Transfer targets (24 Viewers)

Evo1883

Maybe if you chip in with Doug then we'll be able to afford him
Well we've just received a further 12 - 15 , we should be able to do business.

I expect wages would be an issue

Deity

Us Ipswich and Boro. Saying all want a loan though

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
By Alan Nixon

Nottingham Forest are fielding new loan inquiries for midfielder Lewis O’Brien - but no buyers are in yet.

Forest want a sale or a commitment to sign at the end of a loan for O’Brien who is back from the MLS.

Coventry, Ipswich and Middlesbrough have all asked about O’Brien. Leeds are also keen but none want to commit to an eventual purchase.

Forest may yet do the best deal available before the window shuts as O’Brien could be left out of their squad completely once again.

AFCCOVENTRY

By Alan Nixon

Nottingham Forest are fielding new loan inquiries for midfielder Lewis O’Brien - but no buyers are in yet.

Forest want a sale or a commitment to sign at the end of a loan for O’Brien who is back from the MLS.

Coventry, Ipswich and Middlesbrough have all asked about O’Brien. Leeds are also keen but none want to commit to an eventual purchase.

Forest may yet do the best deal available before the window shuts as O’Brien could be left out of their squad completely once again.

I can only see us going for a loan if we can’t get the Euro player.

pusbccfc

O'Brien is the one I've heard Robins really wants but £10m is what Forest want apparently.

PVA

O'brien is a really good player but wouldn't replace Hamer's goals.

Mind you I think it would be impossible to find another 10 goals and 10 assists midfielder within our budget.

Samo

Mind you I think it would be impossible to find another 10 goals and 10 assists midfielder within our budget.

Well yeah, and Hamer wasn't that player either until last season.

AFCCOVENTRY

If Robins spent the exact money we sold Hamer for , I’m pretty sure we could…

PVA

Well yeah, and Hamer wasn't that player either until last season.

No, but there's talk of forest wanting £10m for O'Brien.

I don't expect us to spend that much on a Hamer replacement, but if we did you'd be wanting 5-10 goals and assists for that sort of money

sneferu

Apparently he is on very high wages at Forest. Can't see him taking a pay cut to fit our wage structure.

Brighton Sky Blue

Apparently he is on very high wages at Forest. Can't see him taking a pay cut to fit our wage structure.
If he ever wants to play first team football he's going to either have to wait until his Forest contract expires, or accept a pay drop to the Championship.

Deity

I don’t see why anyone would commit £10 million of their future promotion spend on a player deemed not good enough to get in the Forest squad
I think this is the issue.

The obligation to buy based on promotion potentially puts you in the position Forest are now. That said, if he gets you promoted then it’s a high quality problem to have !

Kingokings204

I think this is the issue.

The obligation to buy based on promotion potentially puts you in the position Forest are now. That said, if he gets you promoted then it’s a high quality problem to have !

not good enough at forest. But he might be here.
Also even if promoted and we wanted rid then what’s losing 5m on him. Forest are being greedy wanting their money back really. He ain’t worth what they paid for him then as he hasn’t been playing .

CovLad94

I think with Howley moving out a midfielder is definitely coming in, MR was hesitant to let one out without one coming in, has to be the European midfielder, can't see O'brien coming here personally, would love him though.

slowpoke

Another name being linked on the transfer grapevine. Don’t know too much about him but I’ll be surprised if MR goes for him or is even interested. Premier players are expensive fee wise if under contract and certainly wage wise.

AFCCOVENTRY

Another name being linked on the transfer grapevine. Don’t know too much about him but I’ll be surprised if MR goes for him or is even interested. Premier players are expensive fee wise if under contract and certainly wage wise.

We need one in as a 22/23 year old we can develop into a major asset. I can’t see a loan coming in.

Alkhen

Got to get our signings done but it is really refreshing to be able to send out genuine prospects on loan again. It'll be so good for their careers.

Might be misremembering things but this last decade it has felt like bar goalkeepers only really young players or ones deemed not good enough have gotten loans.

PVA

Confused High Quality GIF

long way home

I cant see us getting O Brien, although Forest will be wiling to let him go, the deal they want will be too much. He is on a very lucrative long term deal so he may have some resistance in dropping salary also. He would be a really good signing, but just don't see it, but would be more than happy to be proved wrong.

We need 2 in, and we may see another 2 or 3 out by Friday. Seems a lot of movement but things can change quickly and 1 call could create a dimino effect within the club. Lets see what next few days bring but im sort of looking forward to it closing. And seeing who we have grow and develop as individuals that could form into a very good squad.

Saddlebrains

I would hope to see all 3 in that he wants this week but i feel for that to happen 1 needs to be in today

Still feel we need the CM, CB and ST

Unless he is going to play the box, then Wright Godden and Simms would suffice, until Jan anyway

If we don't get that striker in I think he will do just that

covcity4life

I would hope to see all 3 in that he wants this week but i feel for that to happen 1 needs to be in today

Unless he is going to play the box, then Wright Godden and Simms would suffice, until Jan anyway

Yeah 3 strikers ok if we return to the box

AFCCOVENTRY

At a minimum we the Gus replacement and another CB. The striker I suspect is going to be a bit more versatile as an attacking left sided player, which maybe Jan we go for. Prices will be inflated in the last few days on the transfer window now.

BlueSkiesForever

I don’t think Howley leaving on loan has anything to do with whether we’ll get a Hamer replacement, I hope we do but I don’t think it’s a surefire sign that we do. Howley would most likely have never played first team football this season and sending him out on loan gives him experience and also means we don’t need to pay his wages, it’s just a win-win for us and doesn’t necessarily mean that we now have to bring someone else in to replace him.

As much I want Doug to blow the money we’ve got to remember that he’s bought the club as a business and if he thinks that this is a long term project then he’s probably not too arsed if we don’t make it to the prem this year, especially as we’ve rebuilt the whole squad. He probably knows it’s going to take time and that we’re not going to be beating the likes of Leicester, Leeds, Southampton etc 100% of the time.
Realistically if we’re drawing 0-0 with Sunderland at home and creating very little chances then where are we going to end up this season, I’d be surprised if that isn’t currently going round Doug’s mind.

Users who are viewing this thread