Ward to be released... (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Hardly a surprise. I liked Ward at City but always was prone to the one crucial lapse in concentration every game and had some real howlers at Norwich recently. Lambert's a shrewd maanger and will know that he needs to strengthen at CB in the summer

SkyBlue_Bear83

We could do a lot worse than Ward, obviously it would all depend on wages but he would be a good replacement when/if Cranie leaves. Similar players but Ward is probably stronger and better in the air.

Paxman II

I think it is a surprise and think y'all jumping the gun a bit. That report does not say that at all.
It may have been the case earlier but recently Ward got back in the side and has been stalwart the last half dozen games so he may also be offered a new deal.

Covstu

why would he come here? maybe if we stayed in the championship they we would have a shout but its not an urgent area to be filled in my opinion, bigger issues upfront! dont forget we do not own nimely so come next season he have to get a striker!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

why would he come here? maybe if we stayed in the championship they we would have a shout but its not an urgent area to be filled in my opinion, bigger issues upfront! dont forget we do not own nimely so come next season he have to get a striker!

Jonson Clarke-Harris will be a first team player next season in my view. Not starting every game, but will certainly feature. If we could get Nimely back on a season-long loan - as let's face it, he can't even be close to a Manchester City starting berth - then McDonald, Nimely and Clarke-Harris have the potential to be quite potent. Suiting SISU's unique 'funding model' too

Sky Blue M

Jonson Clarke-Harris will be a first team player next season in my view. Not starting every game, but will certainly feature. If we could get Nimely back on a season-long loan - as let's face it, he can't even be close to a Manchester City starting berth - then McDonald, Nimely and Clarke-Harris have the potential to be quite potent. Suiting SISU's unique 'funding model' too

Would love to see that. Heard some really good things about Clarke-Harris. We do either need to keep big Clive or get another big striker though.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Would love to see that. Heard some really good things about Clarke-Harris. We do either need to keep big Clive or get another big striker though.

As a bench player, I agree. The Academy are great to watch. Work a look if you've got nothing to do and fancy watching a game in the sun. Got to admit I'm a bit fair-weather in that regard!

Sky Blue M

I agree about a bench player. As well as he has played this season I am always a little disappointed to see Clive start as he really defines how we play. I think he or most players of his type should really be bought on to offer something different with about twenty to go

PVA

good player, would definitely take him back. Also would fit in well with Thorn's passing game. Sadly we have no chance though.

stupot07

The whole academy team will be in the first team next season. Billy Daniels has been scoring quite a few in the academy, Clarke-Harris has been on the bench the last 2/3 academy games.

LastGarrison

What he said.

scroobiustom

Elliot Ward once slept with my room mate at uni, anyway...

he didn't play on the Saturday because of groin strain! needless to say injury prone is an understatement!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
no way we would or could afford Ward - no starter as an idea sorry

Would like to see what Clarke-Harris could do in the first team too. Dont think will happen before next season though.

Users who are viewing this thread