Transfer targets (12 Viewers)

Deity

But King told us that.

Doug King made it clear: additional money for transfers has to come from increased ticket sales. Or player sales.

There is no intent to invest more than that
That’s not actually what he said.

Deity

It shouldn't necessarily mean that the sequencing needs to be sell first then buy, otherwise what's different to when SISU were in charge?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
The difference ( hopefully ) is the proportion of the incoming fees that King will allocate back to the playing budget.

The other difference is the investment in the training pitches at Ryton from King himself that didn’t happen for over a decade under SISU.

shmmeee

King did say when he came in if the right player is there the money is there. You’d hope that if we’ve spotted another Gus or Vik we’d be able to jump on them, if not drop £4m on Yates or whoever.

Deity

King has built his businesses on the intelligent use of data to support business decisions. I suspect that the recruitment team will have to use data to a much higher degree than previously to explain their recommendations.

djr8369

I understand the anxiety over the lack of signings, especially when we need so many in. Don’t especially buy that it’s ‘too early’ either. In the League Two promotion season we signed 8 players before July 1st and in the League One promotion season we’d signed 10 by then. It would be nice to have at least 4 or 5 new faces in for the start of pre-season.
Any idea when those signing started? As others have said most of the footballing world seems to be on holiday still.

shmmeee

Two ways to look at it I guess. Maybe Dasilva is the only one lined up because the others cost a fee and who we go for depends on who goes. If Gus and Vik go we spend in every other position, if neither do we make do in most, and whatever in between.

The two big stories so far have been Viks transfer and Gus’ contract. If we can have those mostly sorted next week, I think you’d see us start to move pretty quickly.

Grendel

King has built his businesses on the intelligent use of data to support business decisions. I suspect that the recruitment team will have to use data to a much higher degree than previously to explain their recommendations.

What business? What data?

DrPoolittle

King did say when he came in if the right player is there the money is there. You’d hope that if we’ve spotted another Gus or Vik we’d be able to jump on them, if not drop £4m on Yates or whoever.

that’s certainly true but SISU did the same thing in signing Hamer and Gyokeres.
I would be surprised to see a £4 million signing unless the club has generated funds first

slowpoke

[QUOTE="HuckerbyDublinWhelan, post: 2785028, member: 8869
Two ways to look at it I guess. Maybe Dasilva is the only one lined up because the others cost a fee and who we go for depends on who goes. If Gus and Vik go we spend in every other position, if neither do we make do in most, and whatever in between.

The two big stories so far have been Viks transfer and Gus’ contract. If we can have those mostly sorted next week, I think you’d see us start to move pretty quickly.
[/QUOTE]
Don’t think there’s any doubt deals are lined up and in the pipeline, even the Vik & Hamer situation MR will have a good idea what’s happening. Could announcements be held back until STs go on general sale to give those sales a boost or push wouldn’t be surprised. Think this will be an interesting week, there’s not been that much activity anywhere.

SeaSeeEffCee

Any idea when those signing started? As others have said most of the footballing world seems to be on holiday still.
19/20:

McFadzean - 9th May
Dabo - June 5th
Allen - June 28th
Jobello - June 14th
Kastaneer - June 20th
Marosi - May 22nd
Pask - June 17th
Wilson - May 23rd

Didn’t include Rose who we signed on a pre-contract on Jan and Dan Bartlett.

17/18:
Biamou - June 27th
Doyle - May 12th
Hyam - May 24th
Kelly - May 22nd
McDonald - May 19th
McNulty - May 18th
O’Brien - May 24th
Vincenti - June 21st

djr8369

19/20:

McFadzean - 9th May
Dabo - June 5th
Allen - June 28th
Jobello - June 14th
Kastaneer - June 20th
Marosi - May 22nd
Pask - June 17th
Wilson - May 23rd

Didn’t include Rose who we signed on a pre-contract on Jan and Dan Bartlett.

17/18:
Biamou - June 27th
Doyle - May 12th
Hyam - May 24th
Kelly - May 22nd
McDonald - May 19th
McNulty - May 18th
O’Brien - May 24th
Vincenti - June 21st
Blimey. A lot in May and June then.

