Unbeaten Run (1 Viewer)

Irish Sky Blue

One of the unfortunate consequences of the likely non playing end to this season is that this team's remarkable ability not to lose may not be recognised in the record books.
I make it 14 league games unbeaten since we had the 'Just Listen To Me' thread after defeat at Shrewsbury in January.
I think that there is every possibility that we would have remained unbeaten in the remaining ten games and then would have equalled the 24 game unbeaten run of the 1967 promotion team.
If you add in 6 unbeaten FA Cup games (think the second Blues game is recorded as a draw), that is 20 games since we last got beaten.
I have followed the club since 1967. There has never been a season like this where we have had to face the bitterness of defeat on so few occasions.
When football does resume, the players will have the chance to extend their run in the new season. As, hopefully this will be back in the second division, 10 plus games unbeaten seems unlikely.
Such a shame they couldn't have had a shot at the record their resilience deserved.

clint van damme

One of the unfortunate consequences of the likely non playing end to this season is that this team's remarkable ability not to lose may not be recognised in the record books.
I make it 14 league games unbeaten since we had the 'Just Listen To Me' thread after defeat at Shrewsbury in January.
I think that there is every possibility that we would have remained unbeaten in the remaining ten games and then would have equalled the 24 game unbeaten run of the 1967 promotion team.
If you add in 6 unbeaten FA Cup games (think the second Blues game is recorded as a draw), that is 20 games since we last got beaten.
I have followed the club since 1967. There has never been a season like this where we have had to face the bitterness of defeat on so few occasions.
When football does resume, the players will have the chance to extend their run in the new season. As, hopefully this will be back in the second division, 10 plus games unbeaten seems unlikely.
Such a shame they couldn't have had a shot at the record their resilience deserved.

hadn't though about that, but yeah, would have been good to see how long it went on. Maybe we we'll get chance, doubtful .

SlowerThanPlatt

I think from memory a few of the FA Cup games were before we lost to Shrewsbury

Legia Sky Blue

I didn't see us losing another game either. I guess if we had wrapped up the title early there is a chance we might have taken our foot off the gas in any 'dead' games after, but if we carried on playing like we were no other team in this league could match us.

shmmeee

We were on for a record fewest defeats as well. I think the record is six in a season. No way were we going to lose three of the last ten.

Users who are viewing this thread