Top three performers (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Murphys gotta be the top performer for me! Never really rated him until this season. I stand by what I say though; hes not Championship level (or atleast not for a team who'd want to be competing up the top).

Bakers another one whos impressed this season. And again, have always said hes a league one player so it was only to be expected. But credit where its due, hes done well.

Third one is tricky. Christie has had an up and down season. Had some dodgy patches. Earlier in the season id have said Bailey, but more recently hes not really been himself. Guess id have to go with a joint third, if Clarke and McGoldrick. Their time with us makes up for one player so think thats allowed ;) without them it would have been a trickier season i think, and we've definitely been spoilt in getting hold of these two!

CJparker

David McG has to be on the list.

Murphy has been solid.

Baker has achieved the consistency in a lower division - he tried hard last year but is simply not a championship player.

Leon Clarke has has a somewhat abbreviated season - really liked him when he has played, but has played maybe a quarter of games? Hard to put him in the top 3 on that basis.

Bailey and Moussa have been impressive.

Nonleagueherewecome

Baker
McGoldrick/Leon Clarke
Murphy

slyblue57

really gud question one
murphy never rated him till this seaon right player right league heads and shoulders above the others this season .
baker never rated him either better every other two or three games this season again right league for him.
christie awful defender almost as bad as cameron thank fuck he s gone. going forward he s gud apart from the fact its one good cross in ten .
so murphy no 1
baker no 2 ish
leon clarke no 3 he does wat it says on the tin he scores goals
pusb

CCFCDan87

Don't get this Murphy is a league 1 keeper. Murphy on his day is championship quality with the right defence.. His downfall this season has been a defence in front of him which has been mixed and matched throughout the season.

Christie has been great this season and so has Moussa.

Dan Griffin

Can't see why everyones choosing leon instead of mcgoldrick, we ripped teams apart with mcgoldrick, what's our highest win with leon? Not a mocker, love leon, just mcgoldricks better

Mr B

1. Baker
2. Murphy
3. Clarke

I would put McGoldrick 4th as he has done wonders for us this season but still left and then Clarke had to come in and continue his scoring vein which he did.

My 'God' Grendal has asked me to post his top 3 and they are:

1. Joy Sepalla
2. Tim Fisher
3. Andy Thorn

If anyone disagrees you are not worthy and will be sent on a trip to the Wickerman!

pusbccfc

1. Baker - Leading scorer, leading the assists board.
2. Murphy - Been class, as he was last season.
3. Cyrus - Been the best player in 2013.

luwalla

Murphy
Mcgoldrick / Clarke
Baker

murphy has pulled off some great performances this season.. arguably his saves have been as pivotal in getting us to the age of the play offs & JPT as the goals scored by McGoldrick & Clarke.. who are joint second as they only had half a season each..had either of them had a full season here, they would have been number 1 for sure

Baker has put in some strong performances this season & his tally of goasl just takes him above Christie for me.. although, if christie plays consistently like he has in a lot of games, bombing down that wing, beating his man and getting the ball into the danger area, then he is destined for bigger things i think

Jimmy Hill's Chin

McGoldrick
Clarke (Leon)
Murphy

Honourable mentions to Baker, Bailey and Christie

Dishonourable mentions to Bell (aka Lord Lucan), McSheffrey, Ball and ROD.

djpalms23

I'd agree with the majority of the suggestions ... Goldie, Baker, Cyrus etc ... but i think Richard Wood has given 110% everytime he's played, he's had his moments with dodgey passing but he talks, leads and gets stuck in which is what we've needed in this league. Plus look at our defense now without him, not to clever at the minute.

pusbccfc

I'd agree with the majority of the suggestions ... Goldie, Baker, Cyrus etc ... but i think Richard Wood has given 110% everytime he's played, he's had his moments with dodgey passing but he talks, leads and gets stuck in which is what we've needed in this league. Plus look at our defense now without him, not to clever at the minute.

Gave away a lot of pens though.

djpalms23

2 pens to my mind against Bury and Scunny ... but if we're going to get picky how many chances has Leon missed (shrewsbury, Carlisle to name a few) and it took a while for Baker to get getting this season, if i remember correctly he had the same treatment that Mcshreffery is getting now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread