Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otis

There's a few on Facebook and Twitter by the looks giving the faux sadness over the redundancies. It's not ideal for them obviously but people get made redundant every day, people who don't work for parasites and I absolutely will not have my enjoyment over Wasps going pop being spoiled by a few social media suck ups.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Probably the same people who queued up for 2 and half days to see the Queen's coffin.

Briles

There's a few on Facebook and Twitter by the looks giving the faux sadness over the redundancies. It's not ideal for them obviously but people get made redundant every day, people who don't work for parasites and I absolutely will not have my enjoyment over Wasps going pop being spoiled by a few social media suck ups.

Its Just people taking pseudo moralistic stances on social issues in order to look good to their mates/Family. Nobody not directly affected cares.

Joy Division

Surely they must have been aware for years in advance that there was never going to be a chance to pay back the bonds. I'm not sure even the most optimistic person could have thought there would be any turnaround of fortunes, surely that must be looked into by the authorities.

Also, what happened to the money they received after selling their former ground for housing development?

SkyBlue_Bear83

How many of the 167 are actually full time employees I wonder?

Players and coaching staff will be fine, they will be fine. People who were in the higher management and business decisions were responsible for the mess.

Frostie

It's mad how little the Wasps fans seem to know.

Maybe it was before they got given a free flag?

I was going to say this but then I guess it explains why those actually to blame (Richardson, Eastwood, Vaughan etc.) were never called to account (and still aren't). It's all everyone else's fault.

Maybe it's a lack of passion? The general apathy to it all pretty much sums up a sport which should never have gone pro.

Nick

Administrator
I was going to say this but then I guess it explains why those actually to blame (Richardson, Eastwood, Vaughan etc.) were never called to account (and still aren't). It's all everyone else's fault.

Maybe it's a lack of passion? The general apathy to it all pretty much sums up a sport which should never have gone pro.

I am still going to say it, the local media too.

Bobby Bridge just copied and pasted what he was told to. How everything was rosy.

ovduk78

How can Vaughan blame HSBC for not lending them the money when he himself knew what a financial mess they were in? How were they ever going to pay off the loan from HSBC when they were losing £175,000 per week?

Nick

Administrator
How can Vaughan blame HSBC for not lending them the money when he himself knew what a financial mess they were in? How were they ever going to pay off the loan from HSBC when they were losing £175,000 per week?

Yeah it's so fucking weird.

shepardo01

The Arena is going through an "accelerated mergers process" - being overseen by the administrator!?...
What is this??

Quote from CovTel article.

""""As for the Arena, the Arena is part of a much larger complex of businesses and are different legal entities. It hosts Wasps in rugby, it hosts Coventry City in football, it hosts concerts, that will still be in use for those activities and I am sure if in the fullness of time, there is a new owner for that business because that's going through an AMA (accelerated mergers and acquisitions) process as well, which we're running, that they would want to have Wasps as a tenant. Because obviously it's important to have the tenant for the income and I am sure that is where they would look to play.""

shmmeee

The Arena is going through an "accelerated mergers process" - being overseen by the administrator!?...
What is this??

Quote from CovTel article.

""""As for the Arena, the Arena is part of a much larger complex of businesses and are different legal entities. It hosts Wasps in rugby, it hosts Coventry City in football, it hosts concerts, that will still be in use for those activities and I am sure if in the fullness of time, there is a new owner for that business because that's going through an AMA (accelerated mergers and acquisitions) process as well, which we're running, that they would want to have Wasps as a tenant. Because obviously it's important to have the tenant for the income and I am sure that is where they would look to play.""

“If”

Edit: wait. No.

Nick

Administrator
Ridley

"If there is any attempt to avoid talking about the Arena we will call an EGM?"

Whatever that means.

Maton makes a shit joke.

shmmeee

Ridley

"If there is any attempt to avoid talking about the Arena we will call an EGM?"

Whatever that means.

Maton makes a shit joke.

Im guessing it’s not an agenda item so could run out of time (or time could be run out for the cynical) so he’s saying if it’s not discussed can we have another meeting.

SHUNT31

Little bit concerned by this article, not going to lie.

I don’t want them in Coventry, full stop.

Also says an accelerated merger or acquisition is under way. Does that mean it’s already been agreed to be sold? If they are hopeful of Wasps staying as tenants then they must have had dialogue with the potential new owner over the issue. That for me, rules out Ashley and McEvoy.

May even be sisu who are the party and that they have agreed to have Wasps as tenants. Can’t see it though. My gut says it’s NEC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Maton says the public and press will be excluded to hear about the private part of the agenda.

It is anticipated that the following matters will be referred as a Recommendation from Cabinet, 11 October 2022. The report is attached. The relevant Recommendation will be circulated separately

olderskyblue

Can someone explain why bond holders should get their money back? wasnt it a risk that failed, so bad luck for them?

jordan210

Little bit concerned by this article, not going to lie.

I don’t want them in Coventry, full stop.

Also says an accelerated merger or acquisition is under way. Does that mean it’s already been agreed to be sold? If they are hopeful of Wasps staying as tenants then they must have had dialogue with the potential new owner over the issue. That for me, rules out Ashley and McEvoy.

May even be sisu who are the party and that they have agreed to have Wasps as tenants. Can’t see it though. My gut says it’s NEC.

This line is odd

The real thrust now, must be to find a preferred party. We've been talking to somebody today, and are reasonably hopeful, confident, I would say that tomorrow we will be pushing them forward and pushing them in front of the RFU to get that process going.

Why would you talk to the RFU about the arena sale ?

its almost as if who ever gave that interview is confused about what's going on

SHUNT31

This line is odd

The real thrust now, must be to find a preferred party. We've been talking to somebody today, and are reasonably hopeful, confident, I would say that tomorrow we will be pushing them forward and pushing them in front of the RFU to get that process going.

Why would you talk to the RFU about the arena sale ?

He’s not. He’s talking about Wasps Holdings, not ACL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread