Walsall-last home game (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

But if Sisu keep making losses every year then you would think they would leave.
Or Fisher will continue to do what he's been told to do. Like last year with Maddison we'll sell players to cover losses.
The longer they can make £1 million pound a year the longer they will stay.
The £1m is EBIT as has been explained over and over. There's not a pile of money in the safe at Ryton that Fisher won't let Slade spend.
We've seen where any money goes from transfers etc so why would it be any different if we put money into the club by buying season tickets. The profit will be taken by Seppala and she'll say thank you very much!
This has been done to death, there is no evidence of money being taken out of the club by Seppala and there's no reason for her to try and do it off the books as there is millions due to be paid back.

Cavan O'Doherty

Or Fisher will continue to do what he's been told to do. Like last year with Maddison we'll sell players to cover losses.

The £1m is EBIT as has been explained over and over. There's not a pile of money in the safe at Ryton that Fisher won't let Slade spend.

This has been done to death, there is no evidence of money being taken out of the club by Seppala and there's no reason for her to try and do it off the books as there is millions due to be paid back.
I'm no businessman, all I want to see is good football. Didn't the budget decrease this year even though attendances were up? Who's to say Seppala wouldn't want to take the extra money coming in if we packed the Ricoh. I don't believe a word these cronies say

Cavan O'Doherty

No it would mean more money going in to CCFC. It would also show any potential owner that CCFC might just be a viable club going forward.
It doesn't matter if we fill the ricoh or not. No Stadium, no academy sight. Who would want to invest in that! The fan base has proved it's there if there's success before. Why would it change this time?

Cov kid 55

I don't believe for a minute that if the ground was full the budget would be any higher, they would come up with some excuse, any new owner knows what they will get if they come in. I will be one of the people not renewing next year.

The budget may not increase, but we might win a game and show that our club has potential.

chiefdave

Didn't the budget decrease this year even though attendances were up?
Its gone from 12,570 to 8,996 which even my maths can work out is 3,500 less.
It doesn't matter if we fill the ricoh or not. No Stadium, no academy sight. Who would want to invest in that!
So what do you want a protest to achieve? If no new owner will come in what sense is there in a protest to get SISU out?

Terry Gibson's perm

The budget may not increase, but we might win a game and show that our club has potential.

Why would we win a game the increase in atmosphere? These little lambs have already proved that they are weak willed they couldn't cope.

skybluesam66

£1 mEBIT can be more than £1m cash

1. Write offs dont drain cash - and as they are not investing any remaining assets will continue to be written down
2, Any interest payments are to themselves
3. There are tax losses, so there will be no cash outlay

so yes any EBIT profit is really surplus in this case

Terry Gibson's perm

So what do you want a protest to achieve? If no new owner will come in what sense is there in a protest to get SISU out?

If these dreadful owners put the for sale signs up there would be interested parties, this idiot fisher just keeps saying not for sale.

Irish Sky Blue

Exactly.

Therefore a pitch invasion will ONLY hurt the club. Sisu don't seem the slightest bit bothered about pitch invasions. They are a faceless bunch of businessmen.

If it WAS hurting them we would never ever know.

Protests need to have a point and a clear goal, not just be a protest for protest sake.

We did the pitch invasion it got publicity, great. Now we need something else to keep it all focused in the media's eye without hurting Coventry City if at all possible.
The last pitch invasion seemed to get under Fisher's skin. He is the only visible sign of Sisu. What protest would you suggest?

Irish Sky Blue

Blackpool fans did the same thing a couple of years ago - resulted in a suspended three-point deduction

Blackpool hit by suspended three-point deduction for pitch invasion
Interesting that the FL didn't think it was necessary for the travelling Huddersfield fans to be compensated. Someone like Oysten can continue to run that club into the ground and they do nothing to stop this but the ones who really suffer, the Blackpool fans get nothing from them, no support, nothing. The German model with Fans owning 51% of their club seems a much better way forward.

Irish Sky Blue

You keep saying that there is no one to take Sisu's place. I don't believe that if they left no one would come in for us. As they are not putting in any money, what good are they doing anyway. If it is running at break even surely the Trust could run it until new owners arrived? To be honest anything would be better than Sisu.

shmmeee

As has been explained by OSB, there is no tax to pay and the only interest we owe is to Sisu.

Eventually there will be no Maddison to sell. We will lose anyone with the slightest bit of talent when we go down. Willis, Stevenson, Harries, Leahy, etc will all go in the summer.

Hanging on in the hope that we will someone start bouncing back is a fools errand. We will keep dropping until they get bored and liquidate us. Probably after a drop out the league. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

Sit and watch us do that if you want. But don't pretend it's helping the club. Nothing we do will change anything either way.

As for the last game of the season, I'd go for a sit in. Go to the game, or buy a ticket and go in as late as you can, then simply refuse to leave until we are forced out. Don't disrupt the game, once the final whistle goes it's nothing to do with the FA. If we can keep it up for a couple of hours it'd make the news easily.

Otis

As has been explained by OSB, there is no tax to pay and the only interest we owe is to Sisu.

Eventually there will be no Maddison to sell. We will lose anyone with the slightest bit of talent when we go down. Willis, Stevenson, Harries, Leahy, etc will all go in the summer.

Hanging on in the hope that we will someone start bouncing back is a fools errand. We will keep dropping until they get bored and liquidate us. Probably after a drop out the league. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

Sit and watch us do that if you want. But don't pretend it's helping the club. Nothing we do will change anything either way.

As for the last game of the season, I'd go for a sit in. Go to the game, or buy a ticket and go in as late as you can, then simply refuse to leave until we are forced out. Don't disrupt the game, once the final whistle goes it's nothing to do with the FA. If we can keep it up for a couple of hours it'd make the news easily.
Yep, good shout.

Adge

A sit in on the pitch.

chiefdave

You keep saying that there is no one to take Sisu's place.
Actually I was responding to someone else saying nobody would buy us. If they believe that then what is the point in protesting for SISU to go?
I don't believe that if they left no one would come in for us. As they are not putting in any money, what good are they doing anyway. If it is running at break even surely the Trust could run it until new owners arrived?
What about cashflow? Look at a situation like 12 months ago when SISU gave a short term loan, how would the Trust cope with such things. Hopefully that kind of thing will be covered off by the presentation from the Trust tomorrow.

chiefdave

There's no corporation tax if we don't make a profit but we'd still have to pay income tax and given footballers salaries that's going to be a significant amount. And while the interest isn't being paid it is still appearing on the accounts.

CCFC88

Unfortunately unless you do something big it won't be viewed as newsworthy. Unless you do something that splashes sisu negatively throughout the media it will impact negatively on the club more than it's owners.
I've said before that we need something that will capture all the news media. I would like a blocking of the roads around the Ricoh in order to prevent the away coach from arriving and therefore causing a delay of the game. That would harm sisu as the news channels will be all over it, pictures and interviews. The Beeb and sky would wAnt interviews with sisu as well as protesters for sure. It won't be at the ground itself so I can't see how the football authorities could punish the club with points deduction etc.
However there is a big risk of fan arrests etc but liaison with police beforehand could minimise that. Of course it will be a step too far for many and I fully understand that. I just can't think of anything else that would attract such attention and force sisu into the spotlight.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which roads would you block? Unless you block the M6 the stadium is walking distance for any football team who would arrive an hour before kick off.

covcity4life

if we are relegated i wouldnt be bothered if ricoh was burned down*

*Please note i am not advocating or threatening this

Wheelfass

If you want to hurt SISU then picket them at their homes and place if work - somewhere where it will embarrass and hurt them. It's evident they are are not embarrassed or hurt by what is going on at the Ricoh.
Do you have their home addresses.

Cavan O'Doherty

A boycott of season tickets is more likely to get rid of them then buying tickets so they're business makes money. It doesn't take a businessman to figure that one out

stevefloyd

I love the idea of a sit in after the game... it doesn't hurt the team and would definitely make the news if enough people done it... take sandwiches and drinks and stay as long as possible... Ricoh owners might not like it mind

Nick

Administrator
I love the idea of a sit in after the game... it doesn't hurt the team and would definitely make the news if enough people done it... take sandwiches and drinks and stay as long as possible... Ricoh owners might not like it mind

You mean like the 2 sit ins already done?

lifeskyblue

The only effect a sustained sit in after a game would have is to antagonise Wasps and make it more likely the club gets no deal with a Ricoh extension and more likely a move out of the city. Unless of course Fisher keeps his promise to build a new stadium...this must be the longest running joke in football.
Unless the sit in turned violent (which I wouldn't support) I can't see it attracting much media attention.
Preventing a game from starting whilst not being in the ground would capture far more interest and prevent the club being fined or docked points. But it's how to achieve this with the support of the majority of fans

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

There's no corporation tax if we don't make a profit but we'd still have to pay income tax and given footballers salaries that's going to be a significant amount. And while the interest isn't being paid it is still appearing on the accounts.
EBIT includes income tax - it is just before Corporation tax

Users who are viewing this thread