USSR invades Ukraine. (5 Viewers)

Ian1779

Zelensky is a grifter that is now in way over his head.
Where this goes from here I don’t know, but 2 things are probably very likely.
Firstly, more innocent people will die, Secondly Zelensky will die a very rich man.

CCFCSteve

Interesting quote from your article:

Ukrainians overwhelmingly trust the former armed forces chief over his newly-appointed replacement as confidence in President Zelensky drops, a survey has found.

That’s despite him saying the war is a stalemate, something I got hammered for on here.

Id hope that a majority of people accept it’s a stalemate. How you get from that to a settlement that works for Ukraine and without emboldening Putin is the challenge

PVA

Firstly, more innocent people will die, Secondly Zelensky will die a very rich man.

He was a rich man before the war, so I'm not sure what relevance that has.

A few people in here falling for Kremlin propaganda unfortunately.

Sick Boy

Id hope that a majority of people accept it’s a stalemate. How you get from that to a settlement that works for Ukraine and without emboldening Putin is the challenge
The interests of Ukraine aren’t going to be a top priority for the west.

Sick Boy

Corruption in Ukraine is well documented. You’d have to be naive at best to think it’s not gone on during the war, both in terms of weapons coming in and financial support.

This is an interesting article - Zelensky's Cash Haul

CCFCSteve

It’s not their call because they’re entirely dependent on what the West decides.

If they wanted to settle now they would. The west can prolong things by continuing to provide financial and military support but it can’t stop them from going to the negotiating table. Ultimately if that’s what Ukraine people and government want that’s what will happen

Sick Boy

If they wanted to settle now they would. The west can prolong things by continuing to provide financial and military support but it can’t stop them from going to the negotiating table. Ultimately if that’s what Ukraine people and government want that’s what will happen
Financial support from the West isn’t going to last forever; there are already questions being asked. If Trump gets voted in, it’ll probably be gone by this time next year.

Once that happens, Ukraine will be in a far weaker position to negotiate.

PVA

Corruption in Ukraine is well documented. You’d have to be naive at best to think it’s not gone on during the war, both in terms of weapons coming in and financial support.

I'm sure it is going on. But that article is as expected really, the US are doing everything they can to ensure the money is accounted for and the Republicans say it's being wasted and lost to corruption.

CCFCSteve

Financial support from the West isn’t going to last forever; there are already questions being asked. If Trump gets voted in, it’ll probably be gone by this time next year.

Once that happens, Ukraine will be in a far weaker position to negotiate.

I agree. They’ve got to decide if/when they are in best position to negotiate

Grendel

Given you have swallowed propaganda from the US from day one that is genuinely hilarious

Oh and from this man

Climate Change GIF by GIPHY News

Grendel

It’s Ukraines call though….unless the West pulls support

Well it’s Zelensky who decides - anyone who shows dissent is removed

Grendel

Oh look here's the chief chomper of Kremlin propaganda.

No one has ever believed Russian propaganda-

least of all me

duffer

Did you read that article? I'm just wondering because of course it's the far right in the US that are primarily spouting the "Ukraine's bent so we shouldn't support them."

Interesting that you seem to be aligned with them on this.

As before, unless you're saying that Russia are invading Ukraine in order to put in place a better, less-corrupt democracy, it is an utterly bat-shit point of view.

Either it's acceptable for an authoritarian dictator to overthrow a sovereign European democracy by force, or it isn't.

If it isn't, then the West needs to support Ukraine with whatever they need, to the best of our ability; anything else is rank hypocrisy.

duffer

If he's just a grifter, why did he risk his, and his families lives to stay in Kyiv when the West offered him a way out?

Easy to forget, but in the first few hours and days of the Russian invasion, it looked very likely that Kyiv would fall and Zelenskyy would be captured and/or killed.

Where's your evidence that he's doing this for his own benefit, rather than for his country? It's a hell of a thing to claim without proof.

PVA

If he's just a grifter, why did he risk his, and his families lives to stay in Kyiv when the West offered him a way out?

Easy to forget, but in the first few hours and days of the Russian invasion, it looked very likely that Kyiv would fall and Zelenskyy would be captured and/or killed.

Where's your evidence that he's doing this for his own benefit, rather than for his country? It's a hell of a thing to claim without proof.

Quite. He's shown some pretty extraordinary levels of courage and leadership through the war. Not least, as you say, when assassination squads were sent to kill him and his family and he refused to leave.

And as always it's absurd to point out all these apparent flaws of Zelensky while not saying a single word about Putin.

Sick Boy

Did you read that article? I'm just wondering because of course it's the far right in the US that are primarily spouting the "Ukraine's bent so we shouldn't support them."

Interesting that you seem to be aligned with them on this.

As before, unless you're saying that Russia are invading Ukraine in order to put in place a better, less-corrupt democracy, it is an utterly bat-shit point of view.

Either it's acceptable for an authoritarian dictator to overthrow a sovereign European democracy by force, or it isn't.

If it isn't, then the West needs to support Ukraine with whatever they need, to the best of our ability; anything else is rank hypocrisy.
As I said, it's naive at best not to believe that there are huge issues with corruption there - it's hardly aligning myself with the far-right:

This is only from a few weeks ago - Ukraine says corrupt officials stole $40 million meant to buy arms for the war with Russia

Also, the West has hardly shown itself to be in a position to take the moral high ground on anything when it comes to mass murder.

Grendel

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

Grendel

People love an opinion poll

Sick Boy

I'm sure it is going on. But that article is as expected really, the US are doing everything they can to ensure the money is accounted for and the Republicans say it's being wasted and lost to corruption.
It absolutely is going on; it’s one of the most corrupt countries in Europe.

Grendel

It absolutely is going on; it’s one of the most corrupt countries in Europe.

Its ok his answer is to surrender to US influence - a warmongering, political and morally bankrupt country with a foreign policy aimed purely at self interest.

Grendel

Said with your usual incredible levels of self awareness.

At least I don’t have to ask my parents who to vote for when I’m a fully grown man

Grendel

Your obsession with my parents is really weird. Leave it out you utter creep.

It was you who said it not me - just extraordinary - “tories were the good guys as my dad told me” - weren’t you at university at 19? It’s a damning admission

Grendel

No, you keep mentioning my parents. It's fucking weird. Just leave it out.

PVA

Just fuck off, there's posts from you 2 years ago talking about my 'daddy'.

It's really, really fucking weird behaviour.

Users who are viewing this thread