Vaz Te (1 Viewer)

Barnsleys star man has just rejected a new contract, Thorns after a striker, if Hoffman comes in with money to burn, welcome to the Ricoh? Supposedly Leeds are the favourite for his signature .

SkyBlueMania

Maybe a wee bit premature, even if a deal for the club was done in the next few weeks with the way the business world works and with how transfers are handled i doubt we'll manage too many signings this window. I think Thorn will be concentrating his efforts on players he knows he can get rather than speculating about getting some money handed to him to use for players we currently cannot afford.

EleanorRigby

I am sure it will be almost all loan deals, at the moment we are well in the relegation trap door so attracting the right players on permanent deals would be difficult

Sub

I am sure it will be almost all loan deals, at the moment we are well in the relegation trap door so attracting the right players on permanent deals would be difficult

and pointless on a money front as the money in the division below is alot less thats how we got into this mess in the first place !!

as long as the takeover happens then we dont have to worry about signings until the summer when we will need to buy wisely to get us straight back up

skybluealways

Even if the takeover does go through in the next 1-3 weeks then is it wise to use a substantial amount of money at this time of the season in order to "try" and improve our position. Would it be slightly more wiser to go for 2-3 quality loans from the premier league and pay the wages saving a little in the long run, as if we do spend say £2M in January and still, unfortunately fail to stay in the championship then that would be £2M + down the drain, something which could be used in the summer when we can review our position and see where we are. However, if Juke does go it is essential we use ALL the monies gained from the sale to find a suitable replacement and not from league one or two either.

Glen

Good loan signings or players out of contract that are willing to come till at least end of season

Users who are viewing this thread