Unhappy Robins (1 Viewer)

Robinshio

was fuming yesterday about the state of the pitch and also a dig about our squad size
Not sure who these were aimed at, bud seemed very upset by both

Ashdown

The pitch looked ok for February to be fair and the number of injuries and the suspension is thinning out our squad. No ones to blame apart from the dirty bastards crocking our players.

fernandopartridge

The pitch looked ok for February to be fair and the number of injuries and the suspension is thinning out our squad. No ones to blame apart from the dirty bastards crocking our players.

TBF we have only got a couple of injuries and we're putting young kids on the bench

The pitch is clearly not up to expectations for whatever reason, though it doesn't look bad it is quite bobbly

chiefdave

What did he actually say about the pitch?

Doesn't look too bad but obviously that's not much of an indiction of how it plays. We have had a ridiculous amount of rain recently which can't help with maintenance

Ashdown

What did he actually say about the pitch?

Doesn't look too bad but obviously that's not much of an indiction of how it plays. We have had a ridiculous amount of rain recently which can't help with maintenance
Quite there is only so much they can do when it pisses it down so much most days.

AJB1983

They have had the youngsters play on it and also Nuneaton the other week when ordinarily it would have had a bit of time to recover between our games. That hasn’t helped.

skybluecam

birds GIF

Offhegoes

Robins has had a couple of digs over the last couple of weeks. Firstly, not getting Mason-Clark, and that leaving us short. Our squad quality and number has improved this season, but if we lost MVE and Sakamoto for any length of time, we would struggle. Probably why Robins was desperate to get a wide forward in. Otherwise we are relying on Palmer, Tavares and Simms to cover the wide roles if we lose Saka. Perhaps not enough work has been done on the pitch recently...It has looked great all season before Sunday.

skybluegod

TBF we have only got a couple of injuries and we're putting young kids on the bench

The pitch is clearly not up to expectations for whatever reason, though it doesn't look bad it is quite bobbly

It is also a 9 player bench now tho... Up until recently it would still have been a bench full of first teamers.

hamertime

was fuming yesterday about the state of the pitch and also a dig about our squad size
Not sure who these were aimed at, bud seemed very upset by both
Im not surprised, hes right about both. If he doesnt moan about it nothing will get done. Our squad is very thin to be challening for the top 6.

skybluegod

Robins has had a couple of digs over the last couple of weeks. Firstly, not getting Mason-Clark, and that leaving us short. Our squad quality and number has improved this season, but if we lost MVE and Sakamoto for any length of time, we would struggle. Probably why Robins was desperate to get a wide forward in. Otherwise we are relying on Palmer, Tavares and Simms to cover the wide roles if we lose Saka. Perhaps not enough work has been done on the pitch recently...It has looked great all season before Sunday.

Hmmm not sure I agree, I think the pitch has quite obviously been deteriorating since January.

I'd imagine the frustration is we have paid top money for this hybrid pitch. It's strange as Ryton still looks in good nick on the pictures, and it's the same company.

shmmeee

Expectation setting I imagine. He obviously wanted one or two more in and it didn’t happen.

I agree the pitch looks better than before and a million miles from Wednesdays. If we wanna be a PL team need high standards tho.

Robinshio

the reporter commented that the bench was looking good with options - he basically disagreed, and said lucky we only have 2 injuries and a suspension
A couple more and we are in big trouble
He is right - in fact take either Hadji or O hare out now for a while, and that could be season over - especially whilst sheaf is still out

chiefdave

the reporter commented that the bench was looking good with options - he basically disagreed, and said lucky we only have 2 injuries and a suspension
A couple more and we are in big trouble
He is right - in fact take either Hadji or O hare out now for a while, and that could be season over - especially whilst sheaf is still out
How many Championship teams wouldn't have an issue if they had 4 or 5 key players out? Managers always want a bigger squad but not sure we're much worse off than those without parachute payments

CV22SBA

The grounds team have been working overtime apparently and have been struggling.

Hence why the stadium lamps are on all night.

This is an aerial shot on the pitch two weeks ago.

View attachment 34006
Looks dreadful. Surely the issue is down to how it's maintained as the Company that made/installed the pitch also did Leicester and Spurs plus many others and those two for example look great in comparison.

Bertola

IS the potential issue what's underneath the pitch? Remember all the shit they were digging up when installing the pitches at Ryton, if there's an underlying issue similar to that, then surenly no matter what goes on top of it, there will always be issues

Deity

Robins is the master of managing expectation.

The truth is we have best squad we have had in over a decade, he has been backed in the transfer windows by the owner, and rightly we are one of the teams the media expect to push for the play offs.

With the exception of the relegated clubs any other club couldn’t lose 4 or 5 players to injury without being materially impacted. We are equally well placed to compete for the play offs.

Our training pitches are now very good, another previous complaint from Robins.

We are trying to transition from a championship under dog punching above our weight to one of the favourites delivering on the investments made.

I personally think anything less than a real push for the play offs would be under performing this season.

skybluecam

How many Championship teams wouldn't have an issue if they had 4 or 5 key players out? Managers always want a bigger squad but not sure we're much worse off than those without parachute payments
It’s not 4 or 5 players though, it’s 2. We look significantly weaker as soon as 2 of Wright, Saka, O’Hare or Palmer are out.

chiefdave

It’s not 4 or 5 players though, it’s 2. We look significantly weaker as soon as 2 of Wright, Saka, O’Hare or Palmer are out.
said lucky we only have 2 injuries and a suspension a couple more and we are in big trouble
My maths isn't brilliant but 2 injuries, 1 suspension and a couple more does not equal 2. Pretty much any team will look weaker if you take out two or more key players.

Just the usual expectation management from Robins.

David O'Day

My maths isn't brilliant but 2 injuries, 1 suspension and a couple more does not equal 2. Pretty much any team will look weaker if you take out two or more key players.

Yeah if you add Sheaf, Allen and Kitching to the mix that means the Tavares and the 2 U21 kids don't make the bench

skybluecam

No but the problem is those 4.

Wright & Palmer out - who plays left?

Saka & Wright out - who plays right?

You end up with some dodgy looking lineups.

HerneBayGaz

Hmmm not sure I agree, I think the pitch has quite obviously been deteriorating since January.

I'd imagine the frustration is we have paid top money for this hybrid pitch. It's strange as Ryton still looks in good nick on the pictures, and it's the same company.
Considering they spent a lot of money on that pitch, I'm surprised it isn't as good as expected. Isn't it the same pitch as Bristol City? I'm wondering what the pitch is like there. They should upgrade the pitch In the summer with the money they get Vic.

Mucca Mad Boys

The squad is a bit thin in some areas but if you compare the situation to last season, it’s night and day.

The consensus was that our season was ‘over’ when COH done his ACL or when Palmer did his hamstring against Sunderland.

Robins will adapt and he is just managing expectations atm. We’ve got 3 winnable games upcoming followed by 3 v difficult fixtures.

skybluegod

Considering they spent a lot of money on that pitch, I'm surprised it isn't as good as expected. Isn't it the same pitch as Bristol City? I'm wondering what the pitch is like there. They should upgrade the pitch In the summer with the money they get Vic.

There isn't another upgrade I don't think. This is the same pitch used at the likes of Wembley, arsenal etc. it must be an upkeep issue... Which needs looking into.

Deity

In his post match interview I wonder whether Robins was hinting at the fact we might still look at out of contract players on short term deals ?? @Saddlebrains any insights ?

If not it makes Robins comments a little strange as there is little to be gained in complaining your squad isn’t strong enough if you can’t do anything about it !

Martin180

In his post match interview I wonder whether Robins was hinting at the fact we might still look at out of contract players on short term deals ?? @Saddlebrains any insights ?

If not it makes Robins comments a little strange as there is little to be gained in complaining your squad isn’t strong enough if you can’t do anything about it !
He’s trying to lower fans expectations, we are playing really well again but we are potentially a couple of injuries away from a mini crisis .

Saddlebrains

Nope he wont touch anyone like that mate. Letting Doug know that what he requests in the summer he better get

Deity

Nope he wont touch anyone like that mate. Letting Doug know that what he requests in the summer he better get
Not a very smart move then.

There is only boss and it isn’t Robins.

Implying criticism of your owner in public doesn’t normally end well for any manager …..

I think Robins is a brilliant manager and we are lucky to have him but he can’t possibly complain that he hasn’t been backed this season ….

Users who are viewing this thread