Video technology. (1 Viewer)

wingy

Looks like it's going to be trialled In next seasons FA and Scottish Cups.
Albeit limited to penalties, Red Cards, mistaken Identify and goals.
Also only at the request of the referee.

CJ_covblaze

Finally sense has prevailed. why has it taken so long?

Otis

Finally sense has prevailed. why has it taken so long?
Still a bit wishy washy. Only trialed in FA Cup games and then probably won't come for League games until a year after that.

Meanwhile next season more managers will be pulling their hairs out at 'injustices.'

Glad it's coming but why has it taken so long?

Surely this sort of thing could have been trialed at these pre-season tournaments they have out in Asia etc. or for some high profile friendlies.

It's almost like they don't trust it! It's just an extra bow to the officials' weaponry. Just throw it in and if doesn't work just go back to what we have.

When you look at American Football they are always reviewing and looking at new ways to improve the game and it's constantly evolving. As per usual football is lagging behind.

vow

About time, brill news.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
They have TV replays in the big rugby matches - slow-mo etc. It's brilliant for the ref and officials. When was the last time you watched say, the Rugby World Cup and saw a player arguing with the ref? I'm not a huge fan of rugby but the FA could learn a lot from how they televise their games.

Gazolba

When you look at American Football they are always reviewing and looking at new ways to improve the game and it's constantly evolving. As per usual football is lagging behind.

I try to avoid looking at that awful 'sport' as much as possible. One of the best things about football is the traditions. The game has evolved a lot over the past 150 years to the point where it is almost perfect, so it's wise to be sceptical of any future 'improvements'. The biggest problem in the game as I see it is corruption and match-fixing which I'm convinced is much more prevalent than people realise.

Last edited:

Otis

I try to avoid looking at that awful 'sport' as much as possible. One of the best things about football is the traditions. The game has evolved a lot over the past 150 years to the point where it is almost perfect, so it's wise to be sceptical of any future 'improvements'. The biggest problem in the game as I see it is corruption and match-fixing which I'm convinced is much more prevalent than people realise.
I love American Football with a passion and think it's a fantastic game.

Why would anyone consider it not a sport? Don't get it. Fine if someone doesn't like it, but in what way doesn't it qualify as a sport?

Covstu

They have TV replays in the big rugby matches - slow-mo etc. It's brilliant for the ref and officials. When was the last time you watched say, the Rugby World Cup and saw a player arguing with the ref? I'm not a huge fan of rugby but the FA could learn a lot from how they televise their games.
Yes but wTching that first England game in the World Cup and waiting about 10 mins per decision killed the flow of the game

Users who are viewing this thread