Match Thread vs Cardiff (A) 19/09/23 (3 Viewers)

Flying Fokker

Godden is just that irritating goal hanger from school. The one everyone hated and admired simultaneously
But he knows where to put the ball 90% of the time. He’s also enjoying his game by the looks of it.

Flying Fokker

Uncle Doug might be having thoughts about whether or not to give that £12 million to Robins atm.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Are you an Imp?

Swings and roundabouts. Time will tell. He bought some good players. Simms and wright are the players who need to improve to varying degrees.

Brighton Sky Blue

We aren't playing in a way that suits him, he clearly has the pace to get on to balls through to him but we have no one playing them. In fact i think many of our new signings are suffering from whatever crap football Robins is trying to play at the moment. I've slept on it and maybe it's not just all our £20 million worth of new signings are shit but whatever the manager is trying isn't working. Needs to pull his finger out and find a way to get the best of what he's bought as currently this isn't good enough.

It surprised me to hear him say he wants them to play higher tempo stuff and be brave progressing the ball as from what I’ve seen they’re all playing slowly, holding the ball up and going side to side. Which to be honest is even worse because that really would point to a real lack of confidence not even 10 games in.

We look now how Forest did in their first 10 or whatever games under Chris Hughton in 21/22. They were also better on paper than they were on the pitch and also looked turgid while leaking goals everywhere. Don’t need to say what followed

AFCCOVENTRY

Well Robins finally admitting we have net replaced Hamer and lost the ability to play penetrative passes on the attach from midfield. He’s looking for people to step up. Unfortunately that isn’t going to happen because Kelly and Eccles will never do that and he insists on playing Palmer.

Robins needs to really think about formation and who he is picking for the next game.

Flying Fokker

Thank fuck someone has said it. The Turkish league is as snide as their clobber. Every player signed from Turkey has proven to be dogshit in the English Leagues. Wright’s record is shocking in every country but guess what, Turkey.

Dean Austin needs sacking. The biggest window we’ve ever had and he’s wanked the lot of it up the wall. I’d have Chris Badlan back in a heartbeat.
It’s an opinion, albeit an errant one.

Brighton Sky Blue

We were after a player from abroad.

For one reason or another Robins abandoned that and went all in on Kitching. Not even the recruitment geezer or Doug, it was Robins call. Which is mind boggling from a man whos done so well for us
Any idea who or at least where from? Baffling if true.

Fergusons_Beard

Unpopular opinion but we need to stop playing Fadz.

Our whole game is geared to covering for his lack of pace that it actually stiffles our play.

He was at fault for their first and third goals as he switched off for both.

We look pedestrian, slow build up, no movement, no creativity and a lack of fighting spirit.

This new ‘possession’ based system of Robins is not working and we are in danger of turning into Swansea-sideways and backwards passing-all possession and nothing else.

Palmer looks like he’s still in Jamaica, Jamie Allen needs more reserve games and Eccles looked lost until Kelly went off.

Eccles is most definitely not a set piece taker either.

Tatsu played well at right back for a left footed winger. ( yes it was a huge error for the goal)

Can’t blame him for not being the right back we needed for Milan cover. ( surely Bidwell could do it!)

As for Hadji Wright-he probably just needs time.

But how on earth did he last until the 83 min!

Ayari we’ll be great, Lattie & Dasilva been constantly good. Kitchen’s cameo shows we have something but he needs games.

As for Robins-not lost the faith just yet but when all of us can see that players are off, the system ain’t working and he doesn’t- it worries me.

Can’t wait for another boring 1-0 win on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Saddlebrains

Any idea who or at least where from? Baffling if true.

Nope still wont tell me, can only assume its because we might try and get the mystery man in January

But yea, apparently it was MR. Soon as it became apparent we couldnt get Lewis O'Brien in, he decided to go full throttle for Kitching. Which is actually a mental decision

Brighton Sky Blue

Nope still wont tell me, can only assume its because we might try and get the mystery man in January

But yea, apparently it was MR. Soon as it became apparent we couldnt get Lewis O'Brien in, he decided to go full throttle for Kitching. Which is actually a mental decision
If it came down to matching O’Brien’s wages we could have dropped Kitching instead. I’m pretty stunned to be reading this quite honestly

TomRad85

Anyway, I know Sakamoto came on in a completely different position to Palmer last night but he showed more than enough to suggest he'd do ok in the AM, just as he did at Swansea btw. He simply has to start over Palmer next game.

Sky Blue Harry H

I’m changing my mind on Palmer. He’s shit and offers very little
Wouldn't have a go at him based on the Hull game, but last night he was frustrating. You can see that he can do stuff that Eccles )and Kelly) can't and you can see why we need that type of player in if you are going to have Kelly and Eccles in the side, but based on last night, that probably needs to be Ayari. I thought Kelly played well last night, but Eccles, whilst making some cracking tackles, was involved in too much of the safe play. I was also surprised that Milan VE didn't drive at their defence more, but kept passing it back into midfield, which took any momentum away.

Brighton Sky Blue

Anyway, I know Sakamoto came on in a completely different position to Palmer last night but he showed more than enough to suggest he'd do ok in the AM, just as he did at Swansea btw. He simply has to start over Palmer next game.

The more he played at AM the more comfortable he’d look there. Palmer really was poor, and if he starts again on Monday we know he’s undroppable in MR’s eyes. There has to be a consequence for poor performances.

sylus

Normally i like Palmer, not his biggest fan but liked him thought he was alright, until last night, had a nightmare of a game, but i wouldn't say he was our worst player, he did at least force a save out of there keeper more than i can say for that £7M lump we had up front.

Robins has to turn this around which i think he will before it gets ugly and we find ourselves fighting down there.

Saddlebrains

If it came down to matching O’Brien’s wages we could have dropped Kitching instead. I’m pretty stunned to be reading this quite honestly

I was stunned to be told it to be quite honest.

Can only think Robins thinks Fadz is done, or doesnt rate Bobby Thomas

Absolutely unforgivable we didnt get in a CM

TomRad85

I was stunned to be told it to be quite honest.

Can only think Robins thinks Fadz is done, or doesnt rate Bobby Thomas

Absolutely unforgivable we didnt get in a CM
Well until yesterday I thought the defence was the only part of the team functioning half decent, I'd like to now downgrade my opinion to MVE is the only part of the team functioning properly.

Matt smith

Well until yesterday I thought the defence was the only part of the team functioning half decent, I'd like to now downgrade my opinion to MVE is the only part of the team functioning properly.

And he’s now injured probably for a while

I don’t know this I’m just fuming

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Even he wasn’t really with it, getting drawn in to the slow tempo stuff. Such a waste of someone who is one of if not the fastest player in the league.

pusbccfc

This is happening for 1 reason and 1 reason only

We lost the 2 best players in the division

We replaced one of them with 2 utter donkeys, and didnt even attempt to replace the other one

Hope the £12 million profit from Gus isnt burning too much of a hole in Uncle Dougs pocket though

I am annoyed we didn't replace Hamer but you aren't suggesting Doug is pocketing the money when we've spent £20m this summer, surely?

I doubt he'll be wanting Robins to spend money in January based on his signings this summer.

TomRad85

Even he wasn’t really with it, getting drawn in to the slow tempo stuff. Such a waste of someone who is one of if not the fastest player in the league.
I mean you can still tell he's really good. But yeh Robins isn't getting the best of his talents either atm.

TomRad85

I suspect that’s probably the last we’ll see of Saka seeing Robins singled him out for a naming and shaming.
Nothing Robins said gives me any confidence he understands the issues and has a way forward.
What did he say?

shmmeee

Last year's team was assembled on peanuts and started the season with fixture postponements. This year's team has been very expensively assembled and yet that gaping hole in central midfield hasn't been filled.

People keep banging on about the midfield but whatever we got fucked over. It happens. Understandable.

We approached Haji Wright before the playoff final, Simms was one of our first signings, and we have a gaping hole up front. At least in midfield we can hope something is to come. What we’ve done up front is fucking criminal.

Brighton Sky Blue

People keep banging on about the midfield but whatever we got fucked over. It happens. Understandable.

We approached Haji Wright before the playoff final, Simms was one of our first signings, and we have a gaping hole up front. At least in midfield we can hope something is to come. What we’ve done up front is fucking criminal.
Well last night every part of the side was terrible. You concede 3 goals a game and you’re very unlikely to get a result. And it seems we’ve gone all in on Kitching at the expense of sorting the midfield at Robins’ own insistence.

Up front Godden put away the only 2 chances he got and Simms looked brighter too. The whole side looked a mess aside from that 33 year old striker.

Users who are viewing this thread