Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCFCSteve

Aug 11, 2011
Bit behind with developments. Where did the £150k come from and what’s it due to get us ? Home games until World Cup ?

duffer

Oct 28, 2010
Three possibilities here that I can see:

ACL enter another NOI. That means they keep trading, we play on Tuesday as normal. Seems unlikely if it's true that we're already having to pay to play today.

No NOI leads to the remaining two paths:

Administration: Potential buyer surely has to fund to keep the business going, we play as usual.

Liquidation: I can only see this happening if there genuinely are no buyers for the lease. In which case reversion to the council happens. If this happens I'd guess there will be massive pressure on the council to get the doors open again for all of the businesses that want to continue trading at the Arena, and are willing to pay to do so, including us. I can't see how even liquidation ends up with us out of the CBS in the long term, but maybe a few weeks to resolve?

theferret

Oct 14, 2012
Bit behind with developments. Where did the £150k come from and what’s it due to get us ? Home games until World Cup ?

The 150K was just for today's game (so it has been said), but these seem to be rumours. Gilbert said 'a substantial amount' but hasn't confirmed exactly how much, but refused to deny it when somebody mentioned the 150K figure.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Three possibilities here that I can see:

ACL enter another NOI. That means they keep trading, we play on Tuesday as normal. Seems unlikely if it's true that we're already having to pay to play today.

No NOI leads to the remaining two paths:

Administration: Potential buyer surely has to fund to keep the business going, we play as usual.

Liquidation: I can only see this happening if there genuinely are no buyers for the lease. In which case reversion to the council happens. If this happens I'd guess there will be massive pressure on the council to get the doors open again for all of the businesses that want to continue trading at the Arena, and are willing to pay to do so, including us. I can't see how even liquidation ends up with us out of the CBS in the long term, but maybe a few weeks to resolve?

Liquidation is the best option as it removes the lease from bondholder claims - administrators would struggle to find finances for matches to continue and potential buyers wouldn’t be funding - why would they?

Mcbean

Jul 17, 2015
Hopefully there would be decent walk up today providing some extra cash for the pot !

djr8369

Jun 9, 2018
How long realistically should / could the club fund ACL again? I am not sure it would be enough to keep ACL from going into Administration.

Does the money class as a loan, pre payment etc?
It’s worrying because ACL could drag this out all season in theory while waiting for a mystical buyer who wants to take on all the debts. UNLESS there is something agreed already behind the scenes.

I’ve no background knowledge in all this stuff so purely speculation.

mmttww

Jan 22, 2014
We should be telling the clueless CEO and dumbass owners to fuck off once and for all

No, Ta! I'll go support the team. If you think any kind of protest from us is going to make them go anywhere after every move they've pulled up to this point, you're a lot less smart then you make yourself look.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Mar 27, 2011
Liquidation is the best option as it removes the lease from bondholder claims - administrators would struggle to find finances for matches to continue and potential buyers wouldn’t be funding - why would they?
How did Derby get funded for a year in admin?

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Obviously not going to happen whatever the plan is. Would be a bit of a naive move commercially.

To be clear I can’t wait for SISU to fuck off for a million reasons but not shouting from the rooftops about if they’re planning to buy the stadium or not is not one of them

Then you don’t get to complain or mock when people are trying to work out the plan or unhappy with how it’s going so far.

Reactions: Flying Fokker

CCFCSteve

Aug 11, 2011
The 150K was just for today's game (so it has been said), but these seem to be rumours. Gilbert said 'a substantial amount' but hasn't confirmed exactly how much, but refused to deny it when somebody mentioned the 150K figure.

Thanks. I just can’t see that figure being for one game. If that amount was paid there must be more to it ie maybe the club owed a proportion of it already. Who knows though.

Reactions: wingy

duffer

Oct 28, 2010
It’s worrying because ACL could drag this out all season in theory while waiting for a mystical buyer who wants to take on all the debts. UNLESS there is something agreed already behind the scenes.

I’ve no background knowledge in all this stuff so purely speculation.

In fairness mate, I'm not sure anyone really knows what's going on, at least you're honest about it! 🙂

If ACL are already begging for money, then I can't see how they can drag out an administration process, or apply for another NOI. If we're already having to pay extra to play, they must already be insolvent.

The only way I see ACL keep going is if a potential buyer funds them once they enter administration. No buyer means liquidation I guess.

The one thing I don't see is it dragging out indefinitely, but that is just my opinion rather than fact.

oldfiver

Mar 25, 2011

Liquidation does not remove any rights from Fixed Charge Holders.

The right to sell moves from the Company to the Charge Holder or Liquidator but the actual Charge is unmoved

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Liquidation does not remove any rights from Fixed Charge Holders.

The right to sell moves from the Company to the Charge Holder or Liquidator but the actual Charge is unmoved

what will the bond holders actually be able to claim against though? Doesn’t it mean in that instance CCC will be as freeholders able to sell a lease to a new buyer with no constraint regarding debt to the bond Holder - I assume even if it goes into administration it would be wasps preferred administrator would it not?

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
Then you don’t get to complain or mock when people are trying to work out the plan or unhappy with how it’s going so far.

I mean I'm not the sharpest tool in the box but it's obvious that potential buyers are not going to be showing their hands

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
I mean I'm not the sharpest tool in the box but it's obvious that potential buyers are not going to be showing their hands

it makes no difference in the end. Logically you would assume Sisu will make some sort of bid to purchase anyway as a sitting tenant who’ve claimed they will have up to £60 million of funding for a new stadium purchase

it’s beyond credence they won’t make a bid of sorts

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
it makes no difference in the end. Logically you would assume Sisu will make some sort of bid to purchase anyway as a sitting tenant who’ve claimed they will have up to £60 million of funding for a new stadium purchase

Between two hedge funds.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Why hasn't Mike Ashley sat down with Andy turner and detailed everything?

Ashley isn’t exactly publicity shy and it was stated he was given access to ACL finances and he stated he’s refinance bonds as an intent to purchase pre administration

oldfiver

Mar 25, 2011
what will the bond holders actually be able to claim against though? Doesn’t it mean in that instance CCC will be as freeholders able to sell a lease to a new buyer with no constraint regarding debt to the bond Holder - I assume even if it goes into administration it would be wasps preferred administrator would it not?

The value of their security is another issue ( and a risk they took on ) they still have a charge and right to sell in priority
Liquidation also passes ownership of the Asset from ACL to them / Liquidator
If CCC took any action that affects the value or rights of that lease there are potential remedies

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry

Just waiting to see if they can get it minus all or most of the debt

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
Reactions: Skyblueweeman

Tommo1993

Apr 14, 2019
Struggling to see how a few across social media think we should suddenly have a bumper crowd today.

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
I can accept the previous anger in regards to the owners not buying the arena when they should have .

Let's also not forget the dodgy council , who have their hands in many dodgy pies already .

We've never owned the stadium .

To be angry at our owners because wasps and ACL are going bust is a new strange tbh

Philosorapter

Aug 7, 2013
It's almost like ACL has been passed back in to Council hands, but no one wants to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread