Transfer targets (13 Viewers)

cooperskyblue

Anyone would read this forum and think Robins has come out saying our business is done and dusted.

He wants to buy 2 more. Let's let them do that.

Goodness knows the hysteria on here if we did a Bristol City. Sell a player for £25m and then Pearson came out and said and I quote "we aren't in a position to do any more business".

The fact of the matter is we have spent an unprecedented amount so far. Our squad quality in various positions has vastly improved.

We all know we need a CM, as does Robins. Let's have faith that we will do it.

I for one am quite excited at being involved in a deadline day for once where we are looking at securing some permanent deals.

Hoofhearted

Anyone would read this forum and think Robins has come out saying our business is done and dusted.

He wants to buy 2 more. Let's let them do that.

Goodness knows the hysteria on here if we did a Bristol City. Sell a player for £25m and then Pearson came out and said and I quote "we aren't in a position to do any more business".

The fact of the matter is we have spent an unprecedented amount so far. Our squad quality in various positions has vastly improved.

We all know we need a CM, as doss Robins. Let's have faith that we will do it.
This 👆👏

mmttww

You can’t sell your best remaining player and not replace them. Madness that so many people seem accepting of that as fine.
People accept that replacing someone that important shouldn't be rushed, so if it can't happen now, so be it. Hardly 'madness'. No one's accepting us sticking with what we've got forever.

Mucca Mad Boys

Sheaf and Eccles are both 6's. It probably needs an 8, especially if we've decided Ayari is a 10

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Ayari played in the 10 role for 30m. I’m sure he will be play games deeper as the season progresses.

Allen and Hamer both had stints at AM and CM as and when required.

BlueSkiesForever

The next 4 months with the following in defensive midfield:

Eccles
Sheaf
Kelly

Not enough.
Agreed, there’s nothing in there other than Sheaf that would worry an opposition, I know we’ve come along way and it’s a long process etc etc but it’s pretty poor that we can’t attract a decent defensive midfielder to the club when we’ve had around £35 mil to spend. We should be aiming higher than just trying to manage until the January window comes along.

TomRad85

Tbf i'll be fuming if we don't sign a couple but we have 1.5 days left to know if that's going to be the case or not. I think i'd rather wait that short amount of time to join the meltdown than jump on now. The club might surprise us and pull some aces from their sleeve.

Legia Sky Blue

With us supposedly after a LCB where does that leave Binks? He can't get in the team now, so if we sign Kitching or another LCB he falls even further down the pecking order. If we let Bidwell go can he fill in at LWB?

pusbccfc

With us supposedly after a LCB where does that leave Binks? He can't get in the team now, so if we sign Kitching or another LCB he falls even further down the pecking order. If we let Bidwell go can he fill in at LWB?
I get the impression Binks will eventually step in for McFadzean when either tired, injured or out of form.

Long term Binks may start, in the same way Simms/Haji will over Godden.

SkyBlue_Bear83

People accept that replacing someone that important shouldn't be rushed, so if it can't happen now, so be it. Hardly 'madness'. No one's accepting us sticking with what we've got forever.
All well and good to say club are taking there time and don't want to rush, but do people really think in 12 months time the transfer fees and wages won't be more inflated than they are right now.

The Hamer money might buy three w
quality players right now, in 12 months time that money may only be able to afford two quality players

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You can’t sell your best remaining player and not replace them. Madness that so many people seem accepting of that as fine.

I agree with you. The current love in with Sheaf is contributing to this though. Which is worrying, as Eccles has actually been better than him this season. People have this misguided view that our midfield is very strong, when in actual fact it is our weakest area of the pitch by some way.

We realistically need an upgrade if we want to compete at the top this season. A team with Hamer (or a Hamer type player) takes us up a level.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I agree with you. The current love in with Sheaf is contributing to this though. Which is worrying, as Eccles has actually been better than him this season. People have this misguided view that our midfield is very strong, when in actual fact it is our weakest area of the pitch by some way.

We realistically need an upgrade if we want to compete at the top this season. A team with Hamer (or a Hamer type player) takes us up a level.
What I have understood from 90% of your recent posts is you really love Sheaf and think people don't rate him high enough. Correct?

PVA

I would much rather get no one else in than panic buy and end up with some players that we don't really want or that we've paid way over the odds for.

I think the squad already has far more depth than least year and whilst I'd love another couple of signings I think we have enough to get through to January still in the hunt.

long way home

Robins wants permanent signings and im going to assume if they don't come off he will have season loans agreed as a back uo. We know with perm signings its takes longer due to other multiple hurdles you have to get over. So it will probably go down to the wire with both but im sure the club are pushing to get all done. And will be getting all ready to pull the trigger on both if they get the go a head.

I d prefer to wait for the right player, then be panicked into the wrong one. We have seen that happen before and it really does hinder progression down the line if the mistake is made. id keep an eye on potentially loans the longer this goes on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread