Transfer targets (5 Viewers)

Senior Vick from Alicante

We don't need Creswell, he chose Millwall over us this time last year so I wouldn't go back for him. We have enough defenders at the club and if Robins thinks otherwise it can be addressed in the summer. I just think we need more attack minded players if its something you can do this window. We have a model of value for money purchases and you dont get that from this window if you are buying in the British market, I do think loans might happen with an option to buy, any further purchases would be from clubs that are skint or in trouble from FFP or foreign leagues. FFP purchases tend to be high as the seller is balancing the books.

Balli001

We don't need Creswell, he chose Millwall over us this time last year so I wouldn't go back for him. We have enough defenders at the club and if Robins thinks otherwise it can be addressed in the summer. I just think we need more attack minded players if its something you can do this window. We have a model of value for money purchases and you dont get that from this window if you are buying in the British market, I do think loans might happen with an option to buy, any further purchases would be from clubs that are skint or in trouble from FFP or foreign leagues. FFP purchases tend to be high as the seller is balancing the books.
Surely addressing it now means we aren't spending the whole summer chasing after players. As it stands we would have 3 centre half's at the end of the season. I think signing 1 now would be beneficial

Deity

Surely addressing it now means we aren't spending the whole summer chasing after players. As it stands we would have 3 centre half's at the end of the season. I think signing 1 now would be beneficial
I agree with one possible exception … IF we were to go up this season we wouldn’t buy another defender who has never played Prem league football I don’t think. More likely to try and pick up an experienced player to guide Thomas, Kitchin etc

Senior Vick from Alicante

I don't think he would be experienced enough to make the step up if we get promoted plus hes had his one chance to come here and he chose Millwall, if he didn't fancy us then because of league position I just wouldn't give him another chance now. If we go up the most important asset you need in a center back in the Premiership is speed and he hasnt got that.

Happy_Martian

Think I can agree with Deity for once ;) Robins and the club are well aware of our league position and direction. There is no point in buying players now for this season that, should we be promoted, would then have to be replaced by better quality next season.

We'll either loan for the short term or buy real quality that will last in the PL. Otherwise, I can't see us chasing shadows, we'll sit on our chequebooks.

Monty

I agree with one possible exception … IF we were to go up this season we wouldn’t buy another defender who has never played Prem league football I don’t think. More likely to try and pick up an experienced player to guide Thomas, Kitchin etc
But although I appreciate prices are inflated in January, would prices inflate even more if we got Promoted. I have to admit, I would rather go into pre-season with pretty much the full squad and then look to add 1 or 2 more recruits who improve the team and squad and add experience

Martin180

We have apparently been linked with Spurs left back Destiny Udogie an Italian currently on loan at Udinese, Doug King has apparently asked them for a price. If true it indicates Robins is strongly after a left full back.
Sounds a decent player and a big lad at 6ft 2in.
Currently valued over 30 million ?

skybluecam

We have apparently been linked with Spurs left back Destiny Udogie an Italian currently on loan at Udinese, Doug King has apparently asked them for a price. If true it indicates Robins is strongly after a left full back.
Are you off your rocker? He's not on loan, he starts every week for a spurs side chasing CL qualification...

CovLad94

Them drugs work whatever they are

usskyblue

Walking Out Oops GIF by Laff

Users who are viewing this thread