Transfer targets (21 Viewers)

slowpoke

I think he’s been less convincing in recent matches.

He lacks pace in a 4 and his distribution isnt as good as I hoped it might be ….

maybe he will
Improve with more match time ….
Sending Binks back mid-season is a big risk unless we buy someone else in.
I get the feeling that we send him back and then either Thomas or Kitching get injured would be just our luck.

Evo1883

Sending Binks back mid-season is a big risk unless we buy someone else in.
I get the feeling that we send him back and then either Thomas or Kitching get injured would be just our luck.
We also have lati to cover CB if needed

JoeCCFCPUSB

Sakamoto didn’t he looked pretty ropey early on. Robins didn’t seem to want to push him and he showed signs of a good olayer. These last 8 games he’s been our best player amongst a team that also settled in. Interesting that you pulled Mitoma out of your pocket, I’d be interested to read your view on other Japanese players.
I have seen only a few players tbf, they all seem very similar in attributes. Very much nimble, agile, workhorses and very technical, i would love us to enter into that market and sign 1 or 2 more Japanese players. Simply because of the sheer work ethic these guys apply on the pitch, it's so refreshing to see.

AFCCOVENTRY

I have seen only a few players tbf, they all seem very similar in attributes. Very much nimble, agile, workhorses and very technical, i would love us to enter into that market and sign 1 or 2 more Japanese players. Simply because of the sheer work ethic these guys apply on the pitch, it's so refreshing to see.

Agree. We need to exploit the success of Tatsu with other hot prospects from the J-League.

mmttww

...it's the final third that I feel is our weakest link.

Think we've scored more than at the same point last season. A lot of those are the front three making them for each other.

Midfield needs sorting ahead of anything up top. Ideally two permanent signings. Kelly replacement and a proper no. 8.

Need cover up front, but we've got the first choice three and an OK back-up in Godden. A loan with some pace will do in Jan.

Evo1883

Think we've scored more than at the same point last season. A lot of those are the front three making them for each other.

Midfield needs sorting ahead of anything up top. Ideally two permanent signings. Kelly replacement and a proper no. 8.

Need cover up front, but we've got the first choice three and an OK back-up in Godden. A loan with some pace will do in Jan.
We've scored 11 more

shmmeee

Think the idea with Latibeaudiere is he covers CB RB and DM and allows us a slightly smaller squad. Think we need cover for Simms as Godden isn’t up to that role in this team, and cover for Wright and Sakamoto (possibly one player). Plus obviously the CM to play alongside Sheaf/Eccles.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

We dont need a Kelly replacement as thats what I believe Lati is, and Lati can also play RB and CB which is good, I think J.Burroughs will be MvE back up at RB next year, next year we need 3 forwards (1 to replace Godden, 1 that can play both wings, and a young forward that can play all over the front line with potential), 2 CB (one young and one more experienced between 26 and 29). And I believe this window we’ll sign an 8, CAM and ST

mmttww

People making good points re: Latibeaudiere. He's probably good enough to fill the role Kelly has over the last season and a half i.e. back-up behind Sheaf and Eccles. Leaves more in the coffers for a no. 8 and a loan or two up front.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Have to remember Vik might not leave and we have to replace O’Hare in the summer as well.

Mucca Mad Boys

Cannot see a CB at all

Why would we? We play 4 at the back, have Thomas, Kitching, Binks and Fadz

Meanwhile a gaping hole in the 8 role which has been there for months doesnt get filled? I dont buy it

Weren’t we pursing both Brekalo and Kitching towards the end of the window?

If we’re recruiting for the long turn, we will need a CB in the summer to replace McFadz and Binks. Whilst it’s not our most immediate need this window, if good players become available and at the right price, we’d be stupid not to pursue them.

mmttww

Weren’t we pursing both Brekalo and Kitching towards the end of the window?

If we’re recruiting for the long turn, we will need a CB in the summer to replace McFadz and Binks. Whilst it’s not our most immediate need this window, if good players become available and at the right price, we’d be stupid not to pursue them.
Yeah, good point. Like Liverpool have done with their front three and midfield. Grab players when they're available ahead of when current players might leave or fall from their peak. If we can afford a really good no. 8 and a CB doesn't jeopardise that, go for it!

shepardo01

Crystal Palace recall Luke Plange from loan at Carlisle.
One that a few on here wanted when Derby got relegated I think.....

Matt smith

Would like to see us go for Cameron brannagan from Oxford

Goalscoring and creative midfield player can play deeper or as an 8/10

probs cost us 3/4 I reckon

Users who are viewing this thread