Torres - Pressure lifted (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Florent-Malouda-Fernando-Torres-Chelsea-Premi_2589059.jpg

Fernando Torres believes there is less pressure on him after he broke his goal duck for Chelsea.

The £50million man ended his 15-hour goal drought for club and country after scoring just eight minutes after coming off the bench in the 3-0 win against West Ham.

It sparked scenes of jubilation at a wet Stamford Bridge as the Spaniard was mobbed by team-mates.

He told ESPN:

"It was not the beginning I was expecting when I signed, but it's not easy to go in January or February.

Less pressure

"I kept working and it's thanks to all my team-mates that I scored. There's less pressure for me now, now I can enjoy it.

"The pitch was not the best to score the goal, but football is like this."

Torres insisted he had never got disheartened by the tough start to his Chelsea career, but admitted he owed the fans that goal.

"The fans have been very patient with me," he added. "I had more and more anxiety for them than for me.

"Hopefully this is the first of many."

Drogba happy

Didier Drogba, who came off for the Spaniard, was delighted he had scored.

The Ivorian said:

"I was in the changing room and I wanted to run and jump on as well.

"We know we have a great player here, next season is going to go well for him."

SkyBlue_Am

Saw the goal on match of day and Torres has to thank the water logged pitch as it assisted him to get rid of the defenders but still a tidy finish and then got an assist for a malouda cracker

Covstu

i for one was glad he scored, i hate chelsea but i rate torres and he had a lot of pressure on him for £50M. Not his fault that he was so highly rated, i hope he kicks on from this point.

Users who are viewing this thread