DrPoolittle

It shouldn't necessarily mean that the sequencing needs to be sell first then buy, otherwise what's different to when SISU were in charge?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
That’s true but given we all seem to have different interpretations of the new owner and his intent, then there will be an expectation management issue to consider

Fergusons_Beard

For god sake people have some patience.

Hardly anyone has been sold by the relegated Prem teams yet.

Their squads will be decimated.

I am sure Robins said a few years ago (about the transfer window) that it’s like a premier league domino effect.

Once one team goes and buys someone it triggers the next move etc.

And there’s now so many folks involved in actually getting a player over the line-agents etc

I think folks on here think that signing a player is just like Football Manager where you just push a button and bam the player is yours.

Of course Robins and his team have got targets and I am sure we’ve spoken to most of them.

Like others have said-judge us at the end of July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marty

Even Cov United are making signings! Absolute joke, time to go Dougie, time to go.

djr8369

For god sake people have some patience.

Hardly anyone has been sold by the relegated Prem teams yet.

Their squads will be decimated.

I am sure Robins said a few years ago (about the transfer window) that it’s like a premier league domino effect.

Once one team goes and buys someone it triggers the next move etc.

And there’s now so many folks involved in actually getting a player over the line-agents etc

I think folks on here think that signing a player is just like Football Manager where you just push a button and bam the player is yours.

Of course Robins and his team have got targets and I am sure we’ve spoken to most of them.

Like others have said-judge us at the end of July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
To be fair it’s a nightmare trying to get signings done in FM when playing as us.

hamil99

Facebook User
People cry when we don't sign players early in the transfer window, and they cry that we haven't done are due diligence when we sign the Kastaneers of this world.

We have a brand new recruitment team, that's still currently being built, give them more than a week in the market to get their targets lined up. It's almost like people want us to take random punt early just to complain when it doesn't work out..

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

People cry when we don't sign players early in the transfer window, and they cry that we haven't done are due diligence when we sign the Kastaneers of this world.

We have a brand new recruitment team, that's still currently being built, give them more than a week in the market to get their targets lined up. It's almost like people want us to take random punt early just to complain when it doesn't work out..
Did Badlan take the database or something?

we’d have had the targets lined up from January

Skybluedownunder

Ray Ranson was all for signing players at the end of July in order to not pay for players wages in the close season.

But for that small investment you miss on the best pickings, very narrow minded way of thinking especially when you are targeting free transfer players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

A company that employees under 50 people and has a turnover of £70 million - it’s not exactly Shell is it?

I know it’s just funny ey.

When you hear oil tycoon you think oh yeah cashed up, but when you are dealing in cooking oil you are bottom of the barrel.

Is his cooking oil even in all the shops in England? Has anyone ever seen his brands before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coop

Burnley just bought another centre halve that's now 8 so surely we have a chance of signing Mcnally would be a great signing.

long way home

This time of year its about being patient and trusting in Robbins and staff. We will have allsorts of names on boards or been in talks as well as agents calling us daily offering us players. I assume MR will be back at Ryton Monday with players doing testing by the end of the week. Calm before the storm, we will be busy, i have no doubt about that, lots of gaps to fill.

Last edited:

CovLad94

Burnley just bought another centre halve that's now 8 so surely we have a chance of signing Mcnally would be a great signing.
Or CJ Egan-Riley who had signed terms and medical with us until he decided on Burnley last min

CovLis86

Or CJ Egan-Riley who had signed terms and medical with us until he decided on Burnley last min
I'd prefer the guy who knows the setup and coaching staff style etc. Hope Burnley don't play silly buggers and only let us have him in a Vik combo.

baldy

This time of year its about being patient and trusting in Robbins and staff. We will have allsorts of names on boards or been in talks as well as agents calling us daily offering us players. I assume MR will be back at Ryton Monday with players doing testing by the end of the week. Calm before the storm, we will be busy, i have no doubt about that, lots of gaps to fill.

*Robins

San Francisco

I'm still hoping we can nudge McNally to come and sign for us. I've heard that Burnley have signed several defenders so though he wants to challenge for a place in their first team I just can't see that happening. A move here would be much better for his career unless he only cares about the money.

Users who are viewing this thread