todays game and thoughts (1 Viewer)

skybrew

Got to say it I'm a skyblue fan through and through but after being at Sheffield today I've seen how low this club has fallen from grace teams like Sheffield United can beat us is a reality check Coventry is the the 10th biggest city in England for god sake, I look at teams like Bournemouth (where I lived for 2 years)who I admire as an example of a small town showing the so called bigger city clubs how an underdog can overcome

For next season hope Coventry city can take a leaf out of Bournemouths book and play and sustain a football club with its roots and community spirit and Coventry city play with in its city walls pusb til next season ctid

Ian1779

To be fair Bristol is the 6th biggest city I think, and one of it's teams just went out of the Football League.

wingy

To be fair Bristol is the 6th biggest city I think, and one of it's teams just went out of the Football League.

And the other lot were SP***ing £25M. a season trying to stay in the league above ,yet still could'nt maintain It.

skybrew

but that's my point Bournemouth cant be on a massive player budget and they ended up 10th in the championship and a only capacity of 10000 , so is it there manager gets the best out of there players etc , but if we were back at the richo that would all change we can live in hope I suppose

The Prefect

Got to say it I'm a skyblue fan through and through but after being at Sheffield today I've seen how low this club has fallen from grace teams like Sheffield United can beat us is a reality check Coventry is the the 10th biggest city in England for god sake, I look at teams like Bournemouth (where I lived for 2 years)who I admire as an example of a small town showing the so called bigger city clubs how an underdog can overcome

For next season hope Coventry city can take a leaf out of Bournemouth's book and play and sustain a football club with its roots and community spirit and Coventry city play with in its city walls pusb til next season ctid

I always look for Bournemouth's results. My lad played for Bristol City and Bournemouth so I like to see both clubs do well.

A great community club it is good to see Bournemouth going great guns. Eases the pain of looking for our results.

Having a wealthy Russian owner that is willing to invests helps Bournemouth a lot. Their owners are the opposite to ours in every way..

I always look for Bournemouth's results. My lad played for Bristol City and Bournemouth so I like to see both clubs do well.

A great community club it is good to see Bournemouth going great guns. Eases the pain of looking for our results.

Having a wealthy Russian owner that is willing to invests helps Bournemouth a lot. Their owners are the opposite to ours in every way..

As I now live in Southampton(used to live in earlsdon) I am also impressed with Bournemouth,s results and focussed ambitions under Eddie Howe.I went to last seasons game when City visited Dean Court and foolishly thought we were on to something when City ran out worthy winners--but then we had Leon Clarke in the team.I am also consciuos that SHITSU tried to buy Saints beffore they eventually moved into CCCFC and look what a disaster they have created.The club is on life support and is no more than collateral damage in the pursuit for distressed assets.Cant pretend I am optimistic about our future.

johnwillomagic

We still should be ok next season but sheff utd in terms of fan base, crowd, ground are a far bigger club than us so not really a surprise we lost to them.
I think they'll win league 1 at a canter under Nigel Clough. However teams coming down from championship smaller sides and teams coming up are not big either.

Cannot see why if we have no points deduction a top 12 finish cannot be targeted anything less is a failure in my eyes no matter what happens to the squad in meantime.

JimmyHillsbeard

Got to say it I'm a skyblue fan through and through but after being at Sheffield today I've seen how low this club has fallen from grace teams like Sheffield United can beat us is a reality check Coventry is the the 10th biggest city in England for god sake, ctid

Teams like Sheffield United?

Your argument makes no sense. Sheffield is the 4th largest City in England!

Sheffield Utd have played in 4 FA Cup semi finals since we last played at Wembley, have been in the Premier league since we were relegated from it, and have a higher average attendance than us for every year since 2001 when they were in a division lower than us (they average 3k less in the first division than we did in the Prem, when they were in the Prem and us in the Championship they averaged over 10k more than ).

They are palpably a bigger club than us and to be outraged that they might beat us is just deluded.

skybrew

Deluded

Sheffield Utd have played in 4 FA Cup semi finals since we last played at Wembley, have been in the Premier league since we were relegated from it, and have a higher average attendance than us for every year since 2001 when they were in a division lower than us (they average 3k less in the first division than we did in the Prem, when they were in the Prem and us in the Championship they averaged over 10k more than ).

They are palpably a bigger club than us and to be outraged that they might beat us is just deluded.

Deluded how about Coventry being one of the longest serving clubs in the top flight until we got relegated

Sheffield United never they were shit for most of the season near bottom of the table for most of it ,I can understand Sheffield Wednesday maybe but Sheffield United shouldn't wipe are boots
But as I said this how low are club have sunk with our owners at the helm

I honestly fear for our future cause liquidation could be in the skyblue horizon

JimmyHillsbeard

Deluded how about Coventry being one of the longest serving clubs in the top flight until we got relegated

Sheffield United never they were shit for most of the season near bottom of the table for most of it ,I can understand Sheffield Wednesday maybe but Sheffield United shouldn't wipe are boots
But as I said this how low are club have sunk with our owners at the helm

I honestly fear for our future cause liquidation could be in the skyblue horizon

They were the favourites for promotion before a ball was kicked. They had a dreadful start, sacked the manager and improved. If our season was good until January, theirs was exceptional afterwards.

Beat two (or was it three) prem clubs on the way to an FA Cup semi final vs hull that they only narrowly lost.

In the league they were in the relegation zone at the end if January. They finished seventh.

Hercules

Spot on. I came away thinking what the frig are they doing in the third division? 20K crowd in a decent stadium a stone's throw from the City Centre - we'd kill for that.

Users who are viewing this thread