Too Good To Go (1 Viewer)

Otis

Anyone else used the app?

Well worth it if anyone doesn't know of it and great for anyone with little money or on a tight budget.

Screenshot_2023-12-07-18-01-20-46_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Used it three times before and just did a Greggs one now. Fabulous value.

For £2.59 we got ..... a pack of 4 sausage rolls, a pack of 4 jam donuts, a ham and cheese baguette, a mature cheese and salad baguette, 2 chocolate orange muffins and a pain au chocolat.

That is the best we have had so far, but we have always found the bags well worth it. We did a M&S one once and that was very good too.

Just a heads up to anyone who isn't aware really.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah have used it a few times. Sometimes get really good stuff from Starbucks.

Some places have cottoned on and take the piss though and in reality it's not worth the price.

Otis

Some places have cottoned on and take the piss though and in reality it's not worth the price.
Okay, we haven't had that

I think the M&S one was about £4 and we got loads. Must have been at least £15 or £16's worth.

Covkid1968#

Well worth it if anyone doesn't know of it and great for anyone with little money or on a tight budget.

View attachment 32709

For £2.59 we got ..... a pack of 4 sausage rolls, a pack of 4 jam donuts, a ham and cheese baguette, a mature cheese and salad baguette, 2 chocolate orange muffins and a pain au chocolat.

That is the best we have had so far, but we have always found the bags well worth it. We did a M&S one once and that was very good too.

Bloody hell… how’s the diet going Otis . Hope you removed the salad from that baguette 😂

Nick

Administrator
Okay, we haven't had that

I think the M&S one was about £4 and we got loads. Must have been at least £15 or £16's worth.

That sounds like a good one!

Also had a harvester, was half a chicken and they just said go fill a bowl from salad bar!

wingy

As I've mentioned before you don't have to spend big to survive on a bag of donuts at the supermarket,can really cut the costs that way and tuck some away, money terms and your belly?

SkyBlueSoul

I haven't used it in a while but I got on it pretty early about 4 years ago and they definitely hadn't cottoned on, was a god send during my masters.

There was a little sandwich/coffee place near MediaCity so I'd work through the day then go just before they closed. I assume I was the only person who went via the app because the guy running it would unload everything he hadn't sold. This lot cost about £3, should have been ~£50. I became very popular with my housemates!

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-08 at 12.39.11_4f8d4c78.jpg

Nick

Administrator
I haven't used it in a while but I got on it pretty early about 4 years ago and they definitely hadn't cottoned on, was a god send during my masters.

There was a little sandwich/coffee place near MediaCity so I'd work through the day then go just before they closed. I assume I was the only person who went via the app because the guy running it would unload everything he hadn't sold. This lot cost about £3, should have been ~£50. I became very popular with my housemates!

View attachment 32715

That is a great haul!

fernandopartridge

View attachment 32715

I think that place has closed now (the one by Bupa building?). That Bean run a little cafe in the complex I work in and I think the restaurant at the ground floor, I might have a look it.

SkyBlueSoul

I think that place has closed now (the one by Bupa building?). That Bean run a little cafe in the complex I work in and I think the restaurant at the ground floor, I might have a look it.

Might be the one where you work. It was Bean coffee in Salford Quays, little pop up set up just inside the building on the ground floor.

Kneeza

View attachment 32709

Do they deliver?

😉

napolimp

View attachment 32709

It's a great app. Morrisons used to be good but their bags are now shit. Don't use it often but grab a vegetarian carvery from a Stonehouse every now and then, just over £2 I think and it's a full meal. I got a bag from the original Bakewell tart bakery in Bakewell once too, it had a ridiculous amount of stuff in it including a Bakewell tart - which cost more in-store than the cost of the bag.

Kneeza

It's a great app. Morrisons used to be good but their bags are now shit. Don't use it often but grab a vegetarian carvery from a Stonehouse every now and then, just over £2 I think and it's a full meal. I got a bag from the original Bakewell tart bakery in Bakewell once too, it had a ridiculous amount of stuff in it including a Bakewell tart - which cost more in-store than the cost of the bag.
A tart or a pudding? Very important difference 😉

Kneeza

My missus just tried it out of curiosity at Morrison's, not expecting much.
The bread is two days out, so that'll go into a bread and butter pudding or something. The diet cokes and crisp snack things will go to my daughter for her kids (don't touch the stuff) and the rest of it is fine for the three quid outlay.

Attachments

• 20231217_145731.jpg
    20231217_145731.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 49

Adge

My missus just tried it out of curiosity at Morrison's, not expecting much.
The bread is two days out, so that'll go into a bread and butter pudding or something. The diet cokes and crisp snack things will go to my daughter for her kids (don't touch the stuff) and the rest of it is fine for the three quid outlay.
Not bad-8 cans of coke alone would be the best part of £8 👍

Kneeza

Not bad-8 cans of coke alone would be the best part of £8 👍
Probably. Horrible stuff though, so I really wouldn't know. It's a pity it's not the 'full-fat' variety as at least that has a use as a de-rusting/cleaning soaker 😉

Kneeza

Well, she had a mammoth baking session yesterday. Made a Brown Betty (don't!) with the apricots, a lemon, and bread crumbs. Also a bread and butter pudding, and an Italian grape cake.
Should see us through for a while.
Three quid well spent (unless you factor in the ruinous gas prices 😉).
Still got that bleddy swede though. Might draw a face on it and call it Viktor.

Edit: Forgot - the tomatoes got roasted for soup-making while the oven was on, and the brocolli was used in our dinner...

napolimp

Well, she had a mammoth baking session yesterday. Made a Brown Betty (don't!) with the apricots, a lemon, and bread crumbs. Also a bread and butter pudding, and an Italian grape cake.
Should see us through for a while.
Three quid well spent (unless you factor in the ruinous gas prices 😉).
Still got that bleddy swede though. Might draw a face on it and call it Viktor.

Edit: Forgot - the tomatoes got roasted for soup-making while the oven was on, and the brocolli was used in our dinner...

Have you tried Swede mash? Throw in some salt, pepper, butter, a sprinkle of nutmeg - some double cream if you're looking for something extra luxurious. It's surprisingly good.

Kneeza

Just can't be doing with root veg. Something I was brought up with, but something I can do without now.
Same with rabbit. We bred them when I was a kid, and it was part of the staple diet. Can't stick it now

Otis

We had a Starbucks TGTG bag a couple of days ago. It was £4, but when we collected it, it ended up being only 3 items, so we were rather disappointed.

Can be hit and miss for sure.

Kneeza

Tonight.
Two bags again as they obviously don't have enough demand, so six-quid's worth.
We're not going to go short of cake, or paté...
The dragon just totted it up to about £39.50 at normal prices. Bleddy hell.

Attachments

• 1000006443-01.jpeg
    1000006443-01.jpeg
    451.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 1000006440-01.jpeg
    1000006440-01.jpeg
    429.5 KB · Views: 41

napolimp

Tonight.
Two bags again as they obviously don't have enough demand, so six-quid's worth.
We're not going to go short of cake, or paté...
The dragon just totted it up to about £39.50 at normal prices. Bleddy hell.

That's amazing, but what are you going to do with all that pate? Diabetics nightmare too.

Users who are viewing this thread