Transfer targets (22 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Can anyone confirm how many we scored from corners over the last two seasons compared to now?
Less last season, I can't remember too many, we do win a lot of corners though this season (second highest in the league) so I suppose the measure is really how many goals from corners as a % of the number of corners season on season. Not sure where that data is.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Living in Orlando (Probably on a better salary) or living in Coventry.

Take off your rose-tinted glasses- of course anyone in their right mind would pick Orlando every single time😂😂
Why ? MLS clubs can offer good wages but you rarely see players pick it over England in their prime , players often see the championship as a bridge to the Premier league too .

the previous poster is correct

Evo1883

He did say potentially and potentially why not
The kid has come on leaps and bounds this season and if he keeps improving at the same rate its quite possible
I don't get the doubters on here sometimes , Eccles has been excellent this season and for me is getting better and better
If John fleck can play Premier league football then that surely gives many players hope eh

SBAndy

Can anyone confirm how many we scored from corners over the last two seasons compared to now?

Directly from corners (i.e. not second phase attacks) it looks like 5 in the league.
Less last season, I can't remember too many, we do win a lot of corners though this season (second highest in the league) so I suppose the measure is really how many goals from corners as a % of the number of corners season on season. Not sure where that data is.

This is a good point.

Frostie

I believe we have 6 goals from 180 corners (in the league).
So scoring from 3.3% of them which statistically is pretty good.

SBAndy

I felt like sheaf put some bangers in which caused problems , but we go straight back to josh when he's in

That’s probably the oddest thing - Sheaf’s corners have looked more threatening. I’d also wager that Eccles is more mobile in defence if he’s mopping up the risk of a quick break.

rexo87

That’s probably the oddest thing - Sheaf’s corners have looked more threatening. I’d also wager that Eccles is more mobile in defence if he’s mopping up the risk of a quick break.

I’d assume this is because Sheaf is pretty decent in the air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CovLad94

Eccles corners are like Todd Kanes crossing, 1 in 5 are excellent, the others dogshit. I do like Eccles his development has been a joy to see, still learning in the new creative role left empty with Gus' departure.

cstring82

44 appearances for Stoke last season and no significant injuries that I can find any mention of? He's made 230 odd senior appearances (most of them on his myriad of loan spells from Chelsea) and is only 28
I’m going on what I’ve been told by a Stoke fan, he made a few off the bench last year, always carrying knocks and strains, doesn’t complete games either.

Briles

Do we think styles might still be a shout? Given he knows Thomas and Kitching and plays in a position most believe needs strengthening?

TomRad85

Do we think styles might still be a shout? Given he knows Thomas and Kitching and plays in a position most believe needs strengthening?
He can cover multiple positions which is certainly useful.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BlueSkiesForever

I know that what we want and we’ll get are probably two very different things but I can’t help thinking we should be aiming a bit higher than the likes of Callum Styles, Langstaff, John Swift, etc etc. We’ve proven to be a top championship side that was one or two penalties away from the Prem.

Meanwhile the likes of Hull are signing Carvalho, alright he’s not amazing but he’s played alright in a number of games for Liverpool. If fucking Hull can sign a Liverpool loanee then there’s no reason we can’t sign someone of similar quality. All the main rumours going round are league 1 players, I get that we signed Kitching and Thomas from league 1 but I just think for that key CM spot where you’re relying on that one player to do well we need a bit of proven quality in the squad rather than hopefuls from Oxford or Wycombe etc.

Manchester_sky_blue

I know that what we want and we’ll get are probably two very different things but I can’t help thinking we should be aiming a bit higher than the likes of Callum Styles, Langstaff, John Swift, etc etc. We’ve proven to be a top championship side that was one or two penalties away from the Prem.

Meanwhile the likes of Hull are signing Carvalho, alright he’s not amazing but he’s played alright in a number of games for Liverpool. If fucking Hull can sign a Liverpool loanee then there’s no reason we can’t sign someone of similar quality. All the main rumours going round are league 1 players, I get that we signed Kitching and Thomas from league 1 but I just think for that key CM spot where you’re relying on that one player to do well we need a bit of proven quality in the squad rather than hopefuls from Oxford or Wycombe etc.
There's some logic in what you're saying but Hull aren't just signing Liverpool players, they are loaning a Liverpool player with a lot of baggage and a bad rep.

I'd also add that all of our recent success has come via lower league players stepping up or from largely unknown signings from abroad

TomRad85

Premier League loanees aren't always a surefire success, far from it actually. If the right one is available then I'm sure Robins is looking.
Ultimately good players come from all over, if there's a good young player in league 1 it's worth taking a look as they'll probably end up on the books of a Championship club as a much more valuable good young player. Also ownership of players is always preferable.

TomRad85

Looks like Hull now have 5 loan players and there's a chance they all start. Worth it if it comes off and you get promoted I suppose but it's no way to build a team long term.

fernandopartridge

I've got a feeling Hull's turkish owner is getting excited and Rosenior will be pushed into signing players he doesn't really want but owner perceives will help a promotion push.

Some on here were a bit dismissive of Wright scoring goals in the Turkish league, Kent hasn't even started a game in it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

End product often disappoints but I think he’ll be a good addition in the championship

I think he was born half man half dog. The way he can keep the ball and beat players is like that of a Jack Russell. However, he can't pass, cross, or shoot. In fact, he's so bad at those things it is actually astonishing. Never seen anything like it.

TomRad85

I've got a feeling Hull's turkish owner is getting excited and Rosenior will be pushed into signing players he doesn't really want but owner perceives will help a promotion push.

Some on here were a bit dismissive of Wright scoring goals in the Turkish league, Kent hasn't even started a game in it.
I think they actually tried to sign Wright didn't they?

Lee77

End product often disappoints but I think he’ll be a good addition in the championship
Wasn't interested in his last season at Rangers. Was talk of him going back there but the majority don't want him, another one with a seemingly bad attitude. Can't get a game in Turkey either. If he sorts himself out and gets his head down then yeah, possibly a good addition but I'd be disappointed if he came here.

JSL

Something has got to be announced soon. We must be in for someone given Ayari was let go early. Friday night just before the Leicester game would be a good time to announce something to raise the profile

Users who are viewing this thread