Wasps bid for Ricoh Arena valued at £30million (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

What are you on about? Higgs will almost certainly not get anywhere near that price.

As you said that the Ricoh was worthless and nobody else would possibly be interested I'm not going to take your word for it. Besides I'm not stating they will.

Limey

We and the CT seem to know NOTHING about the clubs position in this yet. Until we do its almost impossible to make a call on this as CCFC supporters, no? I'm just hoping that there will be some long, long overdue good news for us at the end of this :s

skybluetony176

Just to re-iterate...

The £30m could easily be along the lines of £14.4m loan, £12m naming rights & £3.6m left for Higgs & CCC. We have no idea about the individual numbers so it's not really worth trying to extrapolate what equity etc. is from 'worth £30m' as it is such a general figure.

IIRC Rob you mentioned last week that you were hoping to meet with senior CCFC/SISU people by the end of this week. Did you have any joy (no pun intended) with this?

stupot07

We and the CT seem to know NOTHING about the clubs position in this yet. Until we do its almost impossible to make a call on this as CCFC supporters, no? I'm just hoping that there will be some long, long overdue good news for us at the end of this :s

We can make the judgement that moving a club 75 miles is wrong. We can make the judgement that I will have a negative effect on both cov rugby club and us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

RegTheDonk

It is interesting though, most of us thought that the first option clause had been defunct by the breaking of the lease

I thought that was the case too stu.

Could ACL be wound up, breaking the lease with the club, and a new company formed to run the stadium? Would that null the current rent deal? Painfully ironic, sounds a bit like CCFC Limited and CCFC Holdings.

We're debating the cost of whats being sold etc. I can't get my head around that and, to be frank, does it really matter at this point? I'm more concerned with the bottom line - what does this mean for the club? What is SISUs next step, should this deal go through? We have always thought the Ricoh was the prize they craved. If that goes out of the window, would they have to sell at a big loss? Or liquidate?

Worrying times, YET AGAIN.

Sick Boy

We know that a rugby club could be franchised and moved to Coventry. I am shocked that there isn't more outrage on here.

M&B Stand

How could this jeopardise our tenancy long term? It can't really, we screwed up our secure lease so can't moan anyway.

On the basis of what's good for the the public purse, CCC councillors HAVE to say Yes, otherwise it is dereliction of their statutory duty. Unless SISU bid up and ruin themselves, they are out of the running for the Ricoh (providing Wasps get the funding). This is best news ever.

Course it is good news at means SISU will feck off

Claiming it to be good for the public purse, yet admitting it's about getting rid of owners you don't like

**since 2013

Grendel

As you said that the Ricoh was worthless and nobody else would possibly be interested I'm not going to take your word for it. Besides I'm not stating they will.

They are likely to be paying £3 - £7 million for the lot -- so Sisu weren't that wrong were they?

hill83

We know that a rugby club could be franchised and moved to Coventry. I am shocked that there isn't more outrage on here.

For me, and this is totally hypocritical, I don't give a shit about rugby.

J

Jack Griffin

Lets just hope there is some way that CCFC can get some long term security and a viable future at the stadium ..... it is still possible even if ACL are sold

I hope and expect so.. I reckon there will be trouble if there are no guarantees.

Nick

Administrator
They are likely to be paying £3 - £7 million for the lot -- so Sisu weren't that wrong were they?

That is the way I read OSB's estimate. (I know it is an estimate by the way) that they would be paying £7 million for it. (as in physically handing over £7 million)

skybluetony176

Didn't you just say that they wouldn't get anywhere near £7M now you're saying they could. You seem confused. Do you know what day of the week it is? Perhaps you best go and lay down for a while.

Grendel

Didn't you just say that they wouldn't get anywhere near £7M now you're saying they could. You seem confused. Do you know what day of the week it is? Perhaps you best go and lay down for a while.

You idiot - its £7 million for 90%

Kneeza

They've (Wasps supporters) already been moved to Loftus Road (only six miles admittedly) and then nearly 30 miles to Adams Park. Wasps know that their fans will just suck it up or vote with their feet.

Grendel

In fairness G, that is splitting hairs a bit :D

The Higgs Share is we are told £6.5 million. We have no idea what they are getting back from the sale as its going to be a confidential arrangement. The net purchase price for 90% is likely to be between the values stated and so a lot nearer to the sisu figure that was offered.

Grendel

This I think is one thing that I doubt anyone can disagree with.

Looks to me that the Council seriously don't give a fuck about Sport in Coventry. I imagine even you are hanging your head in shame aren't you Council Jack?

Nick

Administrator
They've (Wasps supporters) already been moved to Loftus Road (only six miles admittedly) and then nearly 30 miles to Adams Park. Wasps know that their fans will just suck it up or vote with their feet.

Ah fuck them, makes it ok then ;)

Grendel

If its really that little it makes your buddies at Sisu HQ right mugs does it not ?

It seems only you, Tony, Council Jack and Schmee are clinging to the council driftwood. Who next to jump ship?

Otis

Looks to me that the Council seriously don't give a fuck about Sport in Coventry. I imagine even you are hanging your head in shame aren't you Council Jack?

It's like a 'We are Millwall, no-one likes us' moment.

Nick

Administrator
If its really that little it makes your buddies at Sisu HQ right mugs does it not ?

If you are quoting that IF it was 7 million being handed over for 90% would make SISU look like mugs, it doesn't really as it means they weren't far off if they were to pay 2 million up front for Higgs and would have been majorly over paying if they paid 5.5 million.

However, if it IS only 7 million being paid they should get to the bank to ask for a loan ;)

skybluetony176

You idiot - its £7 million for 90%

That's a fact is it? Didn't you state that SISI deliberately lost the JR to continue the distressing of ACL just before they started giving them money to rent again?

Like me you know nothing for sure. We're all talking what ifs. Only you're trying to pass your what ifs as fact.

Grendel

That's a fact is it? Didn't you state that SISI deliberately lost the JR to continue the distressing of ACL just before they started giving them money to rent again?

Like me you know nothing for sure. We're all talking what ifs. Only you're trying to pass your what ifs as fact.

I did post an estimate of this figure. What did you think of OSB's response?

torchomatic

How did you manage to change your username?

How could this jeopardise our tenancy long term? It can't really, we screwed up our secure lease so can't moan anyway.

On the basis of what's good for the the public purse, CCC councillors HAVE to say Yes, otherwise it is dereliction of their statutory duty. Unless SISU bid up and ruin themselves, they are out of the running for the Ricoh (providing Wasps get the funding). This is best news ever.

skybluetony176

It seems only you, Tony, Council Jack and Schmee are clinging to the council driftwood. Who next to jump ship?

Clinging to council driftwood FFS. Show me a post where I've praised the council for this.

Stop making shit up to cause divisions that aren't there just so you can continue to talk about the council.

Nick

Administrator

Nobody has said it is fact, it is all guesstimates.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread