Toblerone (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Now that the shock of Donald Trump's election victory is fading, how about this other great shock:
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37909035
And this is just one example of how what you buy is no longer what it used to be.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

Not that fussed on them! Surprised ASDA / Tesco etc haven't brought out their own versions. Don't think I have ever bought a Toblerone, only Xmas!

stupot07

I bought one the other week and was miffed they had made it smaller. Its not even like you'd sit And eat a whole toblerone in one go like you might with a Snickers, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I bought one the other week and was miffed they had made it smaller. Its not even like you'd sit And eat a whole toblerone in one go like you might with a Snickers, etc.

Really? not even with a pint of milk???

stupot07

Far too sickly to eat in one go!! I like it with a nice cup of tea and let it melt in my mouth....yummy!

Its probably my favourite type of chocolate.

chiefdave

Coconut Boost? What!!!! Coconut Boost? What? When? Where? Why wasn't I told of their existence?
I'm going to say late 80's. Think they were the first ones, then they added a peanut one and then the one we have now. Coconut ones were amazing.

Edit - everything you never wanted to know about Boost
Boost was launched in 1985 as a tough coconut and caramel bar coated in chocolate. It was then relaunched in a further two variants: a peanutversion with peanut butter (yellow wrapper) and a biscuit version. The coconut version is no longer available. The peanut variant is now called a Starbar. Starbar originally existed before peanut Boost but was taken off the market and rebranded. Then they changed their mind and rebranded it as Starbar again. The biscuit version is now the standard Boost bar. A further version was launched in the UK in 2002[1] with a green wrapper: this contained guarana; was marketed alongside the biscuit Boost; and advertised with the slogan "Boost Guarana: One Step Ahead". However, this was eventually discontinued.

Nick

Administrator
I have tried the guarana ones.

Never felt awake from them, just like the Caramel.

Do like a Starbar too, never knew they were related though.

Covstu

It's like Christmas, the chocolate tins (now tubs) have massively decreased in size!

Captain Dart

dion-b10.jpg

bringbackrattles

On the subject of chocolate bars. Remember Aztec bars ? Popular in the 60's and more recently Fuse bars were nice,but they disappeared.

Astute

On the subject of chocolate bars. Remember Aztec bars ? Popular in the 60's and more recently Fuse bars were nice,but they disappeared.
Not surprised that Fuse bars disappeared. It is the crap bars of chocolate that stay where you put them.

Gazolba

This is one of my favourites. It's made in Mexico. Not sure if you can get it in the UK.
It's chocolate covered marshmallow and strawberry. 1.2oz now, used to be 1.5 oz.
Bubu-Lubu.jpg

dancers lance

I'm glad they have shrunk the size of Toblerones, it has always been the chocolate bar of whinging twats who don't really like chocolate. Get a proper bar down you like a Lindt 80% and stop screeching you small bits of nougat loving, gap racist nancy boys!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

Wrong Stu! Ha ha! I bloody LOVE Toblerones and buy one most weeks from Pound Stretchers. A quid for a bloody huge one! Usually Saturday evening on way home from footie. Set meself up for the evening. Doesn't help my diabetes though, but fuck it, you only live once! ;)

Houchens Head

Ah yes! Aztec bars. Happy shoplifting days as a kid. "Aztec this and Aztec that!

Houchens Head

I'm glad they have shrunk the size of Toblerones, it has always been the chocolate bar of whinging twats who don't really like chocolate. Get a proper bar down you like a Lindt 80% and stop screeching you small bits of nougat loving, gap racist nancy boys!
Lindt??? FFS! If there's a Nancy-boy's chocolate bar, then THAT'S it! Lindt! Ha ha!

Houchens Head

Bring back Spangles! Especially the "Old English" ones!
Back in the day when "Gay" meant brightly coloured! ;)

spangles.jpg

Gazolba

Bring back Spangles! Especially the "Old English" ones!
Back in the day when "Gay" meant brightly coloured! ;)

View attachment 5952
I remember the old English ones! A mixture of weird flavours. Butterscotch and Humbug were two I think. What were the other flavours?

Last edited:

dancers lance

Lindt??? FFS! If there's a Nancy-boy's chocolate bar, then THAT'S it! Lindt! Ha ha!
Well I'm not the one mincing about with a thickly ridged 12 incher hanging from my chops am I?

lifeskyblue

Spangles...lovely. My grandma and grandad bought my sister and I a packet most weeks when we were kids in the 60s. Happy memories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread