Undisclosed transfer fees (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

They're ridiculous at the best of times. Not exactly transparent, are they?

But this is about the most ridiculous example I've seen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36945199

Walsall break 37-year transfer record

says the BBC main site link.

The undisclosed fee for the 20-year-old, who has 10 caps for his country, is more than the £175,000 paid for Birmingham City's Alan Buckley in 1979.

So their record fee is now... undisclosed.

But more than £175k.

£175k and a penny?

£175million...?

NorthernWisdom

Don't care whodoes them, they take half the fun out of a football pre-season. Where's the excitement of being an £undisclosed footballer? Not exactly a £million splash, is it?

And where's the chance to laugh at a team spending £undisclosed for that heap of junk?

vow

3 goals in 27 apps last year, that'll keep Simeon Jackson on his toes!

3 goals in 27 apps last year, that'll keep Simeon Jackson on his toes!

You worry about your own lack of signings, and we'll worry about what ours turn out like.

Trust me, if we spend anything over £30,000 on a player that people haven't heard of, then they've got something. Last time was Jorge Leitao who served is very well.

Undisclosed makes perfect business sense. Let other lower league clubs gloat about what they receive/pay and wonder why they make losses, unlike us.

chiefdave

One thing I like about American sports is they publish full details of players contracts. Should do the same here, publish the fee and wages.

vow

You worry about your own lack of signings, and we'll worry about what ours turn out like.

Trust me, if we spend anything over £30,000 on a player that people haven't heard of, then they've got something. Last time was Jorge Leitao who served is very well.

Undisclosed makes perfect business sense. Let other lower league clubs gloat about what they receive/pay and wonder why they make losses, unlike us.
I'm not worried about any lack of signings, thank you :)

Oh and thanks for the nibble.

Users who are viewing this thread