Unemployed Players (1 Viewer)

EleanorRigby

I know there's a transfer embargo in and out and I know we can't offer players new contracts but can clubs in our position sign unemployed players, there are a few at Rangers, on a pay as you play basis.

stupot07

It depends whether it a transfer embargo means that no player registrations can take place or not.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Nope. We can't even sign free agents. Which is why when Birmingham saw it coming, as they entered an embargo situation within 24 hours of us, they quickly signed three players ahead of the embargo coming into place.

Peter Ramage on loan from QPR, and Caleb Folan and Cian Hughton - both of whom were free agents.

Bit of lateral thinking, you see. Amazing what can be done if the inclination exists, eh?

dongonzalos

Nope. We can't even sign free agents. Which is why when Birmingham saw it coming, as they entered an embargo situation within 24 hours of us, they quickly signed three players ahead of the embargo coming into place.

Peter Ramage on loan from QPR, and Caleb Folan and Cian Hughton - both of whom were free agents.

Bit of lateral thinking, you see. Amazing what can be done if the inclination exists, eh?

SISU have one agenda and it does not involve investment

Mary_Mungo_Midge

SISU have one agenda and it does not involve investment

I always remember once picking up the phone to the MD of a business who owed me money. I asked him if they had cashflow problems. I remember his response clearly, bold as brass he stated 'yeah, we have cash; it's just not flowing in your direction'.

It's like SISU. Yes, they posted a small loss last year. But they can still summon cash for investments if they wish. But rather like my chap quoted above, it's simply not going to be thrown in or direction

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread