Wasps downward spiral... (7 Viewers)

shepardo01

I can’t imagine for a second the council wanted this news out it’s more likely somebody who found out about it gave Giblet the nod.
Course they didn't!... that's why, as Gilbert mentioned, there was scrambling around behind the scenes to get a story straight!.... and I still don't think there has been any official story/announcement from Wasps or thr Council, other than the Council sating they had "signposted" Wasps to the WMCA who have a pot of money, whereas in reality, as reported by Gilbert- Reeves from the Council, actually approached WMCA on behalf of Wasps..... more Council shenanigans!!

Grendel

Course they didn't!... that's why, as Gilbert mentioned, there was scrambling around behind the scenes to get a story straight!.... and I still don't think there has been any official story/announcement from Wasps or thr Council, other than the Council sating they had "signposted" Wasps to the WMCA who have a pot of money, whereas in reality, as reported by Gilbert- Reeves from the Council, actually approached WMCA on behalf of Wasps..... more Council shenanigans!!

I agree with FP certain people on the council have had enough of the nonsense

shepardo01

Meaning the council are now trying to cut wasps loose? Throw them under the bus?
No, those at the top who have been part of the shenanigans all along will continue to try to save the face of their super pet project.
More than likely someone lower down that has no say - if the leak did come from that avenue.

Philosorapter

I think if the council went Tory there would be very little support

Being neutral in anything to do with the council, The Labour group did force this through the council house without the need of the Tories.

They did back it too. Blame, though, needs to be proportioned. If you act as a group, you get blamed as a group.

Also, Ann Lucas. Has anything she tried to achieve as council leader been successful?

Philosorapter

There should be alarm bells going off in anyone's head when you have to deal with anything she has put her name to.

Philosorapter

It does make you question the aptitude of other Labour councillors in choosing her as council leader.

Philosorapter

And also, the ones who control the mechanics within Coventry Labour who are not councillors.

Philosorapter

I'm sorry, but anyone who has held a position of responsibility with this group, or the larger group it is meant to represent over the past decade, needs to be moved on for their abject failure to act.

Gynnsthetonic

Mutton has passed away and Lucas has left, ones in charge when Wasps bought in, hopefully a change of stance although Duggins and our Lord Mayer Maton still there

joemercersaces

Don't forget Reeves!
When years ago certain members of the council took the decision to shaft CCFC and CRFC and get into bed with Wasps they probably crossed a line of integrity and transparency that they can never recross, and so are ever more desperate to cover that up. Wasps going tits up might lead to some skeletons emerging. It’s probably now a case of shit or bust for some.

duffer

Mutton has passed away and Lucas has left, ones in charge when Wasps bought in, hopefully a change of stance although Duggins and our Lord Mayer Maton still there

Maton is very much pro-Wasps. He was the one they put on the radio to cheerlead the project. A slimy, disgrace of a man who hugely diminishes the office of Lord Mayor. Everything that's bad about politics is neatly captured in the incompetence and corruption of this council. And they're supposed to be Labour, FFS.

Grendel

Well no one according to the share forum site has been notified at all. So I’d guess another delay being reported tomorrow

LastGarrison

The silence is deafening, must be waiting on the bung from the council before they can refinance... absolute joke!
Andy Street posted on LinkedIn about Villa’s ‘transformational plans’ for Villa Park and it has sparked a debate from Blues fans saying when are they going to get supported, with the Villa fans saying it is private money etc.

Wouldn’t be the worst time to contribute and link the article of Wasps going cap in hand to WMCA….

Reactions: vow

Sky Blue Harry H

Andy Street posted on LinkedIn about Villa’s ‘transformational plans’ for Villa Park and it has sparked a debate from Blues fans saying when are they going to get supported, with the Villa fans saying it is private money etc.

Wouldn’t be the worst time to contribute and link the article of Wasps going cap in hand to WMCA….

Already posted on Small Heath Alliance.

Users who are viewing this thread