Wasps Choice (1 Viewer)

Would you rather wasps left Coventry or bought CCFC

• Leave Coventry

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Buy CCFC

Votes: 15 32.6%

• Total voters

Liquid Gold

Thought this might be a good opportunity to argue the same points again...

Otis

Thought this might be a good opportunity to argue the same points again...
I was hoping it was going to be more like Housewives Choice.

What songs would Wasps choose for rainy day, that sort of thing.

Maybe something from the Buzzcocks, for starters.

Liquid Gold

I was hoping it was going to be more like Housewives Choice.

What songs would Wasps choose for rainy day, that sort of thing.

Maybe something from the Buzzcocks, for starters.
Well wasps do buzz and there are many who think of them as cocks

Jon

If Wasps leave we are still stuck with SISU, I'd sooner they bought us and see how it goes . . . Can't be any worse can it??

peeler

It's a bit of a stupid poll really because not all likely options are there.

How about someone other than Wasps take us over, work with Wasps using some of their sporting business acumen and making a success of it.

Brylowes

So Wasps leave and Ricoh is reunited with CCC, then SISU and CCC could
Cut in and pick up the dance where they left off. Hooray :):):)
We would be able too re-live some of the old classics, rent strikes, administration,
Club in exile, boycotts, not to mention we could probably keep the high court busy
For at least another half a century. ;)

Ian1779

If Wasps left, we got the stadium we'd have the best to chance to rid ourselves of two hedge funds...

Captain Dart

It is a stupid poll because neither of the options are realistic.

ClarkeZ

It would depend entirely on what Wasps' plan was for CCFC.
If I'm honest I can see a semi-sensible business plan in them buying us, but it would have to be on a premise that both teams are run as fully separate entities so the rugby team couldnt siphon funds away from CCFC like a financial feeder club. Regardless of individuals' views surrounding their arrival in the city, it could end up a profitable joint venture. The football club would therefore have a stake in the ground, operating costs would plummet as a result, issues with training facilities etc would become easier to manage. In that situation, yes please. Mutual benefits and all that.

stupot07

Its a flawed poll because of everything people have already said. That said, wasps leaving the Ricoh would open up thr opportunity for someone to come and buy the club and unite the football club and the stadium. The sale of the stadium to wasps removing the option to buy into the Ricoh will be thr biggest factor in putting off any decent perspective owner.

I can't believe any cov fan would not want wasps to leave the Ricoh.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I can not see why Wasps would (a) fail (b) leave.............. even if CCC lose the JR2 case (which I do not expect they will)

Failure for the Wasps team does not mean failure for Wasps Holdings. For example in the 2015 Wasps accounts ticket income was 12% of total income so significantly smaller crowds are a risk but not terminal. They are guaranteed 20% of their income from the central distribution each year and the amount is increasing, currently their biggest cost is capped (wages). 50% + of their income was from non sporting sources.

Oh and 2015 turnover was 21m would expect that to have increased

SISU sitting tight waiting for them to fail seems a very desperate plan

Hobo

It would help if the choices were a realistic possibility.

I am going to decline due to it being a pointless vote.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It would depend entirely on what Wasps' plan was for CCFC.
If I'm honest I can see a semi-sensible business plan in them buying us, but it would have to be on a premise that both teams are run as fully separate entities so the rugby team couldnt siphon funds away from CCFC like a financial feeder club. Regardless of individuals' views surrounding their arrival in the city, it could end up a profitable joint venture. The football club would therefore have a stake in the ground, operating costs would plummet as a result, issues with training facilities etc would become easier to manage. In that situation, yes please. Mutual benefits and all that.

If Wasps bought CCFC, I think you might find it would be CCFC siphoning off cash from Wasps not the other way round. Wasps buying CCFC doesn't necessarily mean that CCFC have any stake in the ground. Stadium costs would be exactly the same for the whole group just allocated differently and the savings because of owning CCFC would be minimal for Wasps Group. Were Wasps to own CCFC tomorrow I think you would find CCFC costs going up as the current deal does not I think reflect the true cost of operation. The dominant partner (ignore whether Football is bigger than rugby as a sport) would be Wasps not CCFC because the owners would be Wasps. The issue at the Academy would still require the same solution - a split site as there is going to be not enough space, and there will still be costs to be allocated/paid.

Still don't see why Wasps would want or need to own CCFC

peeler

I can not see why Wasps would (a) fail (b) leave.............. even if CCC lose the JR2 case (which I do not expect they will)

Failure for the Wasps team does not mean failure for Wasps Holdings. For example in the 2015 Wasps accounts ticket income was 12% of total income so significantly smaller crowds are a risk but not terminal. They are guaranteed 20% of their income from the central distribution each year and the amount is increasing, currently their biggest cost is capped (wages). 50% + of their income was from non sporting sources.

Oh and 2015 turnover was 21m would expect that to have increased

SISU sitting tight waiting for them to fail seems a very desperate plan

I very much doubt they are sitting tight waiting for Wasps to fail, because as you said it's not likely.

I think SISU only have one way of succeeding now
That is hoping that one of their JRs stick & then they'll sue the council for loss of earning.
If this scenario ever happened, CCFC will see none of this money, they would pay off their loans and finally ditch the club.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread