Turnstiles/Getting In (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueMatt

https://media.tenor.com/mJv55CcaZO0AAAAM/idiocracy-dumb.gif[\IMG]

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Woman in front of me went into the turnstile and then spent about 3 minutes looking for the ticket on her phone. I just think a lot people find the ticket scanning overly complicated for some reason, and that's why it was so slow.
Some people were acting like barcodes are cutting edge technology they'd never seen before :ROFLMAO:

Tomh111

I got stick outside but that's my fault for getting there late, the club warned people. We all knew it was going to be bad.

The faux outrage and general attitude to the poor stewards was fucking embarrassing. Grown men playing the big one shouting and bawling because they got there are 12:20 and couldn't walk straight in.

AJB1983

I’ve always used my phone.l and it scanned each time immediately. Helps if your brightness is up to full and zoom in a bit.
I got to my seat just as the teams came out, and I was worried about the queue, but was my own fault - got in a queue at about 12:10, which was too late really. I hoped to be there earlier as per the advice….

anyway, people better get used to it, gonna be like that pretty much every game. Get there early if you can.

Hobo

24000 yes you will be in a queue. I hadn't printed my ticket off just downloaded it on to my phone. Put phone in slot and I was in, no different to if I had my season ticket card.

No problem.

What I did have an issue with was outside programme sellers now only take cash not card payments. "Kiosk inside take cards"

So spend time looking for programme kiosk on concourse. Ask steward who hadn't got a clue but polite and trying to be helpful. Ask another who said they are available at food kiosks. So end up in a big queue with people buying food and drinks. Can see a sign Programmes available here.

Get to front ask for programme, "Oh we haven't got them they are in the next kiosk". Needless to say I wasn't queueing again so a programme sale lost.

In future I will make sure I have cash to buy outside the ground like I normally do. I ain't queueing with all the foodies (who are often multi buying for a group of friends) just to buy a programme.

I still cannot get an internet connection in the ground, which has only been a problem since Fraser's took over.

Sky Blue Pete

24000 yes you will be in a queue. I hadn't printed my ticket off just downloaded it on to my phone. Put phone in slot and I was in, no different to if I had my season ticket card.

No problem.

What I did have an issue with was outside programme sellers now only take cash not card payments. "Kiosk inside take cards"

So spend time looking for programme kiosk on concourse. Ask steward who hadn't got a clue but polite and trying to be helpful. Ask another who said they are available at food kiosks. So end up in a big queue with people buying food and drinks. Can see a sign Programmes available here.

Get to front ask for programme, "Oh we haven't got them they are in the next kiosk". Needless to say I wasn't queueing again so a programme sale lost.

In future I will make sure I have cash to buy outside the ground like I normally do. I ain't queueing with all the foodies (who are often multi buying for a group of friends) just to buy a programme.

I still cannot get an internet connection in the ground, which has only been a problem since Fraser's took over.
Email mark Hornby about that they are desperate to make it easy to get a programme this year after the mess of the last season

chiefdave

Email mark Hornby about that they are desperate to make it easy to get a programme this year after the mess of the last season
The only problem I've ever had was that once you were in the ground they were impossible to purchase. As long as you got them from the kiosks outside they were fine.

But as Hobo said for some reason they've made the program sellers outside cash only when previously, like the rest of the stadium, they were cashless. Seems an odd decision in a stadium where you keep pushing that everything is cashless, made the whole process a lot slower and I imagine a few people saw the large queues and decided not to bother.

Hobo

They weren't cashless outside the ground last season, but you could use card or cash.

MTK

I couldn’t either but I heard people saying they could. I’d really like that sorted - I‘d like to be able to look at SBT at half time. And look at the camera to make sure the dog is okay at home :)

EalingSB

Took me 5 mins to get in and scanned it on my phone. Don’t know why people are moaning
Just because it was easy for you, it doesn’t mean that other people didn’t struggle. We got to turnstile 42 at 11.50 and got in at 12.20; all of the turnstiles in that area by the Anecdote had significant queues. The fan march actually dissected the queue at one point. The steward on the gate didn’t tell people to prepare the barcode which could have sped things up.

junglej13

Amazed there hasn't been more people kicking off about this today. I got in the queue just before 12pm and was just in the ground for kickoff. There were thousands of people behind me in the queues who would have missed the start. Not really sure why the queues were so big.

Grendel

Just because it was easy for you, it doesn’t mean that other people didn’t struggle. We got to turnstile 42 at 11.50 and got in at 12.20; all of the turnstiles in that area by the Anecdote had significant queues. The fan march actually dissected the queue at one point. The steward on the gate didn’t tell people to prepare the barcode which could have sped things up.

Same turnstile for me - it’s always a problem there

chiefdave

Is it possible for you to go in elsewhere?
Any ticket can be used at any turnstile, 44 & 45 are normally pretty fast moving and a relatively short queue.
the advised turnstile for entry is shown on your ticket, but you can use any other turnstiles if you wish to avoid any queues.
The queue management does need to be looked at though, it's an easy thing to solve, just needs some barriers. Have one queue for each block of turnstiles then send people to which ever one is free when they reach the front. At the moment we end up with more queues than there are entrances then people start arguing when the queues have to merge

chiefdave

We are told no it says 42 - 44 it’s for the whole West Stand
This highlights another problem. Inconsistent messaging. Tickets say they must be printed, website says use your phone. Website says you can use any turnstile, stewards say you can only use the one on your ticket.

Easy stuff to sort but we've had the same issues for years.

Sbarcher

I don'r suppose it's helping having all of the drinks stands outside the entrance resulting in masses of fans and perhaps joining queues late to have that extra pint!

San Francisco

I don'r suppose it's helping having all of the drinks stands outside the entrance resulting in masses of fans and perhaps joining queues late to have that extra pint!

The prices for pints in the drink stands outside was a lot cheaper than the bars inside so that's probably why.

skyblueeyesrevisited

So Arsenal can delay start of a live Sky game because of e-ticket issues and Brentford because there’s no water, but we can’t delay our game with thousands of fans (mostly season ticket holders) still outside. Why is this Doug???

chiefdave

So Arsenal can delay start of a live Sky game because of e-ticket issues and Brentford because there’s no water, but we can’t delay our game with thousands of fans (mostly season ticket holders) still outside. Why is this Doug???
I would guess a delayed kick off takes us far to close to the blackout windows and Sky weren’t prepared to risk it.

we’ve had delayed kick offs when we’ve been on Sky before but it’s been evening games

chiefdave

It’s not just us. At Edgbaston this afternoon and they’ve got 4 queues at the entrance I go in, 4 security guards doing searches, they’ve got one of those wand things between them so 3 queues have to wait while one person is scanned

Users who are viewing this thread