Tonights phone in (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
You're just trying to throw Wasps morality into the mix now to confuse the argument. I have never tried to justify their stance and I won't start now. What's on record is that the stadium was sold after Fisher told the world and his wife he was moving on. Whether Wasps, a circus or a huge Primark moved in thereafter is an irrelevance. Fisher spunked it and any hatred of what came after is fankly laughable

Not really, it was just on the topic of bullshitting statements ;)

Surely people wouldn't have so much of an issue if it was turned into a big Primark or if Cov Rugby moved there?

Wheelfass

I just don't get the Wasps sycophants. I'm not one who hates easily, I'm far to mellow in my old age to go around expending energy unnecessarily, but Wasps? Hate them with a passion. Every time I see one of their 'supporters' swaggering around town my fists curl up into a ball and I have to stop to catch my breath.

I should probably ease up. Last home game I walked into the toilets with my lad to see that all the Wasps posters had been ripped up and stuffed in the urinals. My lad duly switched troughs in order that he could piss over one of said posters. I should have said something, but it was actually a proud moment.

Stupid happy-clappy minority sport anyway.

Rant over.
Heh heh, excellent post and fair play to your lad. He'll go far:)

theferret

What an idiotic post, on so many fronts. The council sold the stadium to Wasps a year after Fisher claimed he had another sites sorted; and all you have is hatred, hatred, hatred. You're proud your lad pissed over vandalised posters in a stadium the football club are tenants within? And I'm sure you'd be equally critical of the Wasps management if they told Fisher they didn't want football fans around defacing the stadium, eh?

What can I say, I'm a bad father. But if it makes you feel better, I would have taken the same course of non-intervention had it been a picture of Tim Fisher. Discrimination is a bad thing. Still a bad father though.

Nick

Administrator
Again, I note you don't want to comment on two more pertinent issues here. Firstly, that Fisher threw away the Ricoh, and that what's left is now being vandalised

I was just comparing the bullshit statements you referenced.

A poster in the urinal?

Could be worse.

jimmy.jpg

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I was just comparing the bullshit statements you referenced.

A poster in the urinal?

Could be worse.

jimmy.jpg
Still don't want to face up to Fisher blowing the stadium bit eh? Prefer to concentrate on the easy shots? Yeah; I can understand why. Especially now that you've - finally - had to admit you can't believe a word the fella says, yet you've got nothing for hatred for the parties who stood no chance negotiating with such a character...

theferret

You're just trying to throw Wasps morality into the mix now to confuse the argument. I have never tried to justify their stance and I won't start now. What's on record is that the stadium was sold after Fisher told the world and his wife he was moving on. Whether Wasps, a circus or a huge Primark moved in thereafter is an irrelevance. Fisher spunked it and any hatred of what came after is fankly laughable

What argument? There is no argument. It was just a throwaway post about hating Wasps (which I do, at least those 'supporters' who suddenly discovered a sense of allegiance to a sporting franchise they had no ties to whatsoever).

Tim Fisher? Yep, hate him too (perhaps I should reevaluate the 'not hating thing'), but not sure why you brought that up. His role in the Ricoh disaster is a matter of documented fact and not disputed. You're arguing with nobody and getting all precious over nothing.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

What can I say, I'm a bad father. But if it makes you feel better, I would have taken the same course of non-intervention had it been a picture of Tim Fisher. Discrimination is a bad thing. Still a bad father though.

Wasps fans make your fists form and you seemingly laud your lad behaving like that? I'm not judging you as a bad Dad. I'm just judging you as a twat

Nick

Administrator
Still don't want to face up to Fisher blowing the stadium bit eh? Prefer to concentrate on the easy shots? Yeah; I can understand why. Especially now that you've - finally - had to admit you can't believe a word the fella says, yet you've got nothing for hatred for the parties who stood no chance negotiating with such a character...

Have a look through the posts, you know years ago when I called bullshit on the stadium?

It's hardly an easy shot is it? Somebody said they didn't like Wasps being here, you fly in for a change about it, I pointed out some of their bullshit and you say that the moral stuff is irrelevant.

Do you really think people would dislike like they do for Wasps if it was Primark or Cov Rugby?

You got all uptight about a poster being in the urinal, I showed you another example.

It's up there with Italia.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

That article about the stadium is just disastrous isn't it? What a clown Fisher is
I agree. If anything makes my blood boil it's that. Read it twice and just wonder why we are where we are. It's right there in black and white. And the ultimate irony? The article is written by that 'award winning journalist' Les bloody Reid. You couldn't make it up

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Have a look through the posts, you know years ago when I called bullshit on the stadium?

It's hardly an easy shot is it? Somebody said they didn't like Wasps being here, you fly in for a change about it, I pointed out some of their bullshit and you say that the moral stuff is irrelevant.

Do you really think people would dislike like they do for Wasps if it was Primark or Cov Rugby?

You got all uptight about a poster being in the urinal, I showed you another example.

It's up there with Italia.

Wait there, so you're saying Fisher bullshitted on the stadium negotiations and - as you posted the other day - you can't believe a word he says?

theferret

Anyhow, whatever happened to the MMM from the old GMK days? Eloquent, funny, insightful and mischievous? What a fucked-up, bitter bunch we have become (myself included).

The only one that seems unchanged by it all is Otis. A beacon in a sea of misery :(

Nick

Administrator
Wait there, so you're saying Fisher bullshitted on the stadium negotiations and - as you posted the other day - you can't believe a word he says?
I said the new stadium was bullshit years ago.

Still, interesting how you target threads. Quick, somebody says something about wasps, tell them it's fisher but can't mention wasps bullshit or morals?

Still know people at wasps?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I said the new stadium was bullshit years ago.

Still, interesting how you target threads. Quick, somebody says something about wasps, tell them it's fisher but can't mention wasps bullshit or morals?

Still know people at wasps?

Again, you side step the real point. Where and when I post isn't a big issue in the bigger picture.

What I'm driving you toward, and what you won't face up to without changing the issue; is that you now admit Fisher bullshitted in the stadium negotiations; and you've also stated be seems incapable of telling the truth.

My question being - how can you expect any of the other parties in his whole sorry mess - be that ACL, Higgs or CCC to negotiate successfully with a character who behaves as you've admitted he did? Seriously, how can you negotiate with a party without candour?

And seriously, and please don't avoid this yet again, when you read back at the Telegraph article I kindly posted for you; what do you think?

Nick

Administrator
Again, you side step the real point. Where and when I post isn't a big issue in the bigger picture.

What I'm driving you toward, and what you won't face up to without changing the issue; is that you now admit Fisher bullshitted in the stadium negotiations; and you've also stated be seems incapable of telling the truth.

My question being - how can you expect any of the other parties in his whole sorry mess - be that ACL, Higgs or CCC to negotiate successfully with a character who behaves as you've admitted he did? Seriously, how can you negotiate with a party without candour?

And seriously, and please don't avoid this yet again, when you read back at the Telegraph article I kindly posted for you; what do you think?

But you are side stepping the original point about a dislike of wasps to make it about Fisher?

You have avoided all of my points and like you say, tried to drive it to be about Fisher in reply to somebody disliking Wasps. My original points were very much relevant that you avoided.

Very strange. To be expected though, it's what makes wasps job so easy.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Anyhow, whatever happened to the MMM from the old GMK days? Eloquent, funny, insightful and mischievous? What a fucked-up, bitter bunch we have become (myself included).

The only one that seems unchanged by it all is Otis. A beacon in a sea of misery :(

Divide and conquer has divided and.... urhm... conquered us all. We're all embittered over this issue.

I kinda resent the 'you only post when it's Wasps' angle; as you'll know from GMK days and even before, I'm a passionate City fan. Now, I have to be awfully honest here, and admit that football at the bottom end of the third tier doesn't interest me. Does that make me bad? Maybe so. But I'm being honest.

As such, I have little enthusiasm to get, well, enthused about nowadays. The only is the way the Ricoh deal was blown; and that does still succeed in getting me excitable. The stadium should be the home of Coventry City - I can be no more clear than that - but I personally blame one man, and one man alone for it not being so

Nick

Administrator
Divide and conquer has divided and.... urhm... conquered us all. We're all embittered over this issue.

I kinda resent the 'you only post when it's Wasps' angle; as you'll know from GMK days and even before, I'm a passionate City fan. Now, I have to be awfully honest here, and admit that football at the bottom end of the third tier doesn't interest me. Does that make me bad? Maybe so. But I'm being honest.

As such, I have little enthusiasm to get, well, enthused about nowadays. The only is the way the Ricoh deal was blown; and that does still succeed in getting me excitable. The stadium should be the home of Coventry City - I can be no more clear than that - but I personally blame one man, and one man alone for it not being so
You have just openly.said you have seen somebody dislike wasps and try and drive it to be about Fisher?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

But you are side stepping the original point about a dislike of wasps to make it about Fisher?

You have avoided all of my points and like you say, tried to drive it to be about Fisher in reply to somebody disliking Wasps. My original points were very much relevant that you avoided.

Very strange. To be expected though, it's what makes wasps job so easy.

Okay, given you've moved the debate yet again - despite a specific request you didn't do so - I can see you'll never face up to the areas you still refuse to see

Mary_Mungo_Midge

You have just openly.said you have seen somebody dislike wasps and try and drive it to be about Fisher?

The point I made is that I can't understand what I see to be an irrational hatred of Wasps as Fisher is the real culprit. It's not a hard one to follow, for Christ's sake

Nick

Administrator
Okay, given you've moved the debate yet again - despite a specific request you didn't do so - I can see you'll never face up to the areas you still refuse to see
No, it's you trying to move the debate away from somebody disliking wasps. You have just said so yourself?

Nick

Administrator
The point I made is that I can't understand what I see to be an irrational hatred of Wasps as Fisher is the real culprit. It's not a hard one to follow, for Christ's sake
Of course, what are your links with wasps? Maybe that's why you don't understand.

Still, like you say, drive it away from wasps to Fisher ;) then people will get rared up about Fisher and away it goes.

All of your posts on here for the past couple of months have been about him, apart from the one about wasps loaning cov rugby some players.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Of course, what are your links with wasps? Maybe that's why you don't understand.

Still, like you say, drive it away from wasps to Fisher ;) then people will get rared up about Fisher and away it goes.
It's a thread that stated about tonight's phone-in, Nick; FFS. When someone moves it to be an anti-Wasps diatribe, you're happily dancing around it like Rumplestilskin. But when anyone dares to mention Fisher might be the real culprit, you're as aloof as a Frenchman who's had his lunchtime cut short. Your myopia is tiresome

Nick

Administrator
It's a thread that stated about tonight's phone-in, Nick; FFS. When someone moves it to be an anti-Wasps diatribe, you're happily dancing around it like Rumplestilskin. But when anyone dares to mention Fisher might be the real culprit, you're as aloof as a Frenchman who's had his lunchtime cut short. Your myopia is tiresome

And why was it about wasps?

Sorry, could I see straight through what you were trying to do? Not that you didn't make it blatant.

Nick

Administrator
And I could see straight through the fact you wouldn't answer straight questions asked of you. You don't. Ever
Maybe you should look past the Fisher and wasps threads then?

Not a peep about the new manager etc, flying in when somebody mentions disliking wasps to make it all about Fisher.

