Top 100 Cov players of all time (3 Viewers)

Hobo

No Lee Carsley but Jordan Shipley??

Bristol sky blue

Whoever did this is on the wind-up, surely...

So much to sneer at - my biggest laughs (apart from no1 player spelt wrong) were Doyle at no.16 (I wouldn't have him in top 100 at all) and the obligatory mention of Carl Baker!

Hobo

Doyle, Atherton, Paul Williams and
Marcus Hall?

Jimmy Holmes was better than that lot added together.

Grendel

No mick coop after 400 top flight games but lee hurst and Kasey palmer (sorry Kacey Palmer) make the grade

fatso

Maybe, but I've never seen Pele play and would probably still put him in the top 100 footballers of all time. We can be influenced by the expectation of others. If he's read that TH was our best player enough times, he could believe it without ever seeing it with his own eyes.
Ernie Hunt and Reg Matthews are also included, so lord knows how the list was sorted,
and how can any player who never played for us in the top flight, be included in this list.

JulianDarbyFTW

Ernie Hunt and Reg Matthews are also included, so lord knows how the list was sorted,
and how can any player who never played for us in the top flight, be included in this list.
Fair point. I think I'll just assume the list was sorted by putting names in an old Quality Street tin and pulled out at random.

Legia Sky Blue

That is one bizarre list. If it is truly an all time list then surely pre war players like Bourton, Lauderdale and Mason would have to be included. So many players missing that ought to be there. Here's an XI of omitted players I've spotted :)

Sealey
Coop Barry Blockley Holmes
Blair Powell Gibson Carr
Gould Thompson

Even that isn't including others like Oakey, Holton, Emerson, Sedgley, Phillips and more recent players like Keogh, McGoldrick, Clarke and Walsh who were more influential and effective than the likes of Joe Cole, Steve Staunton and a few more on that list.

Calista

Too many ridiculous rankings and omissions to go through them all, but Hedman at 23rd vs Glazier at 56th is an interesting take 😂

Terry Gibson's perm

Is that t based on time here or over their career?

Dublin should be at least second I didn’t see Tommy H so can’t compare but Dublin is our most influential player since I started going in 83

Terry Gibson's perm

Terry Gibson 59 ffs this man is a lunatic. Ndlovu is far to low as well. Where is Robert Jarni😉 plus I can’t see one our longest standing players who may still be here Julian Gray.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Ian Wallace and Terry Gibson lagging a long way behind Quinn and Doyle

I can't see Barry Powell but I do see Cobi Jones

Yeah having Cobi Jones in there is a Joke.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Am I the only one who didn't rate Gary Mac.
I wouldn't say I didn't rate him, but I definitely feel he is/was thought or more highly than he deserved. He was no more than average for all but his last season and his set pieces were the same shite pretty much every time - floated to the near post.

Often his thinking was above that of his teammates and so stuff didn't come off, but at the same time you'd think a good player would end up realising this and adjust their play to compensate. Also, no fault of his but due to clear managerial tactics, the team pretty much always gave him the ball and teams were wise to it very quickly, so they just marked him out of the game knowing it was our outlet.

slowpoke

Too many ridiculous rankings and omissions to go through them all, but Hedman at 23rd vs Glazier at 56th is an interesting take 😂
I didn’t see that, Glazier was world class, if hadn’t broken his leg he would have been in the 66 World Cup winning squad, number two to Gordon Banks.

Martin180

David Speedie at 37 ? And to have league one and two players in that 100 is plain daft
Also Hamer at 7 ? He would struggle to make the top 10 best midfielders in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread