Undr the Cosh podcast (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Just watched the Leroy Lita episode and he said Cov tried to sign him on a free after he left Reading, we offered more money but he chose Boro. Coleman would have been manager at the time

Some CCFC related episodes

The Philosopher

Just watched the Leroy Lita episode and he said Cov tried to sign him on a free after he left Reading, we offered more money but he chose Boro. Coleman would have been manager at the time

Some CCFC related episodes

Which Boro? Nuneaton in the end. Can’t say he didn’t like the area. Funny old world.

The Philosopher

At that point in time, it looks like we had Eastwood, Best, Leon Mc and Clinton Morison as established forwards with Gary Madine on loan and Cal Wilson and Jeffers as youngsters coming through.

The first 4 were probably considered to be decent level players (I add, at that time) and Lita may have considered that he might carry on bench warming if he came here.

Looking at that 2009 squad, we really should have done better (and I know I’m going off topic but I just happened to look at squad).

Westwood in goal.

Elliott ward and Ben Turner at the back

Doyle, Clingan, Gunnarsson etc

19th.

Dowie was a better manager than Coleman.

What a fool Ranson was.

Hindsight…..

Saddlebrains

At that point in time, it looks like we had Eastwood, Best, Leon Mc and Clinton Morison as established forwards with Gary Madine on loan and Cal Wilson and Jeffers as youngsters coming through.

The first 4 were probably considered to be decent level players (I add, at that time) and Lita may have considered that he might carry on bench warming if he came here.

Looking at that 2009 squad, we really should have done better (and I know I’m going off topic but I just happened to look at squad).

Westwood in goal.

19th.

What a fool Ranson was.

Hindsight…..

Add Fox Dann Henderson to that aswell.....

Grendel

Westwood in goal.

19th.

What a fool Ranson was.

Hindsight…..

Dowie in the end totally disintegrated as a manager - given his overall win record he was falling down fast

Morrison Mackenzie and Eastwood were spectacular flops

Ccfcisparks

Dowie in the end totally disintegrated as a manager - given his overall win record he was falling down fast

Morrison Mackenzie and Eastwood were spectacular flops
Morrison we got on a free, got double figures in the league in both seasons here. Doesn't seem too bad to me.

SlowerThanPlatt

It will be interesting to hear how he recalls this

But when he failed to show up, the Bristol boss called the whole thing off, fuming: "I don't think he's right for us. I know people will be shocked by that but I can't commit £1.5 million to people who I don't think can be committed for three years.

"Mifsud, his representative and lawyers took negotiations to a new level that I have never seen before, not in terms of finances necessarily, but in the way they were conducting
business.

LastGarrison

Not Cov related but did find Grealish and Abonglahor’s response to John Gregory’s clip on Instagram from the Undr the Cosh podcast amusing.

Basically Gregory slags off Grealish when he was out on loan from Villa and this was their reply:

IMG_3752.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread