USSR invades Ukraine. (9 Viewers)

PVA

I imagine the failed counter-offensive means that there's scepticism amongst Western countries, even if it's not publicly said. Billions of dollars was put towards weapons for it and it achieved next to nothing; it was supposed to have been the turning point in the war.

It failed because the west didn't give them what they needed.

djr8369

Just staggering the number of posters regurgitating Russian talking points from GB News while trying to sound smugly smart.

Reactions: PVA

Grendel

Just staggering the number of posters regurgitating Russian talking points from GB News while trying to sound smugly smart.

Im certainly not doing that

Grendel

Grendel

You think the torture, rape and murder of innocent people is good?

It's a take I suppose.

No that’s why I believe a solution needs to be found - unlike you

Grendel

One can only imagine how he'd react if someone called an IRA murder quaint.

Blowing innocent women and children in McDonald’s was definitely not - but some of your chums on here support this

Hertsccfc

Oh it’s kind of funny really - the old Soviet style of murder. It is a bit nostalgic
Murder is funny now?

Is it only funny if it is carried out by a totalitarian state? Or only some states? Just like to know which murders we should find funny and which we shouldn't.

Grendel

What the fuck? What is wrong with you

They've indiscriminately murdered thousands of innocent civilians. How can you deny this?

Civilians die in war - I’m sorry if this an affront to your precious sensitivities but that’s the way it goes

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Eliminating your enemies is hardly a new thing is it. I remember the death of Georgi Markov. There is something curiously quaint about it in a way. So John Le Carre.
Unacceptable levels of corruption in Ukraine (n)
Even higher levels of corruption. invasion of other countries and murdering of political rivals in Russia (y)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If we’re going back to pre WW2 geopolitics LFG. Move Taiwan to somewhere in Utah en masse then bring it, I reckon we win. Also fuck it lets go back in for Calais, solve the small boat problem once and for all.
Once more unto the breach my friends, once more!

PVA

Unacceptable levels of corruption in Ukraine (n)
Even higher levels of corruption. invasion of other countries and murdering of political rivals in Russia (y)

Blowing up innocent people in McDonald’s 👎🏻
Blowing up innocent people in hospitals and supermarkets 👍🏻

Call me old fashioned but I think they're both appalling.

Grendel

Blowing up innocent people in McDonald’s 👎🏻
Blowing up innocent people in hospitals and supermarkets 👍🏻

Call me old fashioned but I think they're both appalling.

You are failing to distinguish between terrorism and war

Grendel

And you fail to acknowledge the existence of war crimes.

No country involved in war - including Ukraine - plays by the rules

Grendel

Ukraine war crimes good 👍

Russia war crimes bad 👎

Grendel

Guess that’s the level we are at now here

shmmeee

Literally no one has said that.

No you don’t understand. Two wrongs make a right and only people who are unimpeachable on Grendels personal morality scale are allowed to complain about anything. Everyone else is the deserving poor/genocide victim.

Last edited:

Grendel

See, you’re doing it again.

They don’t and there’s a huge distinction between terrorism and war. The fact is if you like it or not many Russians view Ukraine as their territory - in the case of Crimea it’s Russian in their eyes and it’s takeover was seen by the population as legitimate

Zelensky is a corrupt grubby little man with a desire to make money. Putin is a murdering gangster with a desire to make even more money.

We shouldn’t be involved

PVA

No you don’t understand. Two wrongs make a right and only people who are unimpeachable on Grendels personal morality scale are allowed to complain about anything. Everyone else is the deserving poor/genocide victim.

Ah you're right. There's more important things than war crimes to get angry about. Zelensky's facial hair for example.

shmmeee

They don’t and there’s a huge distinction between terrorism and war. The fact is if you like it or not many Russians view Ukraine as their territory - in the case of Crimea it’s Russian in their eyes and it’s takeover was seen by the population as legitimate

Zelensky is a corrupt grubby little man with a desire to make money. Putin is a murdering gangster with a desire to make even more money.

We shouldn’t be involved

Grendels weird binary ethics system strikes again.

Russia are very openly carrying out genocide. Their stated aim is the removal of Ukraine as a concept. Their poor grasp of history, like Hitlers, like Nethenyahus, is irrelevant unless you’re desperately scraping around to try and justify your edgy positions of course. In which case wearing a hoodie as a leader and systematically kidnapping children and performing brainwashing on them are morally equivalent.

Got to admire your persistence at sticking to a bit, but it doesn’t half force you to look a clown sometimes.

PVA

That's the the problem with taking such stupid, edgy, views. They always come back to make you look a total clown when you try and defend various other positions totally at odds to other views on other topics.

Users who are viewing this thread