Transfer targets (14 Viewers)

Levship20

Doesn’t matter where money has gone, you just can’t break a wage structure, which not only puts the club in a very awkward position but also pisses off many other players when they look at their own wage slip! He is on 55k per week.

slowpoke

Doesn’t matter where money has gone, you just can’t break a wage structure, which not only puts the club in a very awkward position but also pisses off many other players when they look at their own wage slip! He is on 55k per week.
According to the list above he’s nowhere near on £55k a week about half that.

Levship20

To be clear before we start the rumours about rumours, I never suggested we were in for him, just shouted him as a good option to cover wings.
And it’s good to dream but some think he is on the 09:00 from Euston! Even if we sold a player for £50m, does not mean we can suddenly begin to buy high earners and put the majority on silly money. FFP dictates that.

slowpoke

And it’s good to dream but some think he is on the 09:00 from Euston! Even if we sold a player for £50m, does not mean we can suddenly begin to buy high earners and put the majority on silly money. FFP dictates that.
Not an expert on ffp but I don’t think that can bother us, we have money in the coffas, no dept and I’m assuming not spending above our income.

Mucca Mad Boys

Where has the Hamer money gone then ?

It’s naive to expect a 1:1 spend on transfer revenue in and out.

There’s the fees we’ve supposedly paid, the agent fees and player wages to take into account to. Which is going to increase as well.

To make any player the highest paid player by a margin can be problematic and raise wage expectations of new and existing players. This can cause the wage bill to spiral out of control and end up like Derby and other clubs.

If we end up losing COH on a free, it’ll be a case of Sod’s Law. We had a player of value get a 12 month injury with 18 months left on his contract. The player didn’t want to sign a contract during his injury and the club probably felt it risky to offer such a contract anyway.

From COH’s POV, he can’t really lose. He’s seen the club offer Jodi Jones contracts for his rehab and no doubt if COH goes the same way we’ll keep him. Yet, if he comes back and performs well (which he is), he earns a move away on more money or if we get promoted, gets Prem wages with us.

There’s not a lot we can do in the circumstances.

Levship20

Not an expert on ffp but I don’t think that can bother us, we have money in the coffas, no dept and I’m assuming not spending above our income.
Not that easy, and a drop in gate receipts/income has a big effect on this. It is a very risky game and probably why the club is reluctant to push boat out on COH wage offer.

slowpoke

No, correct and let’s hope not but wages and other expenses do! Year on year you can expect higher costs not only on wages
That’s pro football and the higher you get the higher the wage bill it’s simple if you can’t or won’t cope get off train and stay in divisions 1&2.

BlueSkiesForever

I’m baffled that a winger doesn’t seem to be a priority

Same here, as good as Haji’s been he’s not a proper out and out winger, okay maybe it’s not necessary that we sign a winger but a real quality wide player could take us to the next level. I look at Jack Clarke at Sunderland, without him Sunderland wouldn’t be the half the team they currently are (not saying we should sign him, just giving an example).

At the same time I think Haji’s got a lot to offer so I wouldn’t want to drop him either, could maybe have him as main striker and rotate with Simms? Maybe room to sell Godden then? Just airing some half-baked ideas.

TomRad85

Same here, as good as Haji’s been he’s not a proper out and out winger, okay maybe it’s not necessary that we sign a winger but a real quality wide player could take us to the next level. I look at Jack Clarke at Sunderland, without him Sunderland wouldn’t be the half the team they currently are (not saying we should sign him, just giving an example).

At the same time I think Haji’s got a lot to offer so I wouldn’t want to drop him either, could maybe have him as main striker and rotate with Simms? Maybe room to sell Godden then? Just airing some half-baked ideas.
We don't play with out and out wingers. In fact Haji Wright is absolutely perfect in that position

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Haji has been great on the left, we don't need a first choice winger as we aren't going to change the system again as that would be stupid

if we get wideman it will be someone to add depth and cover to squad

skybluecam

I was talking about depth more than anything, I think Wright has found his position in this team on the left. But the 2nd choice for either wing seems to be Palmer, who isn’t a natural wide player and two injuries would really put us in the shit.

Bringing in someone who could play either wing, we could offer them minimum 20/30 mins a game from the bench and the opportunity to challenge for starts.

I’ve said multiple times a loan from the prem seems a no brainer.

Hertsccfc

I was talking about depth more than anything, I think Wright has found his position in this team on the left. But the 2nd choice for either wing seems to be Palmer, who isn’t a natural wide player and two injuries would really put us in the shit.

Bringing in someone who could play either wing, we could offer them minimum 20/30 mins a game from the bench and the opportunity to challenge for starts.

I’ve said multiple times a loan from the prem seems a no brainer.
Absolutely. Amad Diallo would be nice! Yes, I know it's not going to happen.

Calista

He looks 2 footed, but only seems to play on Left, if he could play on right as well, would be an ideal option
Was thinking the same, in fact he looks right-footed. I guess it's old-fashioned to suggest he could play on the 'right' side as well as the wrong one!

Users who are viewing this thread