Transfer targets (17 Viewers)

Sick Boy

If Hellas Verona get relegated this evening :confused:, the Scottish left back/lwb Josh Doig would be a great capture imo
@Sick Boy

Edit: I think there is already competition from other Serie A clubs.
Yeah he would be a great signing but as you said he’s more likely to stay in Serie A - I think at one point earlier this year he was linked with Inter.
Unfortunately the last minute goal last week means relegation is going to be very hard to avoid.

David O'Day

Steve Cook from forest could be a good shout -wages likely issue mind you.
To play where? In our current system the only role he could do is the one Fadz does.

We would need someone more mobile to play either side of him

Terry Gibson's perm

If we lose Hamer I would like to see us go after Lewis O’Brien at Forest and Nick will love him as he has just been suspended for serious foul play in the mls.

mmttww

Buchanan
Panzo
Da Silva

If the first two end up being signed to add to the last one, that's a good start. Shows some pattern to the recruitment. Still sh*t scared of how we'd replace Hamer or Vik, mind.

David O'Day

Buchanan
Panzo
Da Silva

If the first two end up being signed to add to the last one, that's a good start. Shows some pattern to the recruitment. Still sh*t scared of how we'd replace Hamer or Vik, mind.
Why do we want another lb?

slowpoke

He must know alot he's about to get relegated.

Henderson is better than him anyway

Also Celtic would smash man city right now let's be honest. Big ange!
Man City best eleven ? I’d give Celtic a goal start and still expect a win by a few goals.

David O'Day

Assuming Bidwell leaves, a 22 year old that MR and co. rate enough to sign permanently beats a 30 year old with limited ability in attack.
But Bidwell hasn't left and there are much more important positions for now

If Bidwell does leave we aren't likely to have to lwb like Buchanan and Da Silva, a 2nd left back more likely to be loan.

NorthernWisdom

Brilliant, really? I would reserve that word for Hamer and Gyokeres. People seem to be extreme about Bidwell either pro or against. In most games he played well but I thought a number of players beyond Hamer and Gyokeres were better, notably McFadzean, Doyle, Sheaf and McNally.
He was about the only defender who played well when McFadzean was out, where he was far better than Doyle during that period. McNally wasn't even here for half the season, and Sheaf has been up and down the season just gone IMO. I'd quite genuinely have Bidwell up there in the top five or six performers of the season as, yet again, he reaches the Championship playoffs with a team.

I mean, I get the argument that a) we might get a fee and b) it's an opportunity for someone younger who, with our finances, is maybe important to generate proper resale fees, but he really has been an excellent wing back for us, and I really don't get the haste to dismiss him.

Hertsccfc

He was about the only defender who played well when McFadzean was out, where he was far better than Doyle during that period. McNally wasn't even here for half the season, and Sheaf has been up and down the season just gone IMO. I'd quite genuinely have Bidwell up there in the top five or six performers of the season as, yet again, he reaches the Championship playoffs with a team.

I mean, I get the argument that a) we might get a fee and b) it's an opportunity for someone younger who, with our finances, is maybe important to generate proper resale fees, but he really has been an excellent wing back for us, and I really don't get the haste to dismiss him.
Fair enough. Don't see that myself.

Matt smith

Get 20 for vik

invest 10/12 of it, if we can sign Panzo I’d try getting BNC for another season for consistency and I reckon he’ll be much better next season and he’s not gonna get better than a championship loan

keep Gus and we can challenge next year

higgs

Get 20 for vik

invest 10/12 of it, if we can sign Panzo I’d try getting BNC for another season for consistency and I reckon he’ll be much better next season and he’s not gonna get better than a championship loan

Agreed bnc will we class next season after this seasons experience

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Perryccfc

Get 20 for vik

Interesting this. Getting 20 for Vik is all well and good. But in doing so you are removing 30 odd goal contributions. Gus is excellent, but he was helped by Vik being just as excellent, and vice versa.

20m would be amazing. But it leaves us with a huge issue up front, and despite keeping Gus, I think it’s a huge ask for us to be challenging next year.

Matt smith

Interesting this. Getting 20 for Vik is all well and good. But in doing so you are removing 30 odd goal contributions. Gus is excellent, but he was helped by Vik being just as excellent, and vice versa.

20m would be amazing. But it leaves us with a huge issue up front, and despite keeping Gus, I think it’s a huge ask for us to be challenging next year.
If we keep Gus we’ve got a very good chance of being up there if we replace vik adequately

MR will have been planning his replacement ever since last summer

He’ll buy 2 strikers with that money, or buy one and get one on loan

I would take jerry Yates to be fair

Last edited:

Skybluedownunder

that from Nixon?

strange given we’ve already signed a left back

We were apparently going to sell Bidwell in Jan to Birmingham and having two is ideal to compete with eachother. At 22 he would be a great prospect for the future and rotate the two, perfect signing really if we can sell Bidwell for as much as we buy Buchanan. This excites me if it happens. I was unsure of Da Silva so this means if he doesn’t deliver we have another solid option and we can use our loans in other places

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

One player I’d like to see us go after if we lose Hamer is Max Bird at Derby, plays similar positions to Hamer, CM, DM.

When Lampard got the Chelsea job there was even talks he wanted to bring him to Chelsea

Apparently we were linked to him last summer

One year left on his contract, could pick him up at a good price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread