Useless laptop (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Just yesterday none of my internet browsers were working on the laptop despite being fully connected to the wireless I use at uni. I've since had to fix it by restoring the computer to factory settings which is an absolute pain.

Anyone else had this happen to them and know how to fix it? I'm on Vista with a (Dell) Inspiron 6400 :mad:

Brighton Sky Blue

Just thought I'm at cov Uni and often have problems with there wifi on my laptop

Nah, it's the laptop that's the problem as it happened a year ago in Brighton and I had to do a full restore to get it working again. Useless piece of junk.

Brighton Sky Blue

When I opened the browser none of them connected despite the laptop showing a full strength connection to the network.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
All my pc's went down yesterday here on the Isle of Wight. My main Desk PC, my laptop and my iPod. Couldn't get on-line at all. Tore my hair out most of the day and finally phoned my SP (which I try to avoid). They spent about an hour and a half fixing the problem, so it might not be your PC's, BSB. They had to remotely reset my router which somehow had been blown out.

Brighton Sky Blue

All my pc's went down yesterday here on the Isle of Wight. My main Desk PC, my laptop and my iPod. Couldn't get on-line at all. Tore my hair out most of the day and finally phoned my SP (which I try to avoid). They spent about an hour and a half fixing the problem, so it might not be your PC's, BSB. They had to remotely reset my router which somehow had been blown out.

It definitely was the computer as the same wifi still worked on my phone. If I could afford to I'd just get a new one but alas, student budget :(

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Same here mate, but the other end of life! Pension!! :D

deanocity3

don't pay your monthly rental then move away after a few months,see if your supporting internet works,if it gets hot you might need some fans

Users who are viewing this thread