Useless ticket office!! (1 Viewer)

ecky

Having already bought 5 tickets in the week for today's game some friends are visiting us today and asked if they could join us in going to the game.

So I was at the club shop in Tesco first thing this morning as it opened to buy some additional tickets and was told we don't sell home tickets from here on a Saturday go to the kiosk at the Ricoh

So I walked across to the Ricoh kiosk and was then told we don't sell tickets for the west end on match days!!!!

Are they having a laugh or what?
What sort of customer service is this?

We are told to support TM & the lads the more money coming in the more TM will get to use and yet you can't buy or collect tickets from the shop or the kiosk on match days?

Further to this I spent 40 mins Tuesday at the ccfc shop on Tuesday with just 2 people ahead of me in the queue! The whole process is shocking with the woman repeatedly apologising blaming the ticket printing machine for the wait???

Come on FISHER and the rest of the CCFC board get your act together and sort out the whole shambolic way you have in getting tickets.

I'm sending a copy of this to the club but I'm not expecting any miracles

fernandopartridge

Having already bought 5 tickets in the week for today's game some friends are visiting us today and asked if they could join us in going to the game.

So I was at the club shop in Tesco first thing this morning as it opened to buy some additional tickets and was told we don't sell home tickets from here on a Saturday go to the kiosk at the Ricoh

So I walked across to the Ricoh kiosk and was then told we don't sell tickets for the west end on match days!!!!

We are told to support TM & the lads the more money coming in the more TM will get to use and yet you can't buy or collect tickets from the shop or the kiosk on match days?

Further to this I spent 40 mins Tuesday at the ccfc shop on Tuesday with just 2 people ahead of me in the queue! The whole process is shocking with the woman repeatedly apologising blaming the ticket printing machine for the wait???

Come on FISHER and the rest of the CCFC board get your act together and sort out the whole shambolic way you have in getting tickets.

You've spent as much time posting this as it would take to register and buy tickets online for collection.

Lord_Nampil

you are aware the west and east stand are sold out or near enough........

nmp2327

Completely agree with you, not the fault of the Colleagues who work in there but the Office really is a poor operation and in no way assisting with crowd numbers, come on Fletcher sort it out !!

ecky

Hi Lord Nampil they had tickets left only wanted 2 but wouldn't sell had cash in hand waiting

stupot07

Why can't I buy on the day with no one in the queue smart arse?

Is it because they have to print all the unsold tickets off ready for POTG's so they can hand them out as people come in? Otherwise there would be a free-for-all of people sitting in already allocated seats? Dunno for sure, just putting it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
Completely agree with you, not the fault of the Colleagues who work in there but the Office really is a poor operation and in no way assisting with crowd numbers, come on Fletcher sort it out !!
Who is fletcher?

ecky

I think their 1930s ticket printer is the real problem
How would they cope with 20,000 gates?
It's not a new problem but one they should have addressed by now

SkyBlueSid

That's true. I have a match package and so cannot buy online. The ticket offices are a complete joke. I tried the BPA one last time and the scale of the operation would shame a non-league outfit. I dread to think what would happen should we get to the play-offs and they have to distribute 30000 tickets for the home leg.

RoperCCFC96

We do need to sort the system out as it's a pain in the arse for most people! IF we do manage to get promotion, it will certainly have to improve drastically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

They need to buy into the Ricoh system next season.

No we don't, the problem isn't at the turnstiles its the the sale and distribution of individual match tickets. We're fine using the paper tickets.

What would be ideal though and solve a lot of the ticket problems is if we could have our main ticket office located at the Ricoh 7 days a week and sell tickets from only the Ricoh.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Absolutely agree. I remember buying my season ticket and waiting for the Earth to spin one complete rotation before it coughed out my details. It reminds me of the late 1990's when we all got the internet on dial up and you could hit the send button, make the dinner , watch a couple of hours telly and then come back to your computer just as it was connecting. They can't really deliver efficiently on ticket demand for this match, let alone 20,000. The fact that the staff there constantly apologise shows that they are victims almost as much as the supporters. They're only as good as the system they are saddled with. Buying on line may be the answer for many, including me, but it's not for everyone, nor should it be.

torchomatic

Yes I remember you droning on and on about it.

Gazolba

You should be able to buy tickets online and print them out on your own computer like every other organisation that has entered the 21st century. Each ticket would have a barcode that could be scanned for validity at the gate.

ecky

Update from ticket office

Not good enough CCFC there were plenty of empty seats by us so the system isn't working

May I apolgise for the poor service you have received from us.

The retail section of the business is no longer run by the club, Just Sports kindly allowed us to have a ticketing till within their club shop but they will not allow tickets to be sold on match days as the staff are not employed by the club and they have to concerntrate on retail on match days.

We would normally sell tickets in the West stand on match days but due to high sales we had actually sold out of tickets in the West Stand on Saturday.

Kind regards

Karen Bennett
Head of Ticketing
T: 02476 992335
Coventry City Football Club
W: www.ccfc.co.uk

matesx

this is something this new guy CA has to get sorted as a priority

Ash

When do tickets become available for collection once you've ordered them online? I've ordered 2 for the Port Vale match and want to pick them up before match day

CJ_covblaze

When do tickets become available for collection once you've ordered them online? I've ordered 2 for the Port Vale match and want to pick them up before match day

Straight away normally. When they haven't been the staff have printed them for me when I'm there.

rupert_bear

Queued at the Tesco shop outlet Friday, third in the queue for my one ticket, took 45 minutes to get served. Not the staff's fault just remnants of the Mickey Mouse way the club has been run by Fisher.

SkyBlueZack

It's been explained over and over again. The shop at tesco is not primarily for tickets. It's not owned or run by the club. The ticket office is at the butts park arena. Go there or go online. Ticket office in the city centre doesn't work. Tried it before and it doesn't receive the footfall to keep it open. Might be something to do with city centre rates. And bore off with your wasps shite.

Grendel

Ticket office in the city centre is the way forward

Yes that was a roaring success last time.

How many other league one clubs have city centre ticket offices?

There is one answer - the internet. It's pathetic really.

dongonzalos

How many don't have a proper ticket office at their own ground????

Ticket office in City Centre was a roaring success for a long time only under recent ownership is it an issue and yes proper internet access including the use of smart phones!!!
The Butts really is cringeworthy it's like buying a ticket for a non league match. The staff sat behind a school desk!!!

letsallsingtogether

I always used to get mine e at the City Centre shop never had problems then.
Some people don't like buying off the net,
Most clubs have a decent shop with a ticket office that way you get a ticket and hopefully buy something from the shop, therefore helping out the FFB well I take it we don't really need it.

We need to sell every ticket we can so we need to make it as easy as we can to purchase one, if people have to queue or get to the ground early to collect one you could lose a sale, that can't be good for business.
PUSB

Nick

Administrator
I always used to get mine e at the City Centre shop never had problems then.
Some people don't like buying off the net,
Most clubs have a decent shop with a ticket office that way you get a ticket and hopefully buy something from the shop, therefore helping out the FFB well I take it we don't really need it.

We need to sell every ticket we can so we need to make it as easy as we can to purchase one, if people have to queue or get to the ground early to collect one you could lose a sale, that can't be good for business.
PUSB
Was that the cathedral lanes one? Then didn't they have a bit in jjb and hannigans?

dongonzalos

How many don't have a proper ticket office at their own ground????

Ticket office in City Centre was a roaring success for a long time only under recent ownership is it an issue and yes proper internet access including the use of smart phones!!!
The Butts really is cringeworthy it's like buying a ticket for a non league match. The staff sat behind a school desk!!!

just realised I just let you know I have actually been there quite a few times even though I don't know where it is

letsallsingtogether

Don't know as I have a plastic card for my ticket.
No reason we can't buy into there system and both clubs will benefit financially and functionally.
Bit like the old cashless card, I use that now to scrape the frost from my windows☺

Users who are viewing this thread