Waggott on CWR this morning (1 Viewer)

ArchieLittle

Talking to Shane O'Connor regarding the rolling embargo.

Shane asked if he understood the FL embargo rules and Waggott actually went in to a long explanation of how the embargo rules had changed under FFP.
It seems the FL also did a rolling embargo for Bournemouth, long before FFP.

One point I picked up on was he said the rules allowed a squad of up to 24.
The CCFC site lists 19 players, doesn't include the bomb squad of 5 who are still registered players, so 19+5 = 24
How have we been able to sign another player?

I've been fast to criticise statements from the club saying they were going to sign somebody "soon" and will be only too pleased if we can get another CB, but it's hardly surprising people are confused at these discretionary moves by the FL.

How long will it be before other clubs start complaining about these manoeuvres?
Can we as a club take further advantage, is there a hidden rule that says if part of your company structure is based in the Cayman Islands and you have at least one American shadow director then if after 90 minutes you have scored less goals than the opposition then the opposition will leave the field and you have 5 minutes to get above their score?

Joking aside, can the FL just publish some rules and bloody stick to them.

mrbluesky87

I'm genuinely in awe that a certain section of posters on here haven't started calling him Steve Faggott yet.

Give it a rest. This is a Forum, everybody has their own views, if you dont like them, dont respond for God sake.

I for one do not care one bit what Steve Faggott has to say.

Sterling Archer

Sorry Schmee, I think you'll find the gut wrenchingly, piss pant wettingly, funny "Tim Fish-Face" is the comedic answer of choice.

Sterling Archer

Where are my manners? Let me try and get this back on topic.

I'm guessing with regards to the squad list not including the bomb squad is because we haven't actually registered them this season.

Noggin

I'm genuinely in awe that a certain section of posters on here haven't started calling him Steve Faggott yet.

you realise as the first responder you ruined the thread? and yet are criticising other posters?

edit - yep you realise :)

Last edited:

Manchester_sky_blue

Where are my manners? Let me try and get this back on topic.

I'm guessing with regards to the squad list not including the bomb squad is because we haven't actually registered them this season.

Thats a good point, if we own their registration but don't register them in our squad can we still loan them out or sell them? Or does it effectively make them free agents (except of course we cant just show them the door)

Sterling Archer

Thats a good point, if we own their registration but don't register them in our squad can we still loan them out or sell them? Or does it effectively make them free agents (except of course we cant just show them the door)

They are still contractually Coventry City players, so we pay their wages BUT and IF they're not registered, we cannot play them.

We won't get transfer fees for them anyway as they've already been told they are free to leave and find other clubs, unless of course Peter Ridsdale is still in football and might offer us a few million and some Mars bars for Malaga.

Last edited:

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
They are still contractually Coventry City players, so we're pay their wages BUT and IF they're not registered, we cannot play them.

I suspect that some (v likely McSheff) are registered under CCFC Ltd, which may by posing a problem as to the liquidation...

The Prefect

With the lack of season ticket sales the club is likely to be far enough the plan they submitted to the Football League for the embargo not to be fully lifted.

The rolling embargo of one-in-one-out seems to be the Football Leagues way of putting a club into 'special measures'. I don't see this changing any time soon. In fact as the season goes on I can see a permanent embargo due to the small gates at Sixfields.

ajsccfc

If Football Manager is any indication, players under a certain age or fitting certain criteria don't have to count as one of your registered places. Generally youth players fit that bill, so that could be about half our squad if so.

deanocity3

One point I picked up on was he said the rules allowed a squad of up to 24.
The CCFC site lists 19 players, doesn't include the bomb squad of 5 who are still registered players, so 19+5 = 24
How have we been able to sign another player?
I would think that the bomb squad have had there registrations cancelled as they have not been given squad numbers which have to be forwarded to the league.
but are having their contracts honoured.

mattylad

If Football Manager is any indication, players under a certain age or fitting certain criteria don't have to count as one of your registered places. Generally youth players fit that bill, so that could be about half our squad if so.
Correct...players under 21 are not included in the FFP rules.

tisza

what's the difference with Portsmouth then - they went through all that business with not putting kids on the bench and not having enough players to fil the bench?

Perhaps the bonb squad players have had there registration moved to another part of the SISU empire. Oh no, they couldn't have as the FL would need notifying as it's against the rules, and we know what a stickler for the rules they are ;)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Thought Waggott explained it pretty well ..... even if the figures do not seem to add up (nothing unusual with CCFC) ....... explained it well except for the bit when he said we were in embargo because of the CVA and delays it caused

We were in embargo from 01/02/13 because we had not filed accounts and still havent ...... well before the winding up order.

ArchieLittle

Has just occurred to me that if the bomb squad are not registered then is that why SP can't/won't call on them?

Registered, bought, loaned, borrowed, begged?
What happened to when people just discussed if they thought a player was any good or not and not his FL status?
Wish I could say "I give up" but I know I won't

Godiva

Thought Waggott explained it pretty well ..... even if the figures do not seem to add up (nothing unusual with CCFC) ....... explained it well except for the bit when he said we were in embargo because of the CVA and delays it caused

We were in embargo from 01/02/13 because we had not filed accounts and still havent ...... well before the winding up order.

But now that the golden share has been transferred to Otium I would think accounts from Ltd is no longer stopping the club coming out of embargo. I seem to remember Otium had not filed accounts either and at some time was on the brink of being stricken by companies house. Then the status changed a month ago so maybe Otium accounts have been filed?

Assuming Otium have filed accounts and the golden share has been transferred ... what is keeping the club under embargo?

DazzleTommyDazzle

But now that the golden share has been transferred to Otium I would think accounts from Ltd is no longer stopping the club coming out of embargo. I seem to remember Otium had not filed accounts either and at some time was on the brink of being stricken by companies house. Then the status changed a month ago so maybe Otium accounts have been filed?

Assuming Otium have filed accounts and the golden share has been transferred ... what is keeping the club under embargo?

The deadline for filing the Otium accounts was 21st January 2013.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, they have not yet been filed.

fernandopartridge

Although presumably irrelevant now as that CCFC no longer exists post liquidation?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
as a liquidator has not been appointed as yet how was ccfc ltd liquidated?

moot point really because thats the intention.

But Otium cant file its accounts until CCFC H Ltd does. because Otium owns CCFC H Ltd it being a group structure. CCFC H couldnt file accounts because it needed to know the outcome of the CVA to complete its accounts.

So the FL have handed the share to a company that was in breach of its own rules - but its all ok because its at its discretion

Last edited:

shmmeee

as a liquidator has not been appointed as yet how was ccfc ltd liquidated?

moot point really because thats the intention.

Oh and Otium cant file its accounts until CCFC H Ltd does. because Otium owns CCFC H Ltd

Several people told me on here that Appleton is the appointed liquidator. Is that not the case? Who decides? When?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Appleton will be liquidator - but has to apply to court to be appointed. Be unusual for the serving administrator not to assume role of liquidator

tisza

Although presumably irrelevant now as that CCFC no longer exists post liquidation?

have we actually been liquidated yet?
Holdings also didn't post accounts which is the bit that now does the player trading. So they weren't under embargo as well?

jesus-wept

Appleton will be liquidator - but has to apply to court to be appointed. Be unusual for the serving administrator not to assume role of liquidator
Can anyone object to that decision ?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
yes they can, but the costs of appointing a n other would be born by that creditor.

Do ACL want to object .... who knows

Users who are viewing this thread