Today was a disaster (2 Viewers)

Otis

Made me smile as two come past us with a pint in each hand - no probs - was only disappointed with the display - DKE at right back was a no no
It's clear opposition teams see him as a weakness.

Shame we haven't got a young academy player ready to make the step up.

Can Hyam play there? Has he ever done so before?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I get why people aren’t a fan of non-regulars coming up and not making a contribution but taking away the 90 minutes, it’s days like today that are the way we’re going to get people on board. We can’t have a trip to Wembley every few months to get the masses back.

I think the club has done a lot to alienate itself from the people of Coventry (not going to use the S word) so days like today help to rebuild that relationship with the community.

Bit of a shame people didn’t turn up that asked for free tickets but I suppose that’s always going to happen and those seats would of been empty anyway.

Mcbean

It's clear opposition teams see him as a weakness.

Shame we haven't got a young academy player ready to make the step up.

Can Hyam play there? Has he ever done so before?
Should have moved Willis and put Hiam in the middle Half time

bringbackrattles

I thought the atmosphere was a bit flat. But to be honest I'd rather have 7,000 City hardcore fans there, but it was a good idea/gesture by the club. But at half-time watching many heading out was a downer, don't they know watching Cov City is hard work !

Legia Sky Blue

The atmosphere was largely flat because of the awful game on show. That match in front of 7,000 would have been awful with every cat call heard by the players on the pitch. Not surprised at the half time walk out either given the free tickets were aimed at very young kids with short attention spans & low boredom thresholds. I imagine the many plaintiff cries of 'Dad, can we go now?', once half time came.

Londonccfcfan

Today could, and should have been a good idea.

It wasn't.

Firstly, the fanzone was poorly planned. One bar selling alcohol was clearly not enough. Took me 25 minutes to get a £4.30 pint. On top of that, there wasn't as much for the kids to do as I thought there would be.

Secondly, more than half of the people with free tickets didn't turn up. Both stands behind the goal were half full. People clearly ordered 6 tickets on the basis that they may go. The fact that there was free parking today (albeit not directly at the ground) added to the very disappointing effort from those who couldn't be arsed.

Thirdly, the atmosphere was rubbish before, during and after the game. It was clear from minute one that the majority of people around me had never been before. Not even an attempt to join in with the atmosphere. The difference between today's '28,000' with the 10,000 against Stoke was incredible. Every supporter made an effort that day. In fact, the atmosphere at most league games this season were better than today.

Fourthly, the team were awful. We've been poor most of the season, but today was possibly the worst. Silly mistakes, offered nothing going forward and defensively a mess. Once we went 1-0 down it was clear we were not going to get anything from the game. A day where you could have attracted a few more supporters to come back for the important run in, couldn't have gone any worse. I can't see any of those 'new' fans wanting to return in a couple of weeks.

Finally, the scoreboard displaying the lyrics to the Coventry song. Truly embarrassing. We are Coventry City, we are better than that. That's something our good egg-chasing insect friends would do. Part of the experience of becoming a football fan as a kid is learning the songs off your parents, or picking it up overtime. Alongside the 'text a sub' idea as the most tinpot thing the club has ever done.

Bring on Colchester and Brighton standing alongside supporters who actually want to be there to back the team and club.

Complete and utter bollocks you talk.

Yes it was far from perfect. But well done for the volunteers that tried to make it a special for all the young sky blues by putting their time and effort in for the club.

My son enjoyed it, purely because it was different. Made a change.

Yes agree long queues etc. But it all comes down expectations. You make can make anything seem as good as bad os you like. Yes of course it can improved. I for one as long as most persons I could see were fairly happy. If nothing else it was away from cold and rain.

The biggest disappointment was on the pitch. Worst performance of the season in front of

12k Coventry fans
500 Accrington fans
The other 10 k in attendance were big 6 premier league team fans.

That was disasterous.

Londonccfcfan

Atmosphere I commented on earlier on last week, there is never a correlation between size of crowd and atmosphere. Huge mysnomer.

pusbccfc

Complete and utter bollocks you talk.

Yes it was far from perfect. But well done for the volunteers that tried to make it a special for all the young sky blues by putting their time and effort in for the club.

My son enjoyed it, purely because it was different. Made a change.

Yes agree long queues etc. But it all comes down expectations. You make can make anything seem as good as bad os you like. Yes of course it can improved. I for one as long as most persons I could see were fairly happy. If nothing else it was away from cold and rain.

The biggest disappointment was on the pitch. Worst performance of the season in front of

12k Coventry fans
500 Accrington fans
The other 10 k in attendance were big 6 premier league team fans.

That was disasterous.

Looks like you didn't read the post at all.

I'm not slating the club and the people who worked hard for it. It was a good idea, but I bet the club were disappointed with the actual turnout yesterday.

It was rough around the edges, as I said. The atmosphere was awful. We played awful which is likely to turn people away in the future.

On the basis that you think there were just 12,000 Coventry fans (which you are probably correct) adds to the disappointment. Considering all the hype around people not getting tickets in recent weeks, it's a bit frustrating to see people not turn up.

pusbccfc

The atmosphere was largely flat because of the awful game on show. That match in front of 7,000 would have been awful with every cat call heard by the players on the pitch. Not surprised at the half time walk out either given the free tickets were aimed at very young kids with short attention spans & low boredom thresholds. I imagine the many plaintiff cries of 'Dad, can we go now?', once half time came.

You're correct, but the atmosphere before the game was poor. The rendition of PUSB was worse than a normal league game.

I stood in Singers Corner as I usually do and it was actually quite tense between the usual supporters and those who were clearly day trippers.

Users who are viewing this thread