Walsall - The Banks's - Beacot (1 Viewer)

YamYam

Even though it is clear that you'll be playing at the Ricoh next year; if you are going to post about playing elsewhere, please be aware: you won't be ground-sharing in Walsall. Ever.

The Walsall board are, and have been for some time, very critical about clubs who misuse their money, spend what they don't have, or renege on their responsibilities.

There is no way that they would support a club that has refused to pay its rent at their own stadium.

Besides, a few years ago they did a ground-share with Aston Villa Reserves. It was on very good commercial terms - extremely beneficial to Walsall; but they had to terminate the deal half-way through the 2nd or 3rd year because if what it was doing to the pitch.

If they know the pitch can't cope with 10 extra reserve games; it's a cert that it can't cope with 22 extra league games; with cup games on top.

You aren't being kicked out of the Ricoh; but if you are you will not be at Walsall.

quinn1971

Even though it is clear that you'll be playing at the Ricoh next year; if you are going to post about playing elsewhere, please be aware: you won't be ground-sharing in Walsall. Ever.

The Walsall board are, and have been for some time, very critical about clubs who misuse their money, spend what they don't have, or renege on their responsibilities.

There is no way that they would support a club that has refused to pay its rent at their own stadium.

Besides, a few years ago they did a ground-share with Aston Villa Reserves. It was on very good commercial terms - extremely beneficial to Walsall; but they had to terminate the deal half-way through the 2nd or 3rd year because if what it was doing to the pitch.

If they know the pitch can't cope with 10 extra reserve games; it's a cert that it can't cope with 22 extra league games; with cup games on top.

You aren't being kicked out of the Ricoh; but if you are you will not be at Walsall.

That's a relief.Thanks :)

Why are you a member of that board then??? If not, how would you know what they're thinking you numb nut!!

Sick Boy

Is there nothing to talk about on the Walsall forum at the moment.?

He is hardly goading us or anything, is he? He is just a football fan who enjoys talking about football. It is always interesting to get another club's perspective and they shouldn't be discouraged from posting!

quinn1971

He is hardly goading us or anything, is he? He is just a football fan who enjoys talking about football. It is always interesting to get another club's perspective and they shouldn't be discouraged from posting!

But he's from walsall :)

Gaz

I'd much rather he just pissed off back to his own forum.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Where is the Beacot?
Respect your view.. but money talks.. if your owners(who should be admired) get an offer from CCFC to pay as we play, they'll take it.. money talks- morals and scruples I afraid take second stage... of course this doesn't mean we'll settle the bill ;)

Last edited:

skybluebeduff

If the shoe was on the other foot, would we want another team playing at The Ricoh? I see this guys point.
:blue:

wingy

Where is the Beacot?
Respect your view.. but money talks.. if your owners(who should be admired) get an offer from CCFC to pay as we play, they'll take it.. money talks- morals and scruples I afraid take second stage... of course this doesn't mean we'll settle the bill ;)

Maybe they can arrange a % deal per seat sold ,that would be innovative but I fear would struggle to generate enough to cover Walsalls costs.

Steve.B50

I just hope every other club and stadium say the same thing so it would make our Board/Administrator have to talk to the stadium owners or else not have anywhere to play.

James Smith

I just hope every other club and stadium say the same thing so it would make our Board/Administrator have to talk to the stadium owners or else not have anywhere to play.

+1 to all of that.

J

Jack Griffin

My sentiments too, shut out the SISU plot.. however I believe the Rushden Ground is empty.. so they may have another view, whatever I won't be going away to home matches.

Walsall are a well run club who know what level they are at and don't try and over reach, but with excellent commercial sense and well used facility they do well for a small club.

That said I am delighted we will not be welcome to share their ground as we don't want to, it's just the half wits who seem to think they still own our club that have this down as a good idea.

Steve.B50

I thought Peterborough were going to use the Rushdon ground while there's was wing upgraded, also is it within the 30 mile rule?

Skyblue4u

It's only the rip off rent we have to pay and the lack of cash streams on match days that are putting us in the red otherwise I think we would be breaking even.

J

Jack Griffin

I thought Peterborough were going to use the Rushdon ground while there's was wing upgraded, also is it within the 30 mile rule?

Can't find anything about that on their Website? Anyway, they just got relegated so can they afford it?

What 30 mile rule is that?

SkyBlueSwiss

It's only the rip off rent we have to pay and the lack of cash streams on match days that are putting us in the red otherwise I think we would be breaking even.

They are supposedly losing over £6 million a year. Somehow I do not think the rent and F&B come anywhere near covering such losses

Users who are viewing this thread