U21s v Posh (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

It was a good game. Quite a few there. Marco Rus was the standout again. Would love to see him given a spot on the bench.

torchomatic

larry_david

It was a good game. Quite a few there. Marco Rus was the standout again. Would love to see him given a spot on the bench.
I don't understand our policy with Rus. Was loaned out at Hereford, conf north level and by all accounts absolutely bossed it. We then brought him back to play in our u21s when the Hereford gaffer openly said he wanted him to stay, and our u21 gaffer says there's a shed load of interest to loan him.

So the question from me is, why did we cut short his loan when he was bossing it and learning a trade against men to play our u21s against players from peterboroughs u21s?

Sky Blue Pete

I don't understand our policy with Rus. Was loaned out at Hereford, conf north level and by all accounts absolutely bossed it. We then brought him back to play in our u21s when the Hereford gaffer openly said he wanted him to stay, and our u21 gaffer says there's a shed load of interest to loan him.

So the question from me is, why did we cut short his loan when he was bossing it and learning a trade against men to play our u21s against players from peterboroughs u21s?
You should tell them

torchomatic

Yeah, I don't get. It. He was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch today. Dictated the play, scored a great goal too. He needs a loan to build him up a bit. If Howley gets in the first team squad then there's no reason why Rus shouldn't get the chance.

rexo87

Also encouraging that quite a few were only academy as well. Most of them first years.
Yeah think we've got a pretty decent crop coming through. Won't show in their league results as U17/U18 are playing up in U21s while 16s playing up at 18s but certainly the 4 or 5 from the 18s playing up in 21s are showing a lot of promise

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Governmac

Is he out of contract soon?

slowpoke

It looks we have moved the younger teams forward to play at higher/better levels don’t know if that’s new strategy or part of their development or bit of both perhaps. coming to when decisions are made about about futures too I can see why some are brought back in house.

Greggs

because we have 3 attacking midfielders injured?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

larry_david

because we have 3 attacking midfielders injured?
We hadn't in Jan when he was recalled and he's got nowhere near the squad since. Just seems like a waste of a development oppurtunity to my untrained eye.

IN other news, noticed Cashman has been recalled again, assuming because he now can't even get into the Altringham squad.

edgy

Must be frustrating as an U21/U23 coach. Knowing you'll often lose anyone half decent to a loan or first team bench.

I suppose it's a no-lose scenario. Cant be blamed for the teams results.

SBT

Must be frustrating as an U21/U23 coach. Knowing you'll often lose anyone half decent to a loan or first team bench.

I suppose it's a no-lose scenario. Cant be blamed for the teams results.
Your objective as a youth coach is to develop players, not win games. So the more players you ‘lose’, the better you’re doing.

edgy

Your objective as a youth coach is to develop players, not win games. So the more players you ‘lose’, the better you’re doing.

Absolutely correct. Must be a bit frustrating though as you are in leagues and cups.

larry_david

Makes me wonder if some of our 'prospects' will have suffered from not going out on loan last year to win the youth cup. I know that may sound silly but Ngandu didn't go out on loan and is now in scotland divison 3 for example. MR even said he wanted to loan Tav out last season but didn't and I wonder if it was because of the dev league and the fact he was top scorer in the division for it. Random, might be bollocks from my part :D

Users who are viewing this thread