Nearly £50 just for the ferry crossing, at least £30-£40 for fuel, Ticket cost and food costs, plus all day travel, .... it comes to over £100 to watch a game. Just can't do it anymore lads. :( But I will be a CCFC supporter till the day I pop me clogs!
PUSB!!

Completely understand; am in similar circs on limited income, but I can get to most games in the NW but sadly not to the Ricoh.

bringbackrattles

So let me get this right.

A real fan isn't someone who can't afford to go to many games.

A real fan isn't someone who lives a long way from Coventry and can't get to many games.

A real fan isn't someone who does shift work that gets in the way of going to games.

A real fan isn't someone who has other commitments that stops them from going to most games.

Thanks for letting me know that I am not a real fan. I have been going to games since the early 80's. My youngest lad has the initials CCFC. Sometimes I travel 6 hours or more each way to games. But shift work and other commitments stop me from going to every game.

Do you go to every game home and away? If not then under your rules there are better fans/supporters than yourself. But the way I see it is if someone goes to games whenever they can they are a fan/supporter.

One more thing BBR. Under your rules I am not a fan/supporter. Do you even do pre season like some hardcore supporters of ours? If you do why didn't I see you in Italy last season?

Was it too expensive?

Was it too far to travel?

Did work get in the way?

Did you have other commitments?

I am not having a go here. It just pisses me off to find out that I am not a real supporter just because somebody says so. I pass places on my way to Coventry that many say is a long way to go for an away day. My journey to Coventry takes about the same time as someone from Coventry going to Carlisle each game. I am not the most dedicated supporter of CCFC. But I like to think that I am a CCFC supporter.
Sorry to have upset you Astute or anybody else that wasn't my intention. Someone wrote the stayaways will come back if we are near the play offs etc,so I commented those are not real City fans then. That is my opinion and I stick by it but I'm no big super fan either whatever that is. A couple of my mates both live in Coventry and can go but choose not to and I rib them as part-timers as they say they'll come back if we get promoted,so to me even though there pals they are not proper Sky Blue supporters,and what is wrong with me saying that ? If like Houch or yourself who live so far away then of course it's difficult,but my beef is against those that can easily go to matches but won't to me that is strange. I've been posting on here for a long while and have never set out to cause an argument or friction but we all have opinions but this one of mine hasn't gone down well it seems !

Skyblueweeman

I average 1-5 games per season, a mixture of home and away. Would love to go more but there's a number of reasons why I don't - distance (from the South Coast), cost (not the tickets really, petrol, food etc) and having other interests as well such as cycling and golf.

If we get to a final etc, will I try and get a ticket? Definitely. Despite the two games I've seen this season being Pompey in Pre-Season and Swindon away, I'll defo get a couple more in before the end of the season.

Just because I don't go to many, I don't consider myself any less of a fan than those who go week in week out. Ultimately, we all want the same thing. Success for CCFC. I just seem them as luckier than me for living closer and having the time to see more games.

WM

mechaishida

Sorry to have upset you Astute or anybody else that wasn't my intention. Someone wrote the stayaways will come back if we are near the play offs etc,so I commented those are not real City fans then. That is my opinion and I stick by it but I'm no big super fan either whatever that is. A couple of my mates both live in Coventry and can go but choose not to and I rib them as part-timers as they say they'll come back if we get promoted,so to me even though there pals they are not proper Sky Blue supporters,and what is wrong with me saying that ? If like Houch or yourself who live so far away then of course it's difficult,but my beef is against those that can easily go to matches but won't to me that is strange. I've been posting on here for a long while and have never set out to cause an argument or friction but we all have opinions but this one of mine hasn't gone down well it seems !

That's a fair summary, mate. I myself am unable to attend many matches since I haven't lived in England for, oof, 14 years...the only time I'm able to get to a game is when I'm visiting family in Cov'. Even though the last 14 years have been heart-wrenching for anyone with a Sky Blue heart, I'd have been there in the crowd at every opportunity if I could have been.

I will say this to every 'NOPM/stay-away'...get your arses to the Ricoh and sing your f**king heart out, who cares if SISU have transgressed because they're trying to make amends this season. If I could be there for every game, I'd bloody well be there - through all of it. Fickle is fickle, but come on, add a voice to the CCFC faithful and make a difference.

Thus ends my dramatic, fist-pumping diatribe.

bringbackrattles

That's a fair summary, mate. I myself am unable to attend many matches since I haven't lived in England for, oof, 14 years...the only time I'm able to get to a game is when I'm visiting family in Cov'. Even though the last 14 years have been heart-wrenching for anyone with a Sky Blue heart, I'd have been there in the crowd at every opportunity if I could have been.

I will say this to every 'NOPM/stay-away'...get your arses to the Ricoh and sing your f**king heart out, who cares if SISU have transgressed because they're trying to make amends this season. If I could be there for every game, I'd bloody well be there - through all of it. Fickle is fickle, but come on, add a voice to the CCFC faithful and make a difference.

Thus ends my dramatic, fist-pumping diatribe.
I wasn't having a pop at anybody who lives away like you and I never would. I live in Coventry and have local access to games so I can go easily,but obviously it must be difficult if you're so far away financially and sorting out travel etc. My two pals live in the city and earn good money but won't go anymore not because of SISU but they don't like League One football,nor do I but if we all had that attitude nobody would turn up !

chiefdave

Not everyone can attend every game, doesn't mean they aren't a fan. I think what we're referring to here are the ones who are staying away out of choice and the ones who only turn up when we get a 'big' game.

Rather than having a go at them we need to find a way to get them to start turning up as often as possible. As TM keeps telling us, bigger crowds will help increase the playing budget.

Astute

Completely understand; am in similar circs on limited income, but I can get to most games in the NW but sadly not to the Ricoh.

I might be able to help.

Wigan is about halfway on my journey to Coventry. I don't normally do midweek games because of work and sorting the kids out in the morning when not at work. I am working the next 6 weekends also. Also going to Cornwall for the new year as it is my little brothers 40th :p But otherwise will be getting some games in. Can pick you up and we can go to a home game if you like. Wigan is about the halfway point to Coventry for me.

bringbackrattles

I might be able to help.

Wigan is about halfway on my journey to Coventry. I don't normally do midweek games because of work and sorting the kids out in the morning when not at work. I am working the next 6 weekends also. Also going to Cornwall for the new year as it is my little brothers 40th :p But otherwise will be getting some games in. Can pick you up and we can go to a home game if you like. Wigan is about the halfway point to Coventry for me.
Now I've upset you I've fucked my lift up to an away game now !

Astute

Now I've upset you I've fucked my lift up to an away game now !

Like I said not upset or anything. It is just that everyone has different circumstances. I might not be able to get a game in for the next 6 weeks. Back at work in the morning....5:30am to 5:30pm. If I traveled to Coventry straight from work I would get there to hear the final whistle if the traffic is good. Then if I turned straight around I would be back for 2am......then back at work for 5:30am. I finish work Saturday morning 5:30am. By the time I get home and have a little sleep I would be very lucky to be in Coventry by 3pm.

I go to most games in my bus. So if I go alone I have 6 empty seats. I like the space and comfort for long journeys. It holds 7 adults with lots of space and comfort. Always happy to give anyone a lift.

torchomatic

Can't or won't? That's the difference. If they can't then fair enough. However, if they won't, then that's different.

georgehudson

as we seem to be exceeding the required 11,000 for each game at the ricoh, i'd hope that TM would get ALL of that extra income for use in the playing budget

matesx

cant really complain tbf, club seem to have supported TM and MV pretty well so far

mechaishida

cant really complain tbf, club seem to have supported TM and MV pretty well so far

My point exactly, so those who WON'T start supporting the team again (as torchomatic stated) can't fall back on the old 'oh but SISU...' bullshit anymore. Our pride as a club is returning, so should the stay-aways.

georgehudson

not a complaint, it's just that SW made the point earlier on this season, & it's not too much to expect them to stick to their word, or is it ?

Astute

not a complaint, it's just that SW made the point earlier on this season, & it's not too much to expect them to stick to their word, or is it ?

Have you taken any notice on what has happened with our club for a lot of years now?

Richardson...never believed a word he said. I can't remember a time he let me down by being truthful.

AL or anyone from CCC. I never believe a word they say and wait to see what happens. They are all politicians after all.

SW, TF or anyone from SISU.......they only care about money and will tell us what they want us to hear. You would be mental to believe what they say.

Supporters.....there are so many different things said and different opinions that you can take it with a pinch of salt.

The only word I am worried about at the moment is the one between SISU and TM. It looks like we are going places with TM. SISU should know this. So I hope they keep to whatever they agreed with to get him to sign up again.

mechaishida

Have you taken any notice on what has happened with our club for a lot of years now?

Richardson...never believed a word he said. I can't remember a time he let me down by being truthful.

AL or anyone from CCC. I never believe a word they say and wait to see what happens. They are all politicians after all.

SW, TF or anyone from SISU.......they only care about money and will tell us what they want us to hear. You would be mental to believe what they say.

Supporters.....there are so many different things said and different opinions that you can take it with a pinch of salt.

The only word I am worried about at the moment is the one between SISU and TM. It looks like we are going places with TM. SISU should know this. So I hope they keep to whatever they agreed with to get him to sign up again.

There's a lot of logic in what you say, and I too felt this way up until recently; it's difficult to trust SISU and rightly so. I don't trust them per say, however it seems they've gambled financially on TM and his squad in the hope of attaining promotion and covering the outlay.

If we don't go up...hmm...should we expect liquidation?

Mr T - Sukka!

This Real fans thing pops up every now and again and its a bit silly to be honest.

I remember one year going into a JPT game against Sheffield United and there was a bit of queue to get in (like most night games.)
And some fat twat was shouting "get out of the way glory hunters let the real fans in" going into Block 15/16. I was with a few non CCFC fans and they said with fans like that its no wonder you have been poor for years they will put off any non CCFC fans just going to watch a game of football.

And in any case There was about 10k there that night, the normal regular crowd.

So this guy looked a right tit, everyone was saying what a dick. It was a normal JPT crowd hardly 32k. Glory hunters early round of the JPT i have heard it all now.

This is the type of instance where fans think they are better than others and it was said on here Super fans. Head stuck up there arse.

Me i go to loads of games, but would never slag off anyone if they only turn up for the so called "big" games.

It would be far more disturbing if no fans turned up at big occasions, if anything its a bonus to know these people still give a shit! And should CCFC be successful the backing would be there.

Johhny Blue

I could not care less what anybody says about true fans, I've been to two home and two away games this season as I am one of those who have to book a hotel for the night while watching any home games. I was there during the JH days and before so I'm to old to argue about true fans etc, Anybody who supports Cov to me whether they go to matches or not, (could live the other side of the world) are true fans.

Thank you from Canada. Let's all sing together..............

SlowerThanPlatt

@KieranCrowley1: Queues already at the @RicohArena ticket office and we've already sold as many as we usually would for a Saturday fixture. Maybe 14k. #PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread