Tougher Sentences Needed (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Dog ate cat's body to survive after being abandoned by owner

Only got an 18 week sentence for this, what the fuck is wrong with some people the scummy C***

Tougher laws and sentences need to be introduced for animal cruelty as thats embarrassing!!!!!

Every week some one gets a non custodial for possessing indecent images of children.
18 weeks is draconian compared to that.
I agree it's not enough and treating an animal like that is is probably the first step towards doing something scummy to a person.

Astute

Don't get how 18 weeks (Well it will be 9) is acceptable!! People like her are the worst of the worst
Are they? Open your eyes to the present world. What I saw as worse was she wasn't banned for life for having pets.

But look at the system these days for crimes. Many get chance after chance. The judge knows that the person will be back very soon but they still do nothing. The world has gone mad. And they wonder why there is a crime epidemic.

Here is one from today. And they were released after less than 24 hours

Machete victim living in fear blasts police | Metro News

Last edited:

shmmeee

Evidence suggests the only way long sentences reduce crime is by taking men aged 18-35 off the streets. They don’t serve as a deterrent.

The justice system is fucked. Doesn’t rehabilitate, doesn’t have the confidence of the public. Needs a total rethink. That said most crime is a result of social issues. But that’s expensive and hard to fix.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Evidence suggests the only way long sentences reduce crime is by taking men aged 18-35 off the streets. They don’t serve as a deterrent.

The justice system is fucked. Doesn’t rehabilitate, doesn’t have the confidence of the public. Needs a total rethink. That said most crime is a result of social issues. But that’s expensive and hard to fix.

For me custodial should be to get those who are a danger to the public off the street. It's a big expense to the taxpayer to keep people who pose no physical threat to people and massively increases the risk of those committing small crimes becoming more entrenched in criminal activity from their time inside as it reduces their opportunities elsewhere and puts vulnerable people where criminals and extremists can influence them. With modern technology etc there is far more chance of people being able to continue criminal activity inside than before.

Fraudsters/thieves etc the penalty should be a multiplier of how much the fraud/amount stolen was worth, which can also be payable in terms of community service paid at a MW/LW rate. Most other offences should be community based with promise of care/training to prevent reoffending.

Not going to stop it but feel there's more reason for hope in this than 'lock 'em up'.

Sick Boy

What do people expect when public services are cut? It’s no good supporting those who have actively reduced funding and then demand tougher and longer sentences...guess what that needs? Yep, funding.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Trouble with sentencing is, prisons are over-run. They barely cope with the amount of cons they have at the moment. Giving them more to watch just ain't a viable option in some cases. But people who mis-treat ANY animal, I would love to meet up with. I wouldn't hold back either. I prefer animals to most humans. Even a mis-treated dog will still wag his tail when he sees his master. That's because they love humans. To mis-treat them has absolutely no place in society.

Last edited:

Gazolba

Society continually yo-yos between "there's too much crime, we need tougher sentences" and "there are too many people in jail, we need to be more selective who we put there".
In my opinion, life sentences should be eliminated and replaced by execution.
This would eliminate all the hardened criminals clogging up the jails and make room for the people who might be integrated back into society some day.
Of course, it will never happen.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Society continually yo-yos between "there's too much crime, we need tougher sentences" and "there are too many people in jail, we need to be more selective who we put there".
This would eliminate all the hardened criminals clogging up the jails and make room for the people who might be integrated back into society some day.

But what happens when you get a wrong prosecution? OK in the modern world you can get more secure convictions with DNA, but many cases are contested on circumstantial evidence.

Albert Pierrepoint (Britain's last executioner) said he didn't feel that what he did made an difference to crime, plus he hanged a few people who were later pardoned.

clint van damme

You are a cretin

shmmeee

Two wrongs don’t make a right is primary school level ethics.

Users who are viewing this thread