Must have been the straight answer about you having links with wasps?. My straight answer is no links at all with sisu, Fisher or anybody like that.

theferret

The point is, surely, that having a strong dislike - or hatred - for Wasps (and its followers) does not somehow suggest that an attempt is being made to deflect blame away from the culprits who allowed things to play out the way they did. This needn't have become another debate about SISU, because no attempt to shift responsibility was made. It is perfectly possible hold both SISU and Wasps in contempt simultaneously - albeit for very different reasons.

A mischievous, almost tongue-in-cheek remark about Wasps was made, nothing more, nothing less. I do dislike them, immensely - for many reasons. I don't like what they did - I have nothing but disdain for the franchise model in sport, and I do not like the way they operate. Make no apologies for that - but of course the truth is the opportunity for them to be here at all should never have arisen. That's beyond question, so what are we arguing about exactly?

Nick

Administrator
The point is, surely, that having a strong dislike - or hatred - for Wasps (and its followers) does not somehow suggest that an attempt is being made to deflect blame away from the culprits who allowed things to play out the way they did. This needn't have become another debate about SISU, because no attempt to shift responsibility was made. It is perfectly possible hold both SISU and Wasps in contempt simultaneously - albeit for very different reasons.

A mischievous, almost tongue-in-cheek remark about Wasps was made, nothing more, nothing less. I do dislike them, immensely - for many reasons. I don't like what they did - I have nothing but disdain for the franchise model in sport, and I do not like the way they operate. Make no apologies for that - but of course the truth is the opportunity for them to be here at all should never have arisen. That's beyond question, so what are we arguing about exactly?
Because you didn't just say it was Fisher. As I said that got ignored, people wouldn't have the same dislike for a primark or cov rugby moving there as they do for wasps.

Otis

You know, as much as I like Nick, he does seem to have caught a touch of Grendelitis.

You both make valid points, Nick and MMM.

I know you think it it deflecting and changing the emphasis, Nick, but MMM is saying the person to blame in all this for Wasps being here is Tim Fisher.

All quite straightforward. Think you are both arguing on different points. :)

Nick

Administrator
You know, as much as I like Nick, he does seem to have caught a touch of Grendelitis.

You both make valid points, Nick and MMM.

I know you think it it deflecting and changing the emphasis, Nick, but MMM is saying the person to blame in all this for Wasps being here is Tim Fisher.

All quite straightforward. Think you are both arguing on different points. :)

So why is the person who said something about wasps a bit confused?

Bob latchford seems to dislike wasps but I doubt it means he likes Fisher.

Like I said, it's gone from somebody off the cuff saying they dislike them to a full on "you must blame Fisher". He has also said he was trying to drive it that way ;)

Why is that grendelesque?

Last edited:

ccfc92

What argument? There is no argument. It was just a throwaway post about hating Wasps (which I do, at least those 'supporters' who suddenly discovered a sense of allegiance to a sporting franchise they had no ties to whatsoever).

Tim Fisher? Yep, hate him too (perhaps I should reevaluate the 'not hating thing'), but not sure why you brought that up. His role in the Ricoh disaster is a matter of documented fact and not disputed. You're arguing with nobody and getting all precious over nothing.

It's like people who are born and bred in London, yet "support" Man U etc.

I suppose the only difference is they actually go to Wasps games.

Mind you, if Man U were desperate enough to give away 10's of thousands of free tickets, I'm sure London Man U "fans" would too.

Otis

So why is the person who said something about wasps a bit confused?

Like I said, it's gone from somebody off the cuff saying they dislike them to a full on "you must blame Fisher". He has also said he was trying to drive it that way ;)

Why is that grendelesque?
I just mean in terms of the arguing and arguing relentlessly over a number of pages. That's all I mean re Grendelitis.

There are so many confusing things on here of late.

I like both Ferret and MMM. Remember them fondly from GMK.

I think passions are getting the better of people right now. Things have never looked so gloomy at the club and it's all getting fraught.

I do notice there is an awful lot of trying to pin people down to EXACTLY what they mean lately. ;) People looking for 100% confirmation of what they mean word for word when perhaps there is indeed some greyness to the argument.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread