Tonights phone in (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccfc92

I just mean in terms of the arguing and arguing relentlessly over a number of pages. That's all I mean re Grendelitis.

There are so many confusing things on here of late.

I like both Ferret and MMM. Remember them fondly from GMK.

I think passions are getting the better of people right now. Things have never looked so gloomy at the club and it's all getting fraught.

I do notice there is an awful lot of trying to pin people down to EXACTLY what they mean lately. ;) People looking for 100% confirmation of what they mean word for word when perhaps there is indeed some greyness to the argument.

:)

Best stance? All parties are a bunch of douche bags, with only SISU to direct us to a new dawn.

With that thought, Happy New Year :)

Nick

Administrator
I just mean in terms of the arguing and arguing relentlessly over a number of pages. That's all I mean re Grendelitis.

There are so many confusing things on here of late.

I like both Ferret and MMM. Remember them fondly from GMK.

I think passions are getting the better of people right now. Things have never looked so gloomy at the club and it's all getting fraught.

I do notice there is an awful lot of trying to pin people down to EXACTLY what they mean lately. ;) People looking for 100% confirmation of what they mean word for word when perhaps there is indeed some greyness to the argument.

:)

And I can explain my point in any of them in detail and explain it if you want?

Does somebody randomly saying they dislike wasps and then somebody who only bothers posting about Fisher or wasps getting straight on to say it's all fishers fault not seem strange to you?

I pointed out that there is other bullshit and made relevant points but as he said he wanted to drive it to be about Fisher.

That's not confusing is it? It's not as if theferret was saying who was to blame and going down that road, he just said he didn't like them and straight away it's no, blame Fisher.

theferret

But it was the council that sold the stadium to wasps !!!

Just when the thread was starting to reach its natural conclusion ;)

To clarify.

1. We all hate SISU - that's pretty much universal.
2. Some of us hate Wasps - but that hatred is several notches below the level of hatred reserved for those referenced in point 1 and is partly based on reasons not directly related to the demise of CCFC (just so it is clear we are not directly blaming them for that).
3. Some of us hate pies, especially those served up by Compass minions and which contain far less meat than a pie labelled as a 'meat' pie should.
4. I've lost the will to live.
5. See you at Peterborough tomorrow :)

cloughie

Still don't want to face up to Fisher blowing the stadium bit eh? Prefer to concentrate on the easy shots? Yeah; I can understand why. Especially now that you've - finally - had to admit you can't believe a word the fella says, yet you've got nothing for hatred for the parties who stood no chance negotiating with such a character...

Yes he can't answer but has also not noticed the growing resentment towards his constant arguing any point to try and be right,
and then wonders why Otis says he is grendullistic

ccfc92

I was just comparing the bullshit statements you referenced.

A poster in the urinal?

Could be worse.

jimmy.jpg

That's actually made me nearly vomit.

ccfc92

Just when the thread was starting to reach its natural conclusion ;)

To clarify.

1. We all hate SISU - that's pretty much universal.
2. Some of us hate Wasps - but that hatred is several notches below the level of hatred reserved for those referenced in point 1 and is partly based on reasons not directly related to the demise of CCFC (just so it is clear we are not directly blaming them for that).
3. Some of us hate pies, especially those served up by Compass minions and which contain far less meat than a pie labelled as a 'meat' pie should.
4. I've lost the will to live.
5. See you at Peterborough tomorrow :)

If you could make this post a sticky Nick....

65204481.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Yes he can't answer but has also not noticed the growing resentment towards his constant arguing any point to try and be right,
and then wonders why Otis says he is grendullistic
I can't answer what?

To be fair, couldn't give a shit if anybody has resentment for me arguing my point.

All it confirms is how what mmm did seems to work well as it's how wasps play it, but some fail to notice it at all because they saw the words Tim Fisher and forgot about anything else, it's hilarious.

Otis

I do think some people are also forgetting, though we are now all saying we can't believe a word Fisher is saying, the 'mark my words, we are going to Northampton' was completely true.

The bottom line is and it is all quite simple when you break it down, yes, the council shouldn't have sold to Wasps, but at the same time we were getting endless 'that boat has sailed' statements from Fisher and that we would NOT be coming back to the Ricoh.

Therefore you CAN understand why the council sold it.

I know, I know, all very simplified, but what has happened previously is not helping us move forwards with where we are today and it is our future that needs focusing on.

I don't know why we are still arguing about the council and Wasps. I am not at all happy that Wasps are here, but here they are. And yes, the council shouldn't have sold to Wasps, but they did and that's the end of it.

If we could channel half of this argumentative nature as to what proportion of blame should attributed to who and put that into trying to find a way forwards we might actually get somewhere!

The supporters of this club need to be as one more than ever.

Don't know why we keep trying to justify who is the most to blame in all this. It's done.

We now need to save our club and try and find a solution to take us forwards, be that a deal at the Ricoh, the Butts or a new stadium.

And here endeth the lesson.

cloughie

I can't answer what?

To be fair, couldn't give a shit if anybody has resentment for me arguing my point.

All it confirms is how what mmm did seems to work well as it's how wasps play it, but some fail to notice it at all because they saw the words Tim Fisher and forgot about anything else, it's hilarious.

Still in denial i see

ccfc92

What an idiotic post, on so many fronts. The council sold the stadium to Wasps a year after Fisher claimed he had another sites sorted; and all you have is hatred, hatred, hatred. You're proud your lad pissed over vandalised posters in a stadium the football club are tenants within? And I'm sure you'd be equally critical of the Wasps management if they told Fisher they didn't want football fans around defacing the stadium, eh?

Tim Fisher says Coventry City are closing in on deal for new stadium site

Whilst I agree with this part, Wasps should never have moved here. Then CCC and Fisher/SISU/Whoever could play their game of chess until they eventually realise a successful CCFC will benefit all involved. For CCC, more tourism, public transport, just money being spent IN Coventry in general so results in more public funds etc available.

Regarding the poster, who cares about a bit of paper ripped off the wall? Fair play to the lad I say.

Nick

Administrator
I do think some people are also forgetting, though we are now all saying we can't believe a word Fisher is saying, the 'mark my words, we are going to Northampton' was completely true.

The bottom line is and it is all quite simple when you break it down, yes, the council shouldn't have sold to Wasps, but at the same time we were getting endless 'that boat has sailed' statements from Fisher and that we would NOT be coming back to the Ricoh.

I know, I know, all very simplified, but what has happened previously is not helping us move forwards with where we are today and it is our future that needs focusing on.

I don't know why we are still arguing about the council and Wasps. I am not at all happy that Wasps are here, but here they are. And yes, the council shouldn't have sold to Wasps, but they did and that's the end of it.

If we could channel half of this argumentative nature as to what proportion of blame should attributed to who and put that into trying to find a way forwards we might actually get somewhere!

Don't know why we keep trying to justify who is the most to blame in all this. It's done.

We now need to save our club and try and find a solution to take us forwards, be that a deal at the Ricoh, the Butts or a new stadium.

And all of that because somebody said they disliked wasps and his lad weed ok a poster that was in the urinal ;)

he didn't justify anything about blame, just said he didn't like them.

Nick

Administrator
Still in denial i see
Denial about what?

The half sentence replies are really being busted out recently. You could try and explain a bit more, then people wonder why others ask what they are talking about or "arguing" because of others throwing in the one liners like this?

Can't really moan if somebody replies to posts like this where you don't actually say anything but have a dig can you?

Last edited:

ccfc92

I'd agree with this and I'd challenge anyone to argue it.

"Our past may shape us, but it doesn't define who we become"

ccfc92

And all of that because somebody said they disliked wasps and his lad weed ok a poster that was in the urinal ;)

he didn't justify anything about blame, just said he didn't like them.

It's lucky it was just a wee ;)

georgehudson

Why the fuck are the FA/FL not doing anything,
because to me, imho, these are unfit owners on the basis of;
1. Dereliction of Duty (letting the club slide into obscurity)
2. Duty of care to Customers (fans, born out of spite JS, a woman scorned)
3. Willful neglect(selling off any high earners, & asking jnrs to do their job)
4. Employing persons totally unsuitable for the jobs they occupy (Clouting, Igwe, Labowic, etc.,)
5. The chairman actually hates the fans (as per his tirades & insinuations)
please leave, you are not wanted

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Denial about what?

The half sentence replies are really being busted out recently. You could try and explain a bit more, then people wonder why others ask what they are talking about or "arguing" because of others throwing in the one liners like this?
But rich that, Nick; you decry someone for not giving you enough detail to answer a question posed; within one page of blatantly sidestepping a direct question posed with the request 'please don't sidestep this'. Are you sure you aren't Fisher?

Nick

Administrator
Why the fuck are the FA/FL not doing anything,
because to me, imho, these are unfit owners on the basis of;
1. Dereliction of Duty (letting the club slide into obscurity)
2. Duty of care to Customers (fans, born out of spite JS, a woman scorned)
3. Willful neglect(selling off any high earners, & asking jnrs to do their job)
4. Employing persons totally unsuitable for the jobs they occupy (Clouting, Igwe, Labowic, etc.,)
5. The chairman actually hates the fans (as per his tirades & insinuations)
please leave, you are not wanted

And this is what happens ;) and as if by magic, who is it that dislikes anybody other than sisu again?

Yet it anybody points out that post has nothing at all to do with the thread, not even slightly they are being like grendel. Couldn't make it up.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Whilst I agree with this part, Wasps should never have moved here. Then CCC and Fisher/SISU/Whoever could play their game of chess until they eventually realise a successful CCFC will benefit all involved. For CCC, more tourism, public transport, just money being spent IN Coventry in general so results in more public funds etc available.

Regarding the poster, who cares about a bit of paper ripped off the wall? Fair play to the lad I say.
Sorry - I can't agree with you there. I've posted here the article from The Telegraph that shows Fisher saying he's got a number of sites and he's off. The article can be no more clear. Do you then expect the council/ACL to do nothing? You expect them not to court other partners to fill the void Fisher tells the reader he's set to make?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

And this is what happens ;) and as if by magic, who is it that dislikes anybody other than sisu again?

Yet it anybody points out that post has nothing at all to do with the thread, not even slightly they are being like grendel. Couldn't make it up.
The thread started about the phone in Nick. You don't deride the poster who made it anti-Wasps, but you climb all over the one who offers a counter view, saying it's moved away from the original spirit of the thread? Do you really believe what you're typing any more?

Nick

Administrator
But rich that, Nick; you decry someone for not giving you enough detail to answer a question posed; within one page of blatantly sidestepping a direct question posed with the request 'please don't sidestep this'. Are you sure you aren't Fisher?

That's predictable.

I decried the fact he didn't make a point.

As I pointed out, weren't you the one who side stepped the points made about why people dislike wasps to keep pushing it to be about Fisher?

Still, you can throw in the "Are you Fisher" line to really get people going.

Do you still have the links with wasps?

ccfc92

Sorry - I can't agree with you there. I've posted here the article from The Telegraph that shows Fisher saying he's got a number of sites and he's off. The article can be no more clear. Do you then expect the council/ACL to do nothing? You expect them not to court other partners to fill the void Fisher tells the reader he's set to make?

110% agree MMM, no arguments there.

But when CCFC returned, could CCC have said no to Wasps?

Just see how it went, rather than sell out to Wasps at a pitiful price?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

That's predictable.

I decried the fact he didn't make a point.

As I pointed out, weren't you the one who side stepped the points made about why people dislike wasps to keep pushing it to be about Fisher?

Still, you can throw in the "Are you Fisher" line to really get people going.

Do you still have the links with wasps?

I've never denied the links I have with Wasps. I've been totally open about them from the word go. What - again - you fail to notice is that elsewhere in this thread I've also posted that the Ricoh should be the rightful home of CCFC. Read back. It's there. But you'll ignore it. Sigh...

olderskyblue

You know, as much as I like Nick, he does seem to have caught a touch of Grendelitis.

You noticed that too? At one stage last week, I did wonder if they were the same person. On and on and on and on.... Patronising exactly how Grendel does...

Have they ever been seen together?? :-;

theferret

The counter argument to that was always that Fisher is a compulsive liar - except when people choose to believe him - like they did over his empty threat to move, which was very convenient for some.

I get your point. My view on it has always been that at the very least, when the club moved back from Northampton, they could have taken a step back and took their time a bit more. At that point, the club was a more attractive proposition to a buyer (possibly, who knows). They could have stalled for a time to see what transpired, it was hardly the deal of the century with Wasps in any case - it was sold on the cheap. It was almost as though they rushed it through.

Old ground that there is little point going over now I guess.

dongonzalos

Not really, it was just on the topic of bullshitting statements ;)

Surely people wouldn't have so much of an issue if it was turned into a big Primark or if Cov Rugby moved there?

If it was perceived as hurting CCFC
Whoever it was would be hated.
Ironically the biggest damage from was caused from within.

Nick

Administrator
I've never denied the links I have with Wasps. I've been totally open about them from the word go. What - again - you fail to notice is that elsewhere in this thread I've also posted that the Ricoh should be the rightful home of CCFC. Read back. It's there. But you'll ignore it. Sigh...

You do realise that storming into a thread where somebody said they dislike Wasps like you did to drive it to be about Fisher doesn't look less obvious because you put a caveat in there to say it should be the home of CCFC?

It isn't an issue with it being about Fisher, there is post after post on here with people slating him. It's the way that something as little as somebody dislikes them gets you jumping in with that, which is a bit blatant isn't it? I can understand if it was another discussion about blame, whos fault etc but he just said he disliked them.

Nick

Administrator
When the legals are finally, finally over, I'll post more; but in essence Wasps never thought they stood a chance with the Ricoh. The deal was done quickly. Key people could believe a word Fisher was saying. They're the bare bones.

The council -despite their bullish statements - knew they had a huge white elephant on their hands if the football club left. They had zero confidence in Fisher and Wasps gave them a sudden and unexpected 'out'. The rest is history.

I state 'Fisher' here, but he's a puppet. All sides know this

Why can't you post with the legals going on?

ccfc92

When the legals are finally, finally over, I'll post more; but in essence Wasps never thought they stood a chance with the Ricoh. The deal was done quickly. Key people could believe a word Fisher was saying. They're the bare bones.

The council -despite their bullish statements - knew they had a huge white elephant on their hands if the football club left. They had zero confidence in Fisher and Wasps gave them a sudden and unexpected 'out'. The rest is history.

I state 'Fisher' here, but he's a puppet. All sides know this

I await a reply in 10,000 years after JR4Million :)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

You do realise that storming into a thread where somebody said they dislike Wasps like you did to drive it to be about Fisher doesn't look less obvious because you put a caveat in there to say it should be the home of CCFC?

It isn't an issue with it being about Fisher, there is post after post on here with people slating him. It's the way that something as little as somebody dislikes them gets you jumping in with that, which is a bit blatant isn't it? I can understand if it was another discussion about blame, whos fault etc but he just said he disliked them.

It's like this. There's a bloke who has an affair, tells people he's got loads of women chasing him and that he's leaving. He then leaves. His Mrs then latterly takes up with another man not within the acquaintance of the wife when the cheating husband is messing about.

Now, this is a metaphor. The cheating husband is Fisher and the SISU politics. The wife is the Ricoh. The new gent on the scene is Wasps.

If then, latterly, someone says they hate the new fella, and someone points out he wouldn't he on the scene if the husband hadn't been messing about - surely that's pertinent?

What you're trying to do is to say that the new fella can be derided, but there's no connection between his presence and the original husband. And there manifestly is

Nick

Administrator
It's like this. There's a bloke who has an affair, tells people he's got loads of women chasing him and that he's leaving. He then leaves. His Mrs then latterly takes up with another man not within the acquaintance of the wife when the cheating husband is messing about.

Now, this is a metaphor. The cheating husband is Fisher and the SISU politics. The wife is the Ricoh. The new gent on the scene is Wasps.

If then, latterly, someone says they hate the new fella, and someone points out he wouldn't he on the scene if the husband hadn't been messing about - surely that's pertinent?

What you're trying to do is to say that the new fella can be derided, but there's no connection between his presence and the original husband. And there manifestly is

Do you mean after Wasps had just told his girlfriend he was moving locally to them? What about when it turns out that the new gent wasnt here for the wife, he actually just wanted the house and the wife was a bolt on? Let's not forget the wife is a community asset that people demanded got protection in case the husband mortgaged against her house, the one her new gent instantly did?

The bloke said he disliked Wasps, he wasn't writing a full on essay about how they were to blame for everything and anything which is when I could understand the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread