Transfer targets (12 Viewers)

skybluecam

Yeah of course I realise that, and I realise we’ve come a hell of a long way, I will always support Robins and the team but I just want us to be competing at the top of the league. We’re so close to having a proper full squad it’ll just be a real shame if we can’t get in a proper quality CM. I wouldn’t be complaining if we hadn’t sold Vik & Gus but when you look at the squad atm and the last couple performances I can’t help but feel we’re lacking. I just want us to be a real force this season that’s all.
I feel the same, the squad needs more additions.

But spending for spending’s sake won’t help us. We have to be smart, identifying someone who can replace Hamer for 1/3 of the price isn’t easy is it? If they don’t feel they’ve found that then I’d rather they keep looking and move in Jan or next summer than just go and get whoever in.

Spaffing £30m on flops, bloating the wage budget and then missing promotion is a recipe for collapse.

Deity

We have. The stipulation of both going was the money was recieved in full bar add ons (in installments of course)

None of this like we did for Simms, it was £35 million for both Vik and Gus

We've spent £20million. Absolutely no excuse for me if he doesnt spend a few million on a CM
I think this is an odd take.

It is perfectly possible we have tried repeatedly to spend good money on a midfielder but have been blown away on wages, or by a higher rated team. That is football. I can excuse that.

don’t get me wrong I’ll be frustrated and disappointed but I understand that it’s a credible outcome ….

Brighton Sky Blue

I feel the same, the squad needs more additions.

But spending for spending’s sake won’t help us. We have to be smart, identifying someone who can replace Hamer for 1/3 of the price isn’t easy is it? If they don’t feel they’ve found that then I’d rather they keep looking and move in Jan or next summer than just go and get whoever in.

Spaffing £30m on flops, bloating the wage budget and then missing promotion is a recipe for collapse.
Alternatively you spend on someone who can develop up to his level in a few years. It just looks like we assumed he wouldn’t go this summer or at least didn’t plan on it.

Finham

We have. The stipulation of both going was the money was recieved in full bar add ons (in installments of course)

We've spent £20million. Absolutely no excuse for me if he doesnt spend a few million on a CM
So we got £15m up front for Gus did we? No clauses/add-ons? Others are saying differently!

cooperskyblue

To be honest if we get a CM in on a permanent tomorrow I think the squad would look pretty good. We could go back in for Kitching or whoever CB wise in January.

Dasilva showed we will wait to get the ones we want. CM is priority.

But atleast it's a deadline day for us to be invested in.

Sky Blue Harry H

The long term plan looks great , we've signed a number of young players on 4 Yr deals with an aim of reaching the promised land
The trouble is that some of our fans have unrealistic expectations and want it now
That's not how it works

Even though you've expressed your delight at the thought of giving me a pasting, one of the most sensible posts I've seen on here in the last 48 hours or so. See you soon mate. ;) :ROFLMAO:

SleepyGinger

The big money signings this window have gone to peoples heads We’ve spent 20 million quid and people are moaning about a lack of backing. The Vik and Hamer money should set us up for years it doesn’t have to go this window. We’re clearly still trying to bring people in, the same people moaning for a big signing to replace Hamer will be the first ones to call him Shit after 3 games.

BlueSkiesForever

I think this is an odd take.

It is perfectly possible we have tried repeatedly to spend good money on a midfielder but have been blown away on wages, or by a higher rated team. That is football. I can excuse that.

don’t get me wrong I’ll be frustrated and disappointed but I understand that it’s a credible outcome ….

Yeah I suppose I was being a bit hasty but I still find it baffling that out of all the players from all the leagues in Europe we haven’t managed to sign one defensive CM, doesn’t have to be exactly like Hamer, just someone with a decent level of quality that maybe we can train up or add depth to our squad. There must be 100’s of CM options out there around the £4-£8 million bracket, surely?

TomRad85

We've literally bid 4 million for Kitching today it seems. I don't think we're just sitting on the money. Expect to see CB and CM come in tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

skybluecam

I don't believe for a second that we got £35m up front for Vik and Gus. Not in today's world of FFP and accounting trickery.

SleepyGinger

Yeah I suppose I was being a bit hasty but I still find it baffling that out of all the players from all the leagues in Europe we haven’t managed to sign one defensive CM, doesn’t have to be exactly like Hamer, just someone with a decent level of quality that maybe we can train up or add depth to our squad. There must be 100’s of CM options out there around the £4-£8 million bracket, surely?
Someone like Ben Sheaf?

BlueSkiesForever

I don't believe for a second that we got £35m up front for Vik and Gus. Not in today's world of FFP and accounting trickery.

Probably not exactly £35m but you’d think it’d be around that mark, and remember that when all the books are balanced etc Doug hasn’t had to spend anything yet. I think a lot of people see it as moaning for moaning’s sake but we really do need a quality CM to keep us going for the rest of the season, they’ll be injuries and suspensions no doubt and it’s not like having a quality CM is a luxury move just for the sake of signing a player, it’s a real crucial position.

Finham

Would be too good to be true, us getting it all up front for any sales but oh, everyone we sign is just a few million with the rest when we win the Prem...

PVA

We've literally bid 4 million for Kitching today it seems. I don't think we're just sitting on the money. Expect to see CB and CM come in tomorrow.

Yeah and also just because we have money doesn't mean we that we should overpay for the players we want.

mark82

I'm not scouring a thread for it. I know for a fact it wasn't £20m, because it was 20m EUR. And that won't have been all one payment.
Yeah, works out about £17m. It'll be in installments but we'll be spending in installments too.

Portuguese transfers have to be reported (think it's a regulatory thing). Terms are out there and were put on here with a translation.

Hobo

Out of all the players, all the leagues, all the free agents.... there is more shit available than quality. Signing someone is not the problem, it is sourcing the right character, with the right quality, in the right position, at the right price, from a team willing to sell and the player wants to join us.

TomRad85

Yeah and also just because we have money doesn't mean we that we should overpay for the players we want.
You know if we up our bid for Kitching then there will be so many negative comments. Can't win either way sometimes.

Calista

I still find it baffling that out of all the players from all the leagues in Europe we haven’t managed to sign one defensive CM, doesn’t have to be exactly like Hamer, just someone with a decent level of quality that maybe we can train up or add depth to our squad.
You're desperate to replace Hamer with a defensive midfielder?

BlueSkiesForever

Out of all the players, all the leagues, all the free agents.... there is more shit available than quality. Signing someone is not the problem, it is sourcing the right character, with the right quality, in the right position, at the right price, from a team willing to sell and the player wants to join us.
Yeah fair I just expected out of all the 100’s of CMs in all the leagues around the world we’d have signed one of them that’s all. I’d have loved it if there was a perfect Hamer replacement but if there genuinely isn’t one out there then it doesn’t have to be Hamer quality right this minute but someone with potential that we can train up and just add depth to our squad when we get tired or injured, even someone at £2-£3 mil would help us out, always good to have options that’s all.

Users who are viewing this